UFC/PRIDE (Possible Spoilers) - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

UFC/PRIDE (Possible Spoilers)

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: UFC/PRIDE (Possible Spoilers)

Postby kimchi_chigae » Sat May 23, 2009 1:24 pm

Let's go Lyoto! ;-D
Free WR!
kimchi_chigae Beginner
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 194)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby bigh0rt » Sat May 23, 2009 7:43 pm

I don't think I've ever seen a champion be such an underdog before... do they not know what a beast Evans is?
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 322)

Postby kimchi_chigae » Sun May 24, 2009 12:35 am

bigh0rt wrote:I don't think I've ever seen a champion be such an underdog before... do they not know what a beast Evans is?

I was hoping for a Machida win, but I wasn't expecting THAT! Complete domination from Machida. He might be the champ for a while.
Free WR!
kimchi_chigae Beginner
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby bigh0rt » Sun May 24, 2009 10:09 am

kimchi_chigae wrote:
bigh0rt wrote:I don't think I've ever seen a champion be such an underdog before... do they not know what a beast Evans is?

I was hoping for a Machida win, but I wasn't expecting THAT! Complete domination from Machida. He might be the champ for a while.

Yeah, I stand corrected. 8-o Don't see Machida losing in the near future.
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby Wright2Reyes » Sun May 24, 2009 10:42 am

Machida unleashed the Dragon on Evans, pure domination.

Rampage is next and I see Machida winning that fight. Look out Fedor, GSP, AS, there's a new fighter in the discussion of best p4p in the world.
Wright2Reyes
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby kimchi_chigae » Mon May 25, 2009 4:35 pm

Jose Canseco fights Hong Man Choi this Tuesday morning (5am EST) in the Super Hulk Tournament at Dream 9. HDNet will broadcast the fights live. ;-D
Free WR!
kimchi_chigae Beginner
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Postby urbanbreez » Mon May 25, 2009 4:58 pm

wow...way off.
urbanbreez
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby bigh0rt » Mon May 25, 2009 10:58 pm

urbanbreez wrote:

wow...way off.

Evans has steamrolled every single opponent he's faced all the way back to when he was on The Ultimate Fighter. Machida had looked impressive, but he'd never faced anybody who was really threatening. Evans is still an absolute monster, but it was obvious from the line that Machida was the truth, which is why I didn't lay any money on a +200 underdog champion. Evans is still a freak, but Machida outmatched him in every single way, which I expect him to do several times defending his title in upcoming months.
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby chadlincoln » Tue May 26, 2009 7:34 pm

In case you missed the Machida fight:

http://www.mma-core.com/videos/_Lyoto_M ... 48&tid=100
7/26 - Cafe goes down:

General Error
SQL ERROR [ mysql4 ]
Table './cafe_forums/baseball_sessions' is marked as crashed and should be repaired [145]
An sql error occurred while fetching this page. Please contact an administrator if this problem persists.
chadlincoln
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter

Postby Metroid » Wed May 27, 2009 4:20 pm

I did miss the fight, thanks for posting that. ;-D

Man Machida is for real, he completely dominated from start to finish. I agree with h0rt though, Evans is still a monster, he just finally got matched up with a fighter that he didn't have an answer for. I could see Evans training hard and matching up better with Machida in the future. Evans has not lost a step or anything, Machida was just better prepared and the better fighter that night.

The thing I really enjoyed was the class showed by both fighters but more so by Evans after the fight. It would have been very easy for him to sulk and leave the ring early, like many fighters do after a loss. Especially it being his first loss. Very cool of him to stay, be humble, and talk about how he will be back....which I'm sure he will.
Metroid
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFootball Mod
Home Cafe: Football

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk