UFC/PRIDE (Possible Spoilers) - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

UFC/PRIDE (Possible Spoilers)

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: UFC/PRIDE (Possible Spoilers)

Postby Metroid » Sat Jun 20, 2009 7:19 pm

kimchi_chigae wrote:Don't forget about the TUF finale tonight on Spike. ;-D

Oh sweet, thanks for the reminder. ;-D
Metroid
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFootball Mod
Home Cafe: Football

Postby kimchi_chigae » Sun Jun 21, 2009 12:03 am

Great fight between Diego and Guida. I was hoping Guida would steal the fight in the end, but I thought Sanchez clearly won it. Sanchez is still a weido. Yes! Yes! Yes! LOL. :-D
Free WR!
kimchi_chigae Beginner
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 608)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby urbanbreez » Sun Jun 21, 2009 12:23 am

That was a pretty good fight, lots of blood.

Can't wait to see Hendo Vs. Bisbing.

Henderson wrestled at my highschool and his father and brother coached my wrestling team. How cool is that? B-)
urbanbreez
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 2)

Postby Metroid » Sun Jun 21, 2009 3:03 am

Great set of fights all around. Diego/Guida fight was fantastic and the Lytle/Burns fight was awesome too. Sucks I dozed off during the Wilkes/Johnson fight and missed it. :-C

Anyway I wanted to root for Guido to come back because I love a good comeback but I just couldn't. Guido and his goofy hair annoy me and make me want to see him get knocked out....but if that kick to the face didn't knock him out I don't know what will. 8-o
Metroid
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFootball Mod

Postby Inukchuk » Mon Jun 22, 2009 1:25 am

Metroid wrote: if that kick to the face didn't knock him out I don't know what will. 8-o

I haven't been watching UFC for too long, but I have never seen someone take a shot like that and keep going. How can you not root for that maniac?
abrunn11... the place to go for all your sig needs...
Inukchuk
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 6)
Location: Coming down on this hospital like the hammer of Thor

Postby Metroid » Mon Jun 22, 2009 9:40 am

Inukchuk wrote:
Metroid wrote: if that kick to the face didn't knock him out I don't know what will. 8-o

I haven't been watching UFC for too long, but I have never seen someone take a shot like that and keep going. How can you not root for that maniac?

Metroid wrote:Guido and his goofy hair annoy me and make me want to see him get knocked out....

This. I don't know why it bugs me...I fully expect to see him in a club with his greasy long hair, collar popped with the top 3 buttons open, wearing a gold chain, and drinking Heinekins and Jager-bombs all night. :-b
Metroid
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFootball Mod

Postby Inukchuk » Mon Jun 22, 2009 4:08 pm

Metroid wrote:
Inukchuk wrote:

Metroid wrote:Guido and his goofy hair annoy me and make me want to see him get knocked out....

This. I don't know why it bugs me...I fully expect to see him in a club with his greasy long hair, collar popped with the top 3 buttons open, wearing a gold chain, and drinking Heinekins and Jager-bombs all night. :-b

What's wrong with that? I bet you don't like when people grunt when they get their swell on at the gym either... :-D

Seriously though, I see Guida as more of a little animal. I like his pace and intensity. To me, Sanchez is a bigger tool. When he 'spreads his wings' during Buffer's prefight intros, I want to smack the guy.

All in all, I did think Sanchez won the fight. His striking was vicious. I'd like to see him fight BJ Penn...
abrunn11... the place to go for all your sig needs...
Inukchuk
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 6)
Location: Coming down on this hospital like the hammer of Thor

Postby kimchi_chigae » Mon Jun 22, 2009 4:34 pm

I can't stand Diego Sanchez and that was the main reason why I wanted Guida to win. Guida is a pretty boring fighter though and I have no idea why he decided to exchange with Sanchez in the first round. His game is to do what he did in the second and third rounds, LnP.

Oh, and Guida is not a guy I would want to hang out with. :-D
Free WR!
kimchi_chigae Beginner
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 608)

Postby Mookie4ever » Tue Jun 23, 2009 3:40 pm

Good for Wilkes. He dominated Johnson and tried submission attempt after submission attempt and rocked him the brief part of the fight at the begining when they exchanged. Johnson may end having the better career but Wilkes fought a smarter fight and just dominated. I love seeing that smug guy lose but I hate seeing that loudmouth Bisbing winning.

In the other final I thought that Winner was better. Pearson lost the first two rounds imo and the fact that Winner gassed and stayed on the mat when the fight ended may have been the deciding factor. Good for Pearson but I don't see him having any success in the UFC.

Here is my wish list for upcoming fights:
Henderson to break Bisbing's jaw
GSP > Alves
Mir > Lesnar
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterHockey ModBasketball ModFootball ModMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 301)

Postby bigh0rt » Tue Jun 23, 2009 3:48 pm

Mookie4ever wrote:Good for Wilkes. He dominated Johnson and tried submission attempt after submission attempt and rocked him the brief part of the fight at the begining when they exchanged. Johnson may end having the better career but Wilkes fought a smarter fight and just dominated. I love seeing that smug guy lose but I hate seeing that loudmouth Bisbing winning.

In the other final I thought that Winner was better. Pearson lost the first two rounds imo and the fact that Winner gassed and stayed on the mat when the fight ended may have been the deciding factor. Good for Pearson but I don't see him having any success in the UFC.

Here is my wish list for upcoming fights:
Henderson to break Bisbing's jaw
GSP > Alves
Mir > Lesnar

Agree whole heartedly with GSP and Mir (though back in January there's no way I would have thought Mir could do what he's done recently), but I'm unsure of the Henderson/Bisbing fight -- I'm just pumped to see it.
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 814)

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk