UFC/PRIDE (Possible Spoilers) - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

UFC/PRIDE (Possible Spoilers)

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: UFC/PRIDE (Possible Spoilers)

Postby Amazinz » Thu Jan 10, 2008 3:19 pm

Just ignore me. I don't care. The sig was Canadian-made.
Maine has a good swing for a pitcher but on anything that moves, he has no chance. And if it's a fastball, it has to be up in the zone. Basically, the pitcher has to hit his bat. - Mike Pelfrey
Amazinz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Amazinz » Thu Jan 10, 2008 3:22 pm

cordscords wrote:Machida vs Tito confirmed for a summer fight.

Very nice. Where did you see that it's confirmed? I can't find it. Last I heard it hinged on Tito renewing his contract and I can't find anything about that either.
Maine has a good swing for a pitcher but on anything that moves, he has no chance. And if it's a fastball, it has to be up in the zone. Basically, the pitcher has to hit his bat. - Mike Pelfrey
Amazinz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Mookie4ever » Thu Jan 17, 2008 2:47 pm

I just saw UFC 75 on Spike. Cro Cop was terrible. There was about a 2 minute stretch when he didn't throw a punch or do anything but back up. He should have been booed out of the arena. The worst thing about it is that it did not seem as if he cared. Boo Cro Cop.

And Matt Hamill was robbed. Bisping was terrible and did not deserve the win.

Marcus Davis saved the night.
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterHockey ModBasketball ModFootball ModMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 301)

Postby Amazinz » Thu Jan 17, 2008 4:16 pm

How do you mention 75 and not the Rampage/Hendo fight? Thought that was great. :-D

Cro Cop broke a rib in the first round. Not trying to make an excuse from him but it does explain why the fight plays out the way it does. I'm still holding out hope the "real" Cro Cop shows up in his next bout.

I'm with you on that Hamill/Bisping fight. There's no way to defend that decision. Originally I thought it was shady and that UK judges were playing favorites. However, found out after the fact those were not UK judges.
Amazinz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Postby Mookie4ever » Thu Jan 17, 2008 4:59 pm

Amazinz wrote:How do you mention 75 and not the Rampage/Hendo fight? Thought that was great. :-D

Cro Cop broke a rib in the first round. Not trying to make an excuse from him but it does explain why the fight plays out the way it does. I'm still holding out hope the "real" Cro Cop shows up in his next bout.

I'm with you on that Hamill/Bisping fight. There's no way to defend that decision. Originally I thought it was shady and that UK judges were playing favorites. However, found out after the fact those were not UK judges.

The Rampage fight was not great. Henderson got gassed way too early and his strategy was to get a takedown and just hold him down. I was disappointed in Henderson's conditioning. He should have won that fight.
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterHockey ModBasketball ModFootball ModMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Amazinz » Thu Jan 17, 2008 5:25 pm

Wow. Guess it's just a matter of taste then. I thought technically it was one of the best fights of the year. Hendo did gas but I'm fairly certain it was Rampage's size and strength, not a lack of conditioning. Definitely looking forward to Hendo at MW.
Amazinz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Postby Mookie4ever » Thu Jan 17, 2008 5:47 pm

Amazinz wrote:Wow. Guess it's just a matter of taste then. I thought technically it was one of the best fights of the year. Hendo did gas but I'm fairly certain it was Rampage's size and strength, not a lack of conditioning. Definitely looking forward to Hendo at MW.

OK I'm not the undisputed light heavyweight champion. How about undisputed middleweight champ? :-b

He's 20 pounds heavier than Silva. Dropping 20 pounds can't be healthy but it will be a good fight. Silva is explosive.

I don't know what you liked about the Rampage fight. No great shots landed, no real submissions attempted, the grappling was technical but nobody was ever in any real danger on the ground, they mostly rested when down. The best damage was done with Henderson's uppercuts when he had him in a headlock and you really couldn't see the shots landing. It's like watching two great football teams play a 6-3 game - great defensive struggle. :-D
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

Postby Amazinz » Thu Jan 17, 2008 6:41 pm

I don't really know a lot about cutting weight and when it's healthy or not but he just looks like a MW to me. He was LW in Japan but due to the weight cutting prevalent in North America he was lot bigger there than here.
Amazinz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Postby kimchi_chigae » Tue Jan 22, 2008 5:28 pm

I know why Hong Man Choi lost to Fedor Emelianenko on New Year's Eve.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UbVloGidSAo

Who needs to fight when you can dance?
Free WR!
kimchi_chigae Beginner
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 608)

Postby Amazinz » Tue Jan 22, 2008 6:28 pm

Lol. Really a shame if Fedor's career winds down with him fighting one can after another. No offense to Choi who is obviously the man. :-D
Amazinz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk