UFC/PRIDE (Possible Spoilers) - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

UFC/PRIDE (Possible Spoilers)

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: UFC/PRIDE (Possible Spoilers)

Postby bigh0rt » Sun Sep 09, 2007 12:41 am

Rampaaaaaaaaaageeeeeeeee
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 361)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby josebach » Sun Sep 09, 2007 12:42 am

Amazinz wrote:I really disagree with the Bisping/Hamill decision and it seems fishy that in a clear 30-27 match (from my perspective) the one Las Vegas judge scores it 30-27 and the two UK judges scored it 29-28 for the hometown fighter. This ranks up there with the Nog/Ricco Rodriguez decision in Japan during the first UFC/Pride crossover.

Yeah, I agree. I was rooting for Bisping, but I would have rather him lost than won that way.
josebach
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Football

Postby 5 » Sun Sep 09, 2007 8:29 am

How about Marcus Davis coming back and winning.

Good fight by Rampage.

Also, good fight by Hamill...too bad the decision was horrible. He pretty much dominated Bisping - the 30-27 sounded about right and I could even see a 29-28 maybe...joke. %-6
And the UFC is always talking about how boxing is corrupt.
General Manager
General Manager

Postby cordscords » Sun Sep 09, 2007 10:36 am

I had Hamill winning 30-27. I thought he might rub the judges the wrong way by entering to the song "Born in the USA". That made be laugh. :-b
cordscords
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 20)

Postby Minor League Skilz » Sun Sep 09, 2007 11:26 am

I agree that Hamill took all three rounds. Bisping had to realize that he got away with one n his hometown and then he decides to talk some trash and tell Hammil to "go back to wrestling." Not a very classy statement after his performance.

Born in the USA was pretty funny too.
Minor League Skilz
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Amazinz » Mon Sep 10, 2007 6:28 pm

I was mistaken about some of the judges being British. Looks like it was our guys who screwed the pooch. I didn't realize until this morning that the U.K. does not have a commission for MMA. Even if everything is completely legit it is shady to have a promotion paying judges and referees.
Maine has a good swing for a pitcher but on anything that moves, he has no chance. And if it's a fastball, it has to be up in the zone. Basically, the pitcher has to hit his bat. - Mike Pelfrey
Amazinz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Minor League Skilz » Mon Sep 10, 2007 8:07 pm

It certainly doesn't help the UFC case that Bisping is the "face" of the UFC in the UK just as Huerta is pegged as the "face" of the UFC in Mexico. I like to throw money on football games once in awhile and I was considering betting on a UFC match or two. After this decision I cannot even consider it. You really cannot trust any event where judging is involved. Yes I'm talking to you competitive ice dancing! ;-)

I found a decent article about UFC judging in general and on one of the judges in this decision Jeff Mullen.

http://slam.canoe.ca/Slam/Fighting/UFC/ ... 90-cp.html
Minor League Skilz
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Amazinz » Mon Sep 10, 2007 8:34 pm

I read Mullen's post over at the Underground. It's interesting to read his logic but still disagree with his decision. I haven't tried rewatching the fight with the sound off like he suggested.
Maine has a good swing for a pitcher but on anything that moves, he has no chance. And if it's a fastball, it has to be up in the zone. Basically, the pitcher has to hit his bat. - Mike Pelfrey
Amazinz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby 5 » Wed Sep 12, 2007 11:04 am

Amazinz wrote:I read Mullen's post over at the Underground. It's interesting to read his logic but still disagree with his decision. I haven't tried rewatching the fight with the sound off like he suggested.

I watched it again and still think Hamill controlled pretty much the entire fight.

If you award the decision to the guy running around and avoiding the other guy, then yeah - Bisping won. :-t
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Amazinz » Tue Sep 18, 2007 6:22 pm

Did anyone watch the EliteXC event? If not you missed a golden moment. They were telling the story about the weigh-ins where Gina Carrano's opponent said she rather kiss Gina than fight her. Apparently a lesbian, Goldberg said he wasn't going to touch that with a 10-ft. pole. So Mauro turns around and says, indeed, but I'd like to touch it with a 25 cm. pole. ROFLMAO. It's a pretty decent event so if you get a chance to watch it's worth it for this moment alone. :-D
Amazinz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk