UFC/PRIDE (Possible Spoilers) - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

UFC/PRIDE (Possible Spoilers)

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: UFC/PRIDE (Possible Spoilers)

Postby brewcrew4you » Tue Sep 18, 2007 10:04 pm

Amazinz wrote:Did anyone watch the EliteXC event? If not you missed a golden moment. They were telling the story about the weigh-ins where Gina Carrano's opponent said she rather kiss Gina than fight her. Apparently a lesbian, Goldberg said he wasn't going to touch that with a 10-ft. pole. So Mauro turns around and says, indeed, but I'd like to touch it with a 25 cm. pole. ROFLMAO. It's a pretty decent event so if you get a chance to watch it's worth it for this moment alone. :-D

LMAO, that's great ;-D

So anyone excited for TUF 6?
brewcrew4you
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Amazinz » Tue Sep 18, 2007 10:14 pm

Absolutely. I love the series and even though I'm not usually a fan of the reality TV aspect, I am definitely looking forward to the Serra/Hughes hate-fest (as well as the fights, of course). I do wish they would cut down on the in-house Big Brother stuff and bring back the challenges from season 1.
Maine has a good swing for a pitcher but on anything that moves, he has no chance. And if it's a fastball, it has to be up in the zone. Basically, the pitcher has to hit his bat. - Mike Pelfrey
Amazinz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby 5 » Wed Sep 19, 2007 2:54 pm

Amazinz wrote:Did anyone watch the EliteXC event? If not you missed a golden moment. They were telling the story about the weigh-ins where Gina Carrano's opponent said she rather kiss Gina than fight her. Apparently a lesbian, Goldberg said he wasn't going to touch that with a 10-ft. pole. So Mauro turns around and says, indeed, but I'd like to touch it with a 25 cm. pole. ROFLMAO. It's a pretty decent event so if you get a chance to watch it's worth it for this moment alone. :-D

seriously...that was nuts. I had to rewind to listen again. :-D

TUF...yes, looking forward to it. Serra's so funny and Country Breakfast such a tool.

Anyone see Inside MMA on HDNET? It's a new show - with Bas & Kenny Rice...and a panel. Last week was Metzger, Liddell & Kevin James. They give rankings, talk MMA of course, and show highlights from random fights from the week. Good stuff.
General Manager
General Manager

Postby josebach » Wed Sep 19, 2007 3:12 pm

Amazinz wrote:Absolutely. I love the series and even though I'm not usually a fan of the reality TV aspect, I am definitely looking forward to the Serra/Hughes hate-fest (as well as the fights, of course).

Ditto ;-D

Amazinz wrote: I do wish they would cut down on the in-house Big Brother stuff and bring back the challenges from season 1.

I agree with this too. Showing those guys destroy the house is just stupid and makes MMA fighters look like immature idiots (which a lot of them are). I guess it helps with ratings, which is why Dana lets it air. It also makes Dana into a hypocrite. Remember last year where he kicked off those three guys for fighting and then gave this big lecture as to why their fight was bad for MMA and made the fighters look bad and how he wants to improve the image of the fighters so they don't come across like a bunch of thugs and yadda yadda yadda... Well if he really felt that way, HE WOULDN"T HAVE SHOWN THE FIGHT ON THE SHOW!!! :-?

He's so full of it. :-b He's kind of hard not to like, though. Everytime I watch him on ESPN or some other mainstream media outlet I'm always on the lookout for him to start dropping F bombs. :-b

Don't forget there's a free Fight Night tonight!!!!
josebach
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Amazinz » Wed Sep 19, 2007 5:09 pm

I am still bummed that Spencer Fisher got sick. I was really looking forward to Fisher vs. Florian. The rest of the card looks pretty good and you can't beat free. :-B
Maine has a good swing for a pitcher but on anything that moves, he has no chance. And if it's a fastball, it has to be up in the zone. Basically, the pitcher has to hit his bat. - Mike Pelfrey
Amazinz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby brewcrew4you » Wed Sep 19, 2007 9:15 pm

Fight Night Live seems to have lost the Seth/Rogan audio feed ;-D

10 minutes of crowd/fight noise - good times.
brewcrew4you
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby josebach » Wed Sep 19, 2007 9:46 pm

Damn, every time I see Nate Diaz fight he impresses me more. This time he even used his hands effectively. He's one wiley dude.
josebach
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Football

Postby cordscords » Sun Sep 23, 2007 1:42 am

Does Chuck have anything left in the tank? He looked sloppy after the first round.
cordscords
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 23)

Postby brewcrew4you » Sun Sep 23, 2007 8:22 pm

cordscords wrote:Does Chuck have anything left in the tank? He looked sloppy after the first round.

Looks done to me :-/
brewcrew4you
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Amazinz » Wed Sep 26, 2007 11:04 am

I'm glad I don't gamble. I would have lost big time with all these crazy fights. Every time you think it's going to return to normalcy something crazier happens. Forrest defeats Shogun, Jardine defeats Liddell... I always felt that PRIDE was overrated a tad by the hardcore fans but never in my wildest did I expect some of these fighters to perform like they have. Not to take anything away from Forrest since he looked great.

As for Liddell, who knows. It's kind of sad. If he was losing great battles that would be one thing but he definitely did not look well in this Jardine fight. This is just speculation but I definitely buy into the idea that he has let his career go down the crapper because of his lifestyle. I also believe he should change camps. If some doofus fanboy, like myself :-b, and all the others across the Internet had a pretty good idea of how Jardine would be best suited attacking Liddell, how is it that his camp had no strategy to take those leg kicks away. *boggle*
Amazinz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk