UFC/PRIDE (Possible Spoilers) - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

UFC/PRIDE (Possible Spoilers)

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: UFC/PRIDE (Possible Spoilers)

Postby Wright2Reyes » Mon Feb 23, 2009 1:57 pm

Sanchez/Stevenson was good. I think Diego was feeling the effects of the weight cut and that's why he couldn't finish him. A Sherk/Sanchez fight would be a good test for him, if Diego beats him, he should get a shot at the title, if not, maybe a fight vs Lauzon or Guida.

What else can be said about Maia. His jits is so smooth, he makes it look so simple, makes you wonder why other guys can't do the same lol. He is ready for AS, but from what i read, the winner of Bisping/Hendo will get a shot first. So maybe the winner of Marqurdt/Maia gets a shot at the title.

I was disappointed by Gouveia, i got caught up in the hype of some of the articles I read leading into his fight with Marquartd. I thought he would do much better, but Marquradt was better. Having said that, I don't see him beating AS if he gets a shot...

Koscheck was out, I know some are saying it was early stoppage, but Paulo landed to 2 solid punches, if the ref had not stopped it, Paulo easily mounts him and continues to punish him.

Dos Santos is a beast, it wasn't really a fair fight. The other dude was what 21? he was out of his league. Dos Santos vs Velasquez would be fun to watch.
Wright2Reyes
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Wright2Reyes » Mon Feb 23, 2009 1:57 pm

Couture vs "you know who" at UFC 100?

Rumour has it the UFC could be about to sign WAMMA champion, Fedor Emelianenko to a one fight contract to face former UFC heavyweight champion and UFC “Hall of Famer” Randy Couture at UFC 100 on July 11th in Las Vegas, Nevada.

The snippet of information comes from both Kevin Iole and Steve Cofield of Yahoo! Sports, two of the most in the know MMA writers in the game. Both men, who are close to Couture, agreed that he doesn’t want o be a part of UFC 99, nor is he keen to face returning Croatian, Mirko Crocop.

Iole then revealed that St. Pierre vs Alves is unlikely to be the main event for the 100 show and knows, after talking with UFC President, Dana White, they are working on it being the biggest fight card in history.

Both men went on to say that Couture has been approached about his next opponent and said that it’s a big one. Iole then commented: “Is it possible that Randy could be fighting 'you know who' at UFC 100?” He then clarified that "you know who" is the Russian.

The pair went onto discuss and I would agree that fighting Couture now wouldn’t be a big deal for the UFC as things stand. He is no longer the promotions champion and if Fedor was to win, the UFC could brush it off as he didn’t beat their top guy. If Couture was to win however, the UFC would say they have been right all along.

Now, Iole said several times that he’s just speculating & no one's told him this, but he’s more tapped into the UFC than any MMA writer, that’s why he gets hated on so much. If he’s mentioning this, then it’s at least being discussed.

http://www.mmabay.co.uk/Story%2000651.html

Too good to be true? I could see a one fight deal, but once Fedor fights in the UFC, he should just stay for good.
Wright2Reyes
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Amazinz » Mon Feb 23, 2009 2:14 pm

Not getting my hopes up. I'm tired of being dissapointed but it would be great. Although at this point I'd almost want to see Lesnar more.
Maine has a good swing for a pitcher but on anything that moves, he has no chance. And if it's a fastball, it has to be up in the zone. Basically, the pitcher has to hit his bat. - Mike Pelfrey
Amazinz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby cordscords » Mon Feb 23, 2009 4:43 pm

Mookie4ever wrote:
cordscords wrote:I think we have an early contender for worst stoppage of the year. Kos took some big punches, but sat right back up and only laid back down to throw up his legs as Thiago made his way over. BS stoppage.

That's crazy. Kos was out. The other guy stopped b/c it was so obvious. If he had pounced Josh could have suffered some real damage. The ref saved him.

Kos "knocked out":

Notice his eyes, which are looking at his opponent, and notice his legs and arms, both of which are being moved into a defensive position.

Awful, awful, awful stoppage.
cordscords
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 20)

Postby kimchi_chigae » Mon Feb 23, 2009 11:34 pm

Amazinz wrote:Not getting my hopes up. I'm tired of being dissapointed but it would be great. Although at this point I'd almost want to see Lesnar more.

Fedor vs. Lesnar. ;-D ;-D ;-D
Fedor vs. Couture. :-)
Lesnar vs. Junior Dos Santos. }:-) }:-) }:-)
Free WR!
kimchi_chigae Beginner
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 200)

Postby Amazinz » Thu Feb 26, 2009 4:41 pm

Couture vs. Nog at UFC 101 in August. That should be pretty entertaining. Probably puts the Fedor rumor to rest, for awhile at least.
Maine has a good swing for a pitcher but on anything that moves, he has no chance. And if it's a fastball, it has to be up in the zone. Basically, the pitcher has to hit his bat. - Mike Pelfrey
Amazinz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby kimchi_chigae » Thu Feb 26, 2009 5:04 pm

Amazinz wrote:Couture vs. Nog at UFC 101 in August. That should be pretty entertaining. Probably puts the Fedor rumor to rest, for awhile at least.

I think this is probably a better fight than Fedor vs. Couture. ;-D
Free WR!
kimchi_chigae Beginner
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 200)

Postby Mookie4ever » Thu Feb 26, 2009 6:35 pm

Amazinz wrote:Couture vs. Nog at UFC 101 in August. That should be pretty entertaining. Probably puts the Fedor rumor to rest, for awhile at least.

ughh.
who even wants to see the heavyweights anymore?
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterHockey ModBasketball ModFootball ModMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 280)

Postby cordscords » Thu Feb 26, 2009 6:48 pm

Couture vs Nog is gonna be sick.

In regards to Fedor my guess is Affliction folds after it's 3rd show and Fedor comes into fight Couture or Lesnar in December.
cordscords
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 20)

Postby Amazinz » Thu Feb 26, 2009 6:54 pm

Mookie4ever wrote:who even wants to see the heavyweights anymore?

Your little man complex is spinning out of control! :-o
Amazinz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk