UFC/PRIDE (Possible Spoilers) - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

UFC/PRIDE (Possible Spoilers)

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: UFC/PRIDE (Possible Spoilers)

Postby Amazinz » Sun Apr 19, 2009 1:23 pm

Terribly disappointing card. :-/
Maine has a good swing for a pitcher but on anything that moves, he has no chance. And if it's a fastball, it has to be up in the zone. Basically, the pitcher has to hit his bat. - Mike Pelfrey
Amazinz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby AquaMan2342 » Sun Apr 19, 2009 3:49 pm

Amazinz wrote:Terribly disappointing card. :-/

Agreed. Anybody wonder why Silva is getting so much flack for his performance last night? It's hard to perform when your opponent is a complete lame duck. Leites will never see a title shot again, at least I hope not.
AquaMan2342
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter
Location: Searchin for my mainline....I couldn't hit it sideways

Postby Inukchuk » Mon Apr 20, 2009 11:22 am

AquaMan2342 wrote:

Agreed. Anybody wonder why Silva is getting so much flack for his performance last night? It's hard to perform when your opponent is a complete lame duck. Leites will never see a title shot again, at least I hope not.

I'm fairly new to the sport, and I was pretty jacked up to finally see Silva fight... %-6

Leites was pretty pathetic. I almost think he just wanted to make it throught the fight rather than actually go for the win.
abrunn11... the place to go for all your sig needs...
Inukchuk
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
Location: Coming down on this hospital like the hammer of Thor

Postby Mookie4ever » Mon Apr 20, 2009 11:48 am

Thankfully Chuck isn't going to embarrass himself like Tank did. Chuck won't fight in the UFC again

It was up to UFC president Dana White to handle the requiem.

"You're never going to see Chuck Liddell on the canvas again," he said. "It's never going to happen. It's done.

"Tonight was the end of an era. One of the greatest guys in the sport fought his last fight tonight."

White revealed he had tried to get the former light-heavyweight champion to retire after his last loss — a devastating knockout at the hands of Rashad Evans at UFC 88. But Liddell convinced his friend and former manager that he wanted to train for one last go-round.
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterHockey ModBasketball ModFootball ModMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 277)

Postby Wright2Reyes » Mon Apr 20, 2009 1:45 pm

AquaMan2342 wrote:

Becuase some fans think AS should KO anyone at anytime :-P

I thought it was a dissapointing card as well, but too boo him? that's just dumb, hard to fight someone when he falls down avery min or so.

As for Chuck, like I said, time has finaly caught up to him, but at least he won't go in the same footsteps as Tank, both Shamrocks etc. Rua look good a fight vs the winner of Forest/Silva or a fight with Cane would be very interesting...
Wright2Reyes
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby kimchi_chigae » Mon Apr 27, 2009 7:27 am

Finally got to watch some of the fights from UFC 97.

I thought Anderson fought very well, I mean, it wasn't much of a fight, but Silva had some wicked moves going there. It was very disappointing to see Leites on the ground every time Silva attempted to throw a punch. I think most people expect Silva to put on a show and knock somebody out in the first round every time out and the fans probably paid for the ticket expecting Silva to wow them, but I just hate when the crowd boos the fighters.

Shogun looked good and Kongo is still a monster. I'm watching the Kang fight next. :-)
Free WR!
kimchi_chigae Beginner
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 194)

Postby kimchi_chigae » Tue Apr 28, 2009 7:34 pm

Forrest Griffin vs. Anderson Silva at UFC 101. ;-D
Free WR!
kimchi_chigae Beginner
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Amazinz » Tue Apr 28, 2009 8:13 pm

kimchi_chigae wrote:Forrest Griffin vs. Anderson Silva at UFC 101. ;-D

Forrest by flying scissor heel hook. Book it. }:-)
Maine has a good swing for a pitcher but on anything that moves, he has no chance. And if it's a fastball, it has to be up in the zone. Basically, the pitcher has to hit his bat. - Mike Pelfrey
Amazinz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby kimchi_chigae » Wed Apr 29, 2009 2:34 am

Amazinz wrote:
kimchi_chigae wrote:Forrest Griffin vs. Anderson Silva at UFC 101. ;-D

Forrest by flying scissor heel hook. Book it. }:-)

Silva broke Patrick Cote's knee without even touching the guy. Imagine what he'll do to Griffin.
Free WR!
kimchi_chigae Beginner
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Postby Wright2Reyes » Wed Apr 29, 2009 1:39 pm

Keith Jardine vs Thiago Silva for UFC 102

The fight makes a lot of sense, and as soon as i read that Forest was fighting AS instead of Thiago, this match up was the first to come to mind. It also fits the pattern of Jardine being the gatekeeper of the LHW division...

Should be a war, Jardine has never lost 2 fights in a row, but I think Thiago puts a stop to that streak, as I don't see Jardine beating him.
Wright2Reyes
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk