UFC/PRIDE (Possible Spoilers) - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

UFC/PRIDE (Possible Spoilers)

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: UFC/PRIDE (Possible Spoilers)

Postby Wright2Reyes » Wed Mar 18, 2009 1:53 pm

Tough luck for Karo, but I didn't think he deserved the win anyways, so...

In other news, Forest Griffin will fight Thiago Silva in UFC 101. I like this match up a lot. Forest has the advantage in the stand up, but everything else goes to Thiago I think. Opie will have his hands full, as I see Thiago getting the win via GnP.
Wright2Reyes
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Metroid » Wed Mar 18, 2009 2:58 pm

bigken117 wrote:
Metroid wrote:
bigken117 wrote:wow, for painkillers? That seems harsh given the beating these guys give each other, it doesn't surprise me that someone is popping them without a script. Not like it's roids or coke...

Is that what it is? This might sound silly but I thought some fighters would take pain killers to gain an unfair advantage during a fight. No pain no tap? :-?

I dunno...when you're in a submission hold one of these guys is putting you in, ready to snap a limb or your neck off, I don't think a couple percs is going to make much of a difference, but maybe that's how they look at it. Just seems weird cause you think half the guys would have legal scripts considering the pounding they take and the injuries they suffer.

Totally. I'd hardly think they would help during a fight. Just wondering if that's the issue or if it's that he was using them period. :-?
Metroid
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFootball Mod
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Amazinz » Wed Mar 18, 2009 3:16 pm

I believe it is just that he was using them, which is why I think the fine is too high. CSAC stripped Diaz of his win over Gomi for Marijuana but if I remember correctly the monetary fine wasn't even close to this.
Maine has a good swing for a pitcher but on anything that moves, he has no chance. And if it's a fastball, it has to be up in the zone. Basically, the pitcher has to hit his bat. - Mike Pelfrey
Amazinz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Metroid » Wed Mar 18, 2009 3:43 pm

Amazinz wrote:I believe it is just that he was using them, which is why I think the fine is too high. CSAC stripped Diaz of his win over Gomi for Marijuana but if I remember correctly the monetary fine wasn't even close to this.

Man that's harsh. I can understand if it's to gain an unfair advantage but for smoking weed? Or pain killers on your own time? :-t

I guess rules are rules. :-?
Metroid
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFootball Mod

Postby Amazinz » Thu Mar 19, 2009 12:47 pm

It looks like Mayweather's fight, Affliction's last event, and UFC 100 are all being scheduled on the same night. :-t
Maine has a good swing for a pitcher but on anything that moves, he has no chance. And if it's a fastball, it has to be up in the zone. Basically, the pitcher has to hit his bat. - Mike Pelfrey
Amazinz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Metroid » Thu Mar 19, 2009 12:56 pm

Amazinz wrote:It looks like Mayweather's fight, Affliction's last event, and UFC 100 are all being scheduled on the same night. :-t

The decision wont be tough for me on which to watch.

Boxing is lame now, UFC FTW
Metroid
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFootball Mod

Postby Amazinz » Thu Mar 19, 2009 1:10 pm

Yeah Boxing is in disarray and I'm hardly the fan I once was but I do still enjoy watching Mayweather.
Amazinz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Postby Metroid » Thu Mar 19, 2009 1:15 pm

Amazinz wrote:Yeah Boxing is in disarray and I'm hardly the fan I once was but I do still enjoy watching Mayweather.

If it wasn't on the same night as UFC I would watch too, but if it's one or the other it's not even a choice.
Metroid
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFootball Mod

Postby Amazinz » Sat Mar 21, 2009 9:26 pm

GSP signed with Gatorade for those 'G' commercials. Only in Canada. For now. This would be yawn-inducing news for most athletes but it's pretty cool that an MMA athlete is getting this kind of exposure. B-)
Amazinz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Postby Amazinz » Mon Mar 23, 2009 1:51 pm

Once in the day, [Lyoto Machida] and his family drink their own urine. “My father does that for a long time and bring it to us. People think it’s a joke (laughs). I never said it in the United States because I don’t know how the fans will react (laughs). I drink my urine every morning like a natural medicine."

http://www.tatame.com/2009/03/22/Lyoto- ... -at-TATAME
Amazinz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk