UFC/PRIDE (Possible Spoilers) - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

UFC/PRIDE (Possible Spoilers)

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: UFC/PRIDE (Possible Spoilers)

Postby Amazinz » Wed Nov 28, 2007 11:46 am

Haha. I bet I can find it in Google cache. Will try in a little bit.
Maine has a good swing for a pitcher but on anything that moves, he has no chance. And if it's a fastball, it has to be up in the zone. Basically, the pitcher has to hit his bat. - Mike Pelfrey
Amazinz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby cordscords » Fri Dec 28, 2007 4:23 pm

Cant wait for 2morrow night.

I've got Liddell over Silva, and GSP over Hughes.
cordscords
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 23)

Postby Mookie4ever » Fri Dec 28, 2007 7:08 pm

cordscords wrote:Cant wait for 2morrow night.

I've got Liddell over Silva, and GSP over Hughes.

I just looked up the odds and GSP is more than a 2-1 favourite. Wandelai is a slight favourite over Chuck.
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterHockey ModBasketball ModFootball ModMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 268)

Postby Amazinz » Fri Dec 28, 2007 7:50 pm

I'm going to watch the Giants game and try to stay up and watch this on delay.

I am going to with:

Chuck KO 2nd rd
Hughes TKO 3rd rd
Sokoudjou KO 1st rd lol, Machida is finally going down

Picking a winner for Chuck vs. Wand is a fool's game, like playing the lottery so I will go with the counter puncher.
Maine has a good swing for a pitcher but on anything that moves, he has no chance. And if it's a fastball, it has to be up in the zone. Basically, the pitcher has to hit his bat. - Mike Pelfrey
Amazinz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby cordscords » Sun Dec 30, 2007 1:53 am

*SPOILERS*

WAR CHUCK and GSP! Axe Murder sucked big time. He looked explosive the first 2 minutes of the second round, but Chuck won every aspect of the fight. GSP was even more impressive over Hughes this time around. GSP took the belt off after he won, saying it doesnt mean anything until he beats Serra.
cordscords
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 23)

Postby Amazinz » Sun Dec 30, 2007 3:41 pm

Other than the Sanchez fight (no fault on Sanchez) that card was awesome.

Machida, I am sorry for ever doubting you. You are amazing. The Neo in the Matrix comparison is appropriate.

As for GSP, if he looks like he did in this fight Serra doesn't stand a chance. Sad to see Hughes' career wind down this way but I guess it was inevitable. There are still some matches left for Hughes that I would like to see. I'm not sure Hughes will go for it but if he has 3 or so fights left in him than I would like to see him used as the gate keeper. Once GSP gets past Serra than it is time for GSP v Fitch. Make it happen, Dana!

Liddell v Silva worked out best case scenario IMHO other than that there wasn't a KO. However, it wasn't for a lack of trying. Both fighters landed KO shots. I don't really agree that Silva looked that bad. This fight played out exactly as many of the pro-Liddell people had speculated in the past. Chuck's style proved to problematic for Silva and his height definitely hurt Silva's ability to use the MT clench (which is where he is most effective). My only gripe with Silva was the 1st round game plan to disrupt Liddell by countering.
Amazinz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Postby Mookie4ever » Sun Dec 30, 2007 9:57 pm

GSP was awesome. Time to pony up Amazinz :-B
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterHockey ModBasketball ModFootball ModMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 268)

Postby Amazinz » Mon Dec 31, 2007 12:15 am

I can't find the sig. I will PM KC and still if he still has a copy.
Amazinz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Postby 5 » Mon Dec 31, 2007 11:42 am

Wow, GSP really handed Hughes his arse again.

I didn't see the PPV but watched the GSP/Hughes and the Chuck/Wandy fight online yesterday.

Amazinz - what...you really thought Hughes would take that one? Hughes should retire unless he wants to continue working toward facing GSP again...only to be made to look foolish again.

I heard Sanchez took a cheap shot in the beginning of the fight...something about the peace offering fist bump to start the fight. Did he really do that?
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Amazinz » Mon Dec 31, 2007 12:04 pm

5 wrote:Amazinz - what...you really thought Hughes would take that one? Hughes should retire unless he wants to continue working toward facing GSP again...only to be made to look foolish again.

Eh? I think you take this type of stuff to Sherdog where it belongs. :-S

I did think Hughes could win the fight but if there was any, there is no doubt now that St. Pierre is in a class by himself. (Although I think Fitch will give him much more of a fight than most suspect.) As far as Hughes chances, perhaps I was thinking more with my heart than my head but it's not exactly an off the wall notion. Hughes is one of the greatest fighters in the history of MMA. GSP being better them him now or always doesn't change that fact.

This Sherdog mentality that GSP made Hughes looked foolish or embarrassed him is ridiculous. Hughes got beat by an amazing athlete with superior technique that pulled off one of the greatest arm bars I have ever seen. People will see it the way they want to because of personal bias against Hughes.

As for Eddie Sanchez, I only watched the PPV once so I might have missed something but I am not sure what you are referring to.
Amazinz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk