UFC/PRIDE (Possible Spoilers) - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

UFC/PRIDE (Possible Spoilers)

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: UFC/PRIDE (Possible Spoilers)

Postby Amazinz » Sat Jul 19, 2008 8:54 pm

Wow. Affliction looks shoddy so far. Jay Glazer is awful. :~(
Maine has a good swing for a pitcher but on anything that moves, he has no chance. And if it's a fastball, it has to be up in the zone. Basically, the pitcher has to hit his bat. - Mike Pelfrey
Amazinz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby bigh0rt » Sun Jul 20, 2008 12:18 am

That Vera fight was one of the biggest bore-fests ever. The drop to 205 really sapped him. They should've just called that thing a draw, it was painful to watch.

I think Anderson Silva could go beat St. Pierre tomorrow. I think he could beat Forrest Griffin or Rampage Jackson tomorrow. He is a bad, bad man. Nobody wants to fight this guy, and with good reason.
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 375)

Postby Amazinz » Sun Jul 20, 2008 9:14 am

Crapped the bed with my picks this month. I feel like Johnson got screwed on that whole eye poke fiasco. As for Fedor, wow. :-D
Maine has a good swing for a pitcher but on anything that moves, he has no chance. And if it's a fastball, it has to be up in the zone. Basically, the pitcher has to hit his bat. - Mike Pelfrey
Amazinz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby KCollins1304 » Sun Jul 20, 2008 3:29 pm

I hit on my 5-way parlay. ;-D
KCollins1304
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Amazinz » Sun Jul 20, 2008 3:45 pm

KCollins1304 wrote:I hit on my 5-way parlay. ;-D

Congrats. How much did you win?
Amazinz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Postby KCollins1304 » Sun Jul 20, 2008 4:05 pm

I bet .26 and won .38 on Centsports.

I had:
Lindland
Vera
Credeur
Silva
Velasquez
KCollins1304
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Mookie4ever » Tue Jul 22, 2008 2:01 pm

Finally got a chance to watch it. Silva put on a clinic. A very short clinic but he was awesome. Vera was terrible. The best fight on the card was Markham - the best thing about it was his reaction to the KO. He just looked down and calmly walked away.
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterHockey ModBasketball ModFootball ModMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 282)

Postby urbanbreez » Tue Jul 22, 2008 2:36 pm

Pride > UFC

Fedor is about as impressive a fighter I've ever seen.

When it comes to pound-for-pound rankings only the UFC media machine (or a blind fool) will say Silva is undisputed P4P champ.
urbanbreez
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Mookie4ever » Tue Jul 22, 2008 2:49 pm

urbanbreez wrote:When it comes to pound-for-pound rankings only the UFC media machine (or a blind fool) will say Silva is undisputed P4P champ.

Why is that? Pound for pound champ is a ridiculous concept to begin with because it cannot be tested. Fedor, Silva and GSP are all top competitors but are different weights. It's a shame that they cannot fight each other in a fair fight. To say one is pound for pound better than the other is almost as ridiculous as you saying that only a blind fool would say that Silva is a better fighter than Fedor.

As it stands the heavyweight category is very thin. I do not know who is close to Fedor right now. Werdum? Minotoro? Silva on the other hand has beaten lots of top talent and has been tested a lot more than Fedor.
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterHockey ModBasketball ModFootball ModMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 282)

Postby Amazinz » Tue Jul 22, 2008 2:49 pm

Pride is dead. Who cares? Fedor is pretty awesome though.
Amazinz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk