UFC/PRIDE (Possible Spoilers) - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

UFC/PRIDE (Possible Spoilers)

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: UFC/PRIDE (Possible Spoilers)

Postby Mookie4ever » Mon Jan 26, 2009 10:57 am

I'm not that interested in Fedor or any of the heavyweights for that matter. I'll watch the good ones of course but in general I am a much bigger fan of the smaller fighters.

The most exciting matches are the smaller guys. Griffin and Edgar or Guida/Huerta were much more exciting than any Heath Herring or Lesnar fight. I'm looking forward to seeing Penn/Florian after Penn loses to GSP. I want to see the UFC put in a flyweight cat and get Urijah Faber more than I want to see them get Fedor (even though Faber finally lost).
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterHockey ModBasketball ModFootball ModMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 277)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Amazinz » Mon Jan 26, 2009 11:03 am

I agree about the smaller fights in general. And I smell a sig bet because I think BJ Penn takes this one. I am banking on Penn being truthful about his training. A fully dedicated Penn is the best P4P fighter in this joker's book. }:-)
Maine has a good swing for a pitcher but on anything that moves, he has no chance. And if it's a fastball, it has to be up in the zone. Basically, the pitcher has to hit his bat. - Mike Pelfrey
Amazinz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Mookie4ever » Mon Jan 26, 2009 11:33 am

Amazinz wrote:I agree about the smaller fights in general. And I smell a sig bet because I think BJ Penn takes this one. I am banking on Penn being truthful about his training. A fully dedicated Penn is the best P4P fighter in this joker's book. }:-)

Even if he is the best pound for pound fighter (I'm so tired of that cliche) he's going to be fighting a guy with more pounds :-b

BJ is great but he will always be a little lazy and doughy. Too much natural ability and not enough drive. The only hope he has is if GSP has gotten complacent, but this doesn't seem to be the case.

I never get tired of seeing you in a GSP sig. You're on if you want it.
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterHockey ModBasketball ModFootball ModMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Amazinz » Mon Jan 26, 2009 11:37 am

Mookie4ever wrote:I'm so tired of that cliche.

Oh it's on. It's on like Donkey Kong. Now I just have to talk KC into making the sig. Hopefully he can take time away from harassing UPS workers.
Maine has a good swing for a pitcher but on anything that moves, he has no chance. And if it's a fastball, it has to be up in the zone. Basically, the pitcher has to hit his bat. - Mike Pelfrey
Amazinz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Mookie4ever » Mon Jan 26, 2009 11:50 am

Amazinz wrote:
Mookie4ever wrote:I'm so tired of that cliche.

Oh it's on. It's on like Donkey Kong. Now I just have to talk KC into making the sig. Hopefully he can take time away from harassing UPS workers.

Was that a King of Kong reference? Wow. If so you are Steve Wiebe and I'm Billy :-]

btw - we've had countless GSP sigs made for you. Take your pick. Although maybe I'll make you wear an Islanders sig. Much more embarassing.
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

Postby bigh0rt » Mon Jan 26, 2009 12:14 pm

I hate to break it to you Mook, but BJ Penn is going to win this fight.
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 349)

Postby Amazinz » Mon Jan 26, 2009 12:53 pm

I was thinking of those retarded Peyton & Eli Oreo commercials... !+)
Amazinz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Postby Mookie4ever » Mon Jan 26, 2009 1:29 pm

Amazinz wrote:I was thinking of those retarded Peyton & Eli Oreo commercials... !+)

Oh. For a moment I thought that you were cool. O:-)

The King of Kong, a fistful of quarters - was an interesting movie.

bigh0rt wrote:I hate to break it to you Mook, but BJ Penn is going to win this fight.

It's possible but I don't think so. BJ has lost to him before, he's a smaller man, and GSP is Canadian. All the signs point to GSP pounding out a 3rd round win as BJ is sucking wind. The books have GSP as a -200 favourite.
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

Postby Amazinz » Mon Jan 26, 2009 1:46 pm

Yeah I watched the documentary on G4TV. It was fascinating. I looked it up and to my surprise It's On Like Donkey Kong was coined by Ice Cube in a rap song. Things that make you say hmm. I would have said Stifler in American Pie. :-b
Amazinz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Postby AquaMan2342 » Mon Jan 26, 2009 10:18 pm

bigh0rt wrote:I hate to break it to you Mook, but BJ Penn is going to win this fight.

Yeah right. GSP is going to smoke him.
AquaMan2342
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter
Location: Searchin for my mainline....I couldn't hit it sideways

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk