UFC/PRIDE (Possible Spoilers) - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

UFC/PRIDE (Possible Spoilers)

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: UFC/PRIDE (Possible Spoilers)

Postby jlm53089 » Sun Dec 28, 2008 1:46 am

Amazinz wrote:What the heck does QFE stand for? (I got the QF part, I think.)

Anyway, huge card tonight. Hope it lives up to hype. :-B

I think QFE is..

Quote forever. but who knows people are crazy.
jlm53089
General Manager
General Manager

Pick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 4)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby bigken117 » Sun Dec 28, 2008 1:59 am

That was a fantastic card tonight.

Mir is going to tool all over Lesnar next time out....he could have outboxed Klitschko the way he was mixing his punches.
I was impressed with Evans, I thought he got lucky versus Liddel, but he straight pounded Griffin...
Liddell didn't look too happy when Rampage ko'd Silva. That was beastly. Silva was out before he hit the canvas.

Great card all around ;-D

Jacoby Ellsbury - Sponsored by the Fantasy Baseball Cafe!

Play Pick 3!

Follow the Cafe on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook
bigken117
Bouncer
Bouncer

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 254)

Postby jfg » Sun Dec 28, 2008 3:13 am

QFE is Quote For Emphasis.

Bookmark Urban Dictionary and anything goofy that comes up on forums will be answered.
jfg
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicGolden Eagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
(Past Year: 169)

Postby Wright2Reyes » Sun Dec 28, 2008 1:00 pm

Evans showed he is the real deal, Forest seemed like he had the same strategy that he had vs 'Rage, trying to kick his way to a unanimous decision, but Evans was prepared. Just like in the Liddell fight he was laying low, taking some shots and once Forest made a mistake, he took advantage and finished him. Not many like him, but he is good, not many gave him a chance vs Liddell and he KO, even less thought he would beat Forest and he did it. Rampage/Evans next?

Hate to say it, but Mir looked impressive. I thought Nog would wear him out, but his striking was not up to par with Mir's. It was sad seeing Nog cry at the end of the fight, you could tell that this fight meant a lot to him. He has taken some brutal hits in the past, maybe it has finally catch up to him. Don't know where he goes from here, maybe a fight vs Couture? Mir/Lesnar next, will Mir tap him out again, or will Lesnar pucnch him into submission? one thing is for sure, Mazzagatti will not be the ref lol

Looks like Rampage is back. Wandy on the other hand looked old, once he tried to go crazy, Rampage took advantage and KO him out. Rampage sent a message with those 3 extra hits after the KO, revenge sure is sweet.

CB Dolloway did good, but he still needs more polishing, he almost got caught with a guillotine, but after that he was able to over power him.

Kongo is making a good case for himself, very dominant performance. Would be cool to see him fight Gonzaga, but he is fighting in March, so maybe someone like Hardonk.

Hamill's boxing look good and Okami wins again, will he ever get his shot at Silva?

All in all a good card.
Wright2Reyes
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Amazinz » Sat Jan 24, 2009 5:46 pm

Fedor v Arlovski tonight... I don't usually buy non-UFC events since PRIDE ended but I have to see this one. I know it'll probably end under 30 seconds and then I'll be regretting spending the money lol. :-b
Maine has a good swing for a pitcher but on anything that moves, he has no chance. And if it's a fastball, it has to be up in the zone. Basically, the pitcher has to hit his bat. - Mike Pelfrey
Amazinz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby bigken117 » Sun Jan 25, 2009 2:57 pm

Fedor's unstoppable.

He only got $300K for the fight with no win bonus and Arlovski got $1.5M and would have gotten another $250K if he won. Insane. Why he doesn't take UFC's money and tool on Lesnar is beyond me.

Jacoby Ellsbury - Sponsored by the Fantasy Baseball Cafe!

Play Pick 3!

Follow the Cafe on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook
bigken117
Bouncer
Bouncer

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 254)

Postby Amazinz » Sun Jan 25, 2009 5:05 pm

Fedor didn't really make $300K. I think that was the purse listed when he fought Sylvia as well. But Fedor actually got paid for his contract up-front and only a small amount goes into the purses plus he gets a cut from M-1 and he gets total ownership of the video rights, which means a lot of royalties.

Best moment of the night was Belfort cold-cocking Lindland. Made the whole event worth price. :-D
Maine has a good swing for a pitcher but on anything that moves, he has no chance. And if it's a fastball, it has to be up in the zone. Basically, the pitcher has to hit his bat. - Mike Pelfrey
Amazinz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Wright2Reyes » Sun Jan 25, 2009 10:54 pm

What the hell was AA thinking? He was controlling the fight and was winning the round. Every time I read an article about his upcoming fight, he talked about his boxing skills and how Fedor wasn't that good when he was being attacked. I didn't think he would actually be able to do that in the fight, but he was, right until he got too cocky, tried to be fancy and went for that flying knee. He deserved to get KTFO, there was no need to take a risk like that against a fighter like Fedor. I bet Tym Sylvia was happy though, he no longer has to watch his fight against Fedor promoting Affliction, or for that matter how great Fedor is.

But enough about the loser, Fedor keeps proving he is the best HW, if not the best pound for pound fighter in the world. I don't know how Dana White will spin his win, I'm sure he'll find a way, but there is no denying on his greatness anymore, I mean how could you?. He took out 2 former UFC champs in the first round.

I know Fedor hasn't join the UFC because he wants to continue fighting in Sambo tournaments, something Dana won't allow, but he recently lost, so now is as good a chance as any for Dana to sweeten the pot. FEDOR NEEDS TO BE WITH THE UFC.

As for the other fights:

Barnett didn't impress me much, yeah he dominated Yvel, but he should have finish him in the first, he had full mount for most of the fight and it took him forever to finish him. He is next in line to challenge Fedor, but I don't see him beating him.

Sokoudjou was a disappointment again, he needs to work on his BJJ if he wants to be a top contender. He has powerful kicks, but after that, nothing. He should have beaten Babalou, I thought he won round 1, but once the fight went to the ground in the 2nd, he was over match.

Lindland got his *** handed to him, Belfort was impressive, but I don't think he beats AS, I don't think he is there yet, but that's irrelevant since he needs to go back to the UFC first.
Wright2Reyes
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Wright2Reyes » Sun Jan 25, 2009 10:55 pm

Pay-outs from PPV

MAIN EVENT FIGHTERS

– Fedor Emelianenko $300,000 (no win bonus) def. Andre Arlovski $1,500,000 (win bonus would have been $250,000)

MAIN CARD FIGHTERS

– Josh Barnett $500,000 (no win bonus) def. Gilbert Yvel $30,000 (win bonus would have been $9,300)

– Vitor Belfort $200,000 (includes $80,000 win bonus) def. Matt Lindland $225,000 (win bonus would have been $75,000)

– Renato “Babalu” Sobral $90,000 (includes $30,000 win bonus) def. Rameau Thierry Sokoudjou $50,000 (win bonus would have been $50,000)

– Paul Buentello $90,000 (includes $20,000 win bonus) def. Kiril Sidelnikov $10,000 (win bonus would have been $25,000)

– Dan Lauzon $12,000 (no win bonus) def. Bobby Green $4,000 (win bonus would have been $4,000)

– Jay Hieron $45,000 (includes $25,000 win bonus) def. Jason High $10,000 (win bonus would have been $5,000)

PRELIMINARY CARD FIGHTERS

– Antonio Rogerio Nogueira $150,000 (includes $30,000 win bonus) def. Vladimir Matyushenko $50,000 (win bonus would have been $30,000)

– L.C. Davis $14,000 (includes $7,000 win bonus) def. Bao Quach $7,000 (win bonus would have been $6,000)

– Albert Rios $6,000 (includes $3,000 win bonus) def. Antonio Duarte $3,000 (win bonus would have been $2,000)

– Brett Cooper $10,000 (includes $5,000 win bonus) def. Patrick Speight $2,000 (win bonus would have been $3,000)

AFFLICTION “DAY OF RECKONING” DISCLOSED FIGHTER PAYROLL: $3,308,000

I don't know how Affliction plans to stay in business when an under card fighter in Antonio Rogerio Nogueira is getting $150K.

AA getting $1.5M for 3 min of fighting is pretty cool and you have to assume that Fedor is obviously getting some chunk of the ppv sales, cause $300k is not enough.
Wright2Reyes
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Amazinz » Mon Jan 26, 2009 10:39 am

Wright2Reyes wrote:I don't know how Affliction plans to stay in business when an under card fighter in Antonio Rogerio Nogueira is getting $150K.

I think this is a special case. The undercard was aired on HDNet as a lead-in to the PPV so they put one of the big fights on it as 'main event'. I think they chose Lil Nog because of all the attention Big Nog has been getting in the U.S.

Barnett: Barnett didn't look impressive but he has a history of rising (or falling) to the occasion. I've been looking forward to this fight for a long time. I wouldn't bet against Fedor but I think Barnett presents some interesting challenges to Fedor.

Sokoudjou: He's a bum :-D who looks the part more than he plays it. Babalu is one of the best LHW in the world. I was actually surprised the fight last as long as it did.
Amazinz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk