UFC/PRIDE (Possible Spoilers) - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

UFC/PRIDE (Possible Spoilers)

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: UFC/PRIDE (Possible Spoilers)

Postby Phatferd » Thu Jun 19, 2008 8:48 pm

Who needs 100+ million a year? I bet he never slept. I would give it up after a year and retire.
You have no frame of reference, Donny. You're like a child who walks into the middle of a movie...
Phatferd
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Amazinz » Thu Jun 19, 2008 9:00 pm

Yeah I would too that's probably why we don't make $100M/year. :-b
Maine has a good swing for a pitcher but on anything that moves, he has no chance. And if it's a fastball, it has to be up in the zone. Basically, the pitcher has to hit his bat. - Mike Pelfrey
Amazinz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Amazinz » Mon Jun 23, 2008 11:58 am

The Burkman vs Hazelett bout is free to watch on UFC.com. ;-D

It is a shame that this fight didn't make it onto the broadcast. I won't spoil in case you don't know but I heard the result prior to watching it. It is definitely a must see.
Maine has a good swing for a pitcher but on anything that moves, he has no chance. And if it's a fastball, it has to be up in the zone. Basically, the pitcher has to hit his bat. - Mike Pelfrey
Amazinz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Phatferd » Mon Jun 23, 2008 12:20 pm

Amazinz wrote:The Burkman vs Hazelett bout is free to watch on UFC.com. ;-D

It is a shame that this fight didn't make it onto the broadcast. I won't spoil in case you don't know but I heard the result prior to watching it. It is definitely a must see.

They're charging $2 to watch the fight. I watched TUF finale last night and I was actually not that impressed. I found a lot of the fights to be kind of boring, and I wasn't alone. I watched it with about 5 friends and we all thought it was a little lackluster.
You have no frame of reference, Donny. You're like a child who walks into the middle of a movie...
Phatferd
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Mookie4ever » Mon Jun 23, 2008 1:22 pm

CB was very disappointing and Amir was better than expected. Can't wait to see him fight some vets. Sanchez looks like he's back. TUF looks horrible for next year. Mir I can see but Nogueira? %-6

I'm stoked to see Silva move up to fight Irvin. If he wins that then we can see Silva/Machida or Silva/Liddel before he fights Rampage or Griffin. WooHoo!
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterHockey ModBasketball ModFootball ModMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 280)

Postby Phatferd » Mon Jun 23, 2008 2:11 pm

What are the possibilities of Faber moving up in weight after a couple/few more fights? He has a small frame, so I don't know if he really can, but I would love to see him fight BJ Penn at 155lbs.
Phatferd
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Amazinz » Mon Jun 23, 2008 3:15 pm

Absolutely agree that the card was lackluster overall but the finish to the Hazelett fight is AMAZING. One of the greatest finishes in the history of MMA easily.

The fight was free yesterday and I when I posted it. Guess it changed by the time you got to it. Watch it here: http://www.mmatko.com/dustin-hazelett-v ... uf-finale/
Amazinz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Postby Amazinz » Mon Jun 23, 2008 3:18 pm

Phatferd wrote:What are the possibilities of Faber moving up in weight after a couple/few more fights? He has a small frame, so I don't know if he really can, but I would love to see him fight BJ Penn at 155lbs.

I think there is a good chance it happens eventually. There is only so much talent at flyweight and Faber has the qualities to be a face man as well as a champ. The move to LW in the UFC would be tough because most of the LWs cut so much weight but I definitely expect it to happen eventually unless there is a talent infusion at FW.
Amazinz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Postby Amazinz » Mon Jun 23, 2008 3:22 pm

Mookie4ever wrote:CB was very disappointing and Amir was better than expected. Can't wait to see him fight some vets. Sanchez looks like he's back. TUF looks horrible for next year. Mir I can see but Nogueira? %-6

I'm stoked to see Silva move up to fight Irvin. If he wins that then we can see Silva/Machida or Silva/Liddel before he fights Rampage or Griffin. WooHoo!

What??? You're not stoked to see Big Nog on TUF? For starters, KC might kick your ass or at least arm bar you. Secondly, he is an icon of the sport. I am excited about it.
Amazinz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Postby Mookie4ever » Mon Jun 23, 2008 3:37 pm

Amazinz wrote:Absolutely agree that the card was lackluster overall but the finish to the Hazelett fight is AMAZING. One of the greatest finishes in the history of MMA easily.

The fight was free yesterday and I when I posted it. Guess it changed by the time you got to it. Watch it here: http://www.mmatko.com/dustin-hazelett-v ... uf-finale/

Very nice finish. In the first round he tried 3 different submissions in 30 seconds.

Amazinz wrote:
Mookie4ever wrote:CB was very disappointing and Amir was better than expected. Can't wait to see him fight some vets. Sanchez looks like he's back. TUF looks horrible for next year. Mir I can see but Nogueira? %-6

What??? You're not stoked to see Big Nog on TUF? For starters, KC might kick your ass or at least arm bar you. Secondly, he is an icon of the sport. I am excited about it.

He has the personality of a rock. A boring rock. And his english is a poor as KC's :-B
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterHockey ModBasketball ModFootball ModMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 280)

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk