UFC/PRIDE (Possible Spoilers) - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

UFC/PRIDE (Possible Spoilers)

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: UFC/PRIDE (Possible Spoilers)

Postby urbanbreez » Sat Aug 15, 2009 7:04 pm

bigken117 wrote:
Wright2Reyes wrote:The Fertittas and Dana have done just about everything to get Fedor in the UFC. The only thing they won't do is co-promote with M-1. Which is completely understandable and hopefully will never do.

if White really wanted Fedor he would...why do you think he shouldn't? I don't care either way, but don't complain you did everything you could when you refuse to make certain concessions.

Here is an interesting article: http://www.5thround.com/news/6675/dana-white-i-did-everything-i-could-to-try-and-sign-fedor/

BTW, I have no freakin' idea how to make those links smaller.

Anyway, there are two totally different versions of the story. Someone has to be lying. Dana White said he did everything in the world to make the deal happen aside from agreeiing to co-promote with M-1. Why whould he? He doesn't need them for that. What Fedor and his manager bring to the table is Fedor, there is no value added with M-1's promotional capabilities.

I think Fedor and his manager are being pretty unreasonable. This fight, the one with Lesnor, would be the biggest MMA draw ever. The UFC would be more than capable of handling the promotion all by themselves. White said he offered 30 Mill for a 6 fight contract and he broke many of the rules he usually sets when signing top fighters in the world, like letting Fedor compete in Sambo while under contract.

On the other hand, Fedor's manager says no such 30 Mil/6 fight deal was offered. Bizzare, I know. Either the deal was offered or it wasn't. I have to believe that it was, simply because Dana seems pretty straight forward and since he made a public statement saying that was the offer, what would be the point in lying about it when Fedor's manager could easily call him on it and force him to take a deal on those terms?

I think once M-1 folds, and that's a matter of time, we'll get to see Fedor in the Octogon. But will he be too old by then? Who knows. I hope not. At this point in his career, I think Fedor would handle Lensor with ease but in three or four years perhaps not. Fedor's legacy is being hurt by this. I know he's made statements alluding to the fact that he doesn't care about his legacy and if that's true then it's a slap in the face to his fans.
urbanbreez
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Wright2Reyes » Sun Aug 16, 2009 11:16 pm

urbanbreez wrote:
bigken117 wrote:
Wright2Reyes wrote:The Fertittas and Dana have done just about everything to get Fedor in the UFC. The only thing they won't do is co-promote with M-1. Which is completely understandable and hopefully will never do.

if White really wanted Fedor he would...why do you think he shouldn't? I don't care either way, but don't complain you did everything you could when you refuse to make certain concessions.

Here is an interesting article: http://www.5thround.com/news/6675/dana-white-i-did-everything-i-could-to-try-and-sign-fedor/

BTW, I have no freakin' idea how to make those links smaller.

Anyway, there are two totally different versions of the story. Someone has to be lying. Dana White said he did everything in the world to make the deal happen aside from agreeiing to co-promote with M-1. Why whould he? He doesn't need them for that. What Fedor and his manager bring to the table is Fedor, there is no value added with M-1's promotional capabilities.

I think Fedor and his manager are being pretty unreasonable. This fight, the one with Lesnor, would be the biggest MMA draw ever. The UFC would be more than capable of handling the promotion all by themselves. White said he offered 30 Mill for a 6 fight contract and he broke many of the rules he usually sets when signing top fighters in the world, like letting Fedor compete in Sambo while under contract.

On the other hand, Fedor's manager says no such 30 Mil/6 fight deal was offered. Bizzare, I know. Either the deal was offered or it wasn't. I have to believe that it was, simply because Dana seems pretty straight forward and since he made a public statement saying that was the offer, what would be the point in lying about it when Fedor's manager could easily call him on it and force him to take a deal on those terms?

I think once M-1 folds, and that's a matter of time, we'll get to see Fedor in the Octogon. But will he be too old by then? Who knows. I hope not. At this point in his career, I think Fedor would handle Lensor with ease but in three or four years perhaps not. Fedor's legacy is being hurt by this. I know he's made statements alluding to the fact that he doesn't care about his legacy and if that's true then it's a slap in the face to his fans.

After it was confirmed that M-1 lied to Mousasi about the UFC making him a contract offer, then I have to believe that Vadim is not an honest person. He only cares about M-1 and not about Fedor. The funny thing is that Fedor owns 20% of M-1, yet M-1's only source of income comes from Fedor, so if you think about it Fedor only owns 20% of himself. If M-1 didn't have Fedor they would be even less relevant that they are now.

Another thing, M-1 is always talking about expanding MMA, yet their next show was supposed to be in LA and the idiots didn't even have a license, so they had to move it to KC. Fedor will spar with Mousasi, I guess when M-1 said they want to give the fans the best caliber of fights, exhibitions matches is what they had in mind.

Finally, Fedor has 3 fights remaining with M-1, so after that he will officially be a FA. Will Fedor be stupid enough to go back to M-1? or will he finally do what most fans want him to do and sign with the UFC? by this time next year we should have an answer.
Wright2Reyes
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Inukchuk » Mon Aug 17, 2009 10:34 am

Just wondering, is there a place where you can find fight videos of not-so-hyped fighters? There are a few up and comers that I'd like to check out, specifically Jon 'Bones' Jones and Damien Maia. There's some stuff on youtube, but it's generally of pretty crappy quality.

I also want to see the St Pierre - Fitch fight in entirety. Is there a website that has these things? It seems you're at the mercy of Spike TV when it comes to which fights you get to see...
abrunn11... the place to go for all your sig needs...
Inukchuk
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
Location: Coming down on this hospital like the hammer of Thor

Postby Metroid » Mon Aug 17, 2009 11:47 am

Inukchuk wrote:Just wondering, is there a place where you can find fight videos of not-so-hyped fighters? There are a few up and comers that I'd like to check out, specifically Jon 'Bones' Jones and Damien Maia. There's some stuff on youtube, but it's generally of pretty crappy quality.

I also want to see the St Pierre - Fitch fight in entirety. Is there a website that has these things? It seems you're at the mercy of Spike TV when it comes to which fights you get to see...

If you go to UFC.com you can watch "unaired prelims" under the "UFC Vault" tab, not sure if you'll find any of the guys you're looking for there but it's a place to start. ;-D

And I think you can watch entire UFC cards on there somewhere but I can't find where...and I have to go now. :-B
Metroid
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFootball Mod
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Inukchuk » Tue Aug 18, 2009 11:30 am

Nice. Thanks! ;-D
Inukchuk
General Manager
General Manager

Postby rib217 » Thu Aug 20, 2009 4:47 pm

For those of you interested it looks like our classless lunatic Brock Lesner is lined up to fight Shane Carwin, probably the next biggest heavyweight currently in the UFC with killer power.

http://bumpyknuckle.com/2009/08/20/shan ... t-ufc-106/

Not sure if all this is confirmed but it seems to be a pretty popular rumor on a lot of sites right now.
rib217
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 8)

Postby urbanbreez » Fri Aug 21, 2009 11:21 am

rib217 wrote:For those of you interested it looks like our classless lunatic Brock Lesner is lined up to fight Shane Carwin, probably the next biggest heavyweight currently in the UFC with killer power.

Not sure if all this is confirmed but it seems to be a pretty popular rumor on a lot of sites right now.

Yes! :-L
urbanbreez
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Wright2Reyes » Fri Aug 21, 2009 11:58 am

Report: "UFC 103: Franklin vs. Belfort" preliminary card to air commercial-free live on Spike TV
With "UFC 103: Franklin vs. Belfort" set to air on pay per view in direct competition with a potential blockbuster boxing event between Floyd Mayweather and Juan Manuel Marquez, the UFC may be stepping up its counter-programming efforts.

According to a report from the Orange County Register, Spike TV will air a live broadcast of UFC 103's preliminary card in the two hours leading into the evening's pay-per-view slot.

"UFC 103: Franklin vs. Belfort," featuring a main event between fan favorites Vitor Belfort and Rich Franklin, takes place Sept. 19 at American Airlines Center in Dallas.

http://mmajunkie.com/news/15928/report- ... ike-tv.mma

That's great news, Dana has listen to the fans yet again.
Wright2Reyes
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby kimchi_chigae » Sun Aug 23, 2009 1:17 pm

rib217 wrote:For those of you interested it looks like our classless lunatic Brock Lesner is lined up to fight Shane Carwin, probably the next biggest heavyweight currently in the UFC with killer power.

Kinda early for Shane Carwin to be fighting Lesnar IMO. He's 11-0, but I don't think he looked that great against Gonzaga last time. He did show a good chin though. I will be pulling for Carwin, but I'm afraid this will be another quick win for Lesnar. I'd rather see Carwin fighting Velasquez.
Free WR!
kimchi_chigae Beginner
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 200)

Postby Inukchuk » Sun Aug 23, 2009 5:40 pm

kimchi_chigae wrote:Kinda early for Shane Carwin to be fighting Lesnar IMO. He's 11-0, but I don't think he looked that great against Gonzaga last time. He did show a good chin though. I will be pulling for Carwin, but I'm afraid this will be another quick win for Lesnar. I'd rather see Carwin fighting Velasquez.

Totally agree. I think Brock would mop the floor with Carwin right now...
Inukchuk
General Manager
General Manager

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk