UFC/PRIDE (Possible Spoilers) - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

UFC/PRIDE (Possible Spoilers)

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: UFC/PRIDE (Possible Spoilers)

Postby cordscords » Fri Nov 23, 2007 4:08 am

Matt Serra is OUT at UFC 79.

Dana White needs to make something happen. GSP vs Hughes?
cordscords
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 23)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Amazinz » Fri Nov 23, 2007 9:08 am

I think the GSP/Hughes rematch is too big to do it without the belt. Not sure what they will do though. Giving Fitch his shot would probably be a great choice. Not sure Fitch is enough of a "name" yet though. :,-(
Maine has a good swing for a pitcher but on anything that moves, he has no chance. And if it's a fastball, it has to be up in the zone. Basically, the pitcher has to hit his bat. - Mike Pelfrey
Amazinz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Amazinz » Sat Nov 24, 2007 11:04 pm

Apparently not. Looks like we've got Hughes/GSP III for the interim belt. ;-D

Would much rather have seen this rematch with a belt on the line but oh well. Can't bitch too much, will still be awesome I'm sure.
Maine has a good swing for a pitcher but on anything that moves, he has no chance. And if it's a fastball, it has to be up in the zone. Basically, the pitcher has to hit his bat. - Mike Pelfrey
Amazinz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby 5 » Tue Nov 27, 2007 4:29 pm

Amazinz wrote:Apparently not. Looks like we've got Hughes/GSP III for the interim belt. ;-D

Would much rather have seen this rematch with a belt on the line but oh well. Can't bitch too much, will still be awesome I'm sure.

Short notice for GSP but hopefully he'll be ready. ;-D
General Manager
General Manager

Postby brewcrew4you » Tue Nov 27, 2007 5:25 pm

Amazinz wrote:Apparently not. Looks like we've got Hughes/GSP III for the interim belt. ;-D

Depending upon how messed up Serra's two herniated disks are, this has a decent shot of being for the belt itself.

Sad to see Fitch ducking Hughes here - I know that Fitch walks around at close to 190, and that it would have been a hugh cut for him to get ready in 4 weeks, but if you want this thing badly enough...
brewcrew4you
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Amazinz » Tue Nov 27, 2007 7:11 pm

I thought that was all Sherdog-style heresey? :-/
Amazinz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Postby Amazinz » Tue Nov 27, 2007 9:57 pm

A guy on the Lightside is trying to put together a UFC Pick 'Em game. Maybe there is some interest here:

http://www.fantasyfootballcafe.com/foru ... 3#p2613703

OH WHERE ART THOU, MOOKIE?

Where are you hiding? Time to man up and give me a shot at redeeming myself on the sig bet.
Amazinz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Postby Mookie4ever » Wed Nov 28, 2007 12:06 am

"It's bad in the fact that I'm fighting a lot tougher opponent than Matt Serra," Hughes said, according to InsideFighting.com. "Another thing I dislike about the situation is I just feel that Matt Serra is getting the easy way out. If he would have beat me then he would have fought Georges again, he would have possibly fought both of us. Now he's getting the easy way out of fighting just one of us possibly."

That's exactly how I feel. It sucks for Hughes b/c he doesn't want to fight GSP and Serra gets a break b/c he only has to fight one now instead of having to defend against both of them. Serra's a punk, I have a lot more respect for Hughes.

GSP won't have a lot of time to prepare for this, about a month. Hughes/Kos would have been a better fight IMO.

I'll take the bet Amazinz, even with short notice GSP will make Hughes look like Ken Shamrock.
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterHockey ModBasketball ModFootball ModMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 277)

Postby Amazinz » Wed Nov 28, 2007 8:31 am

I would take the bet again. However, short notice is a fair point so if you're not comfortable with it, all jokes aside, that's cool. ;-)
Amazinz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Postby Mookie4ever » Wed Nov 28, 2007 11:23 am

I'll do it. It will be a good fight, I just hope that whoever wins puts Serra in his place. What are the terms? How long do we have to wear the sig?

btw - I looked for the sig that I had made for you and I can't find it anywhere. Could you post it here so that we can all appreciate it?
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterHockey ModBasketball ModFootball ModMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 277)

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk