UFC/PRIDE (Possible Spoilers) - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

UFC/PRIDE (Possible Spoilers)

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: UFC/PRIDE (Possible Spoilers)

Postby josebach » Sun Jul 08, 2007 10:29 am

Amazinz wrote:I doubt an open weight will ever be sanctioned in the U.S. We might not even see them in Pride anymore if White is true to his word about bringing the unified rules to Japan.

The most impressive thing about Herring for me was his ground defense against Nog. I agree that the kick was lucky but he was looking for it the entire match lol. As for Sherk, I'm a big fan of the American wrestlers and highly biased. Sherk has had a lot of finishes throughout his career. I think that fighting two high-level BJJ guys in Franca and Florian back to back, both not taking a lot of risks, played a part in the decisions.

Yeah, I guess. I've only seen his last 4 or 5 fights so I'm basing my opinon on that. I'm sure if I went to YouTube I could see more of his fights. That's what I normally do for fighters I'm interested in. One thing is for sure, Sherk has absolutely amazing conditioning. Not only did he go all out for 5 rounds, he recovered from that nasty knee extremely quickly.
josebach
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Mookie4ever » Thu Aug 23, 2007 2:21 pm

Big fight coming up and I'm shocked to see that Gonzaga is favoured over Randy.

Gonzaga -140 Couture +110

GSP is a huge favourite:

GSP -260 Kos +210

Couture and Kos might be good bets.
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterHockey ModBasketball ModFootball ModMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 280)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby brewcrew4you » Thu Aug 23, 2007 2:27 pm

Mookie4ever wrote:Big fight coming up and I'm shocked to see that Gonzaga is favoured over Randy.

Gonzaga -140 Couture +110

GSP is a huge favourite:

GSP -260 Kos +210

Couture and Kos might be good bets.

I love Captain America, but Gonzaga is probably the worst matchup in the HW division for him. If Gonzaga can get top position, it's going to be Josh Barnett all over again. Couture is basically fighting a 30 lb heavier version of himself.

If GSP has his head on straight, he should destroy Kos. But we all know what happens when he isn't all there in the head (cough Serra cough)...
brewcrew4you
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby cordscords » Thu Aug 23, 2007 5:20 pm

Gonzaga is going to destroy Couture.
cordscords
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 23)

Postby Mookie4ever » Thu Aug 23, 2007 8:39 pm

People said those exact same things when he fought Silvia. It's hard to bet against Couture in a title fight.
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterHockey ModBasketball ModFootball ModMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Amazinz » Fri Aug 24, 2007 9:27 am

I don't think it will be Barnett all over again. Barnett has great submissions but I think that the comparison with Gonzaga ends there. Barnett overpowered Couture. Couture is now arguably one of the strongest men in the sport (wasn't the case back then). Gonzaga may be stronger (debatable) but I feel confident that he cannot man-handle Couture the way Barnett was able to back when. My money is on Couture. I think Gonzaga has a very real chance to win by submission but my gut says this is one of those Randy specials (5 grueling rounds, Couture wins on points clearly).

I'm actually looking forward to the GSP/Kos fight most of all. I'm a little ticked that Aurelio/Guida is on the under card. Really hope that makes it on air along with Mir/Hardonk. All of them really. The under card for this event is awesome.
Maine has a good swing for a pitcher but on anything that moves, he has no chance. And if it's a fastball, it has to be up in the zone. Basically, the pitcher has to hit his bat. - Mike Pelfrey
Amazinz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Mookie4ever » Fri Aug 24, 2007 9:30 am

Hey hey look what the cat drug in!

I knew that if I bumped up this thread he would make an appearance. If it took longer than a day I was going to mention Cro Cop. :-B
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

Postby Amazinz » Fri Aug 24, 2007 10:06 am

I've been checking in. Been working on-site and can't access Cafe from there. :-t

Life returns to normal soon. ;-D
Maine has a good swing for a pitcher but on anything that moves, he has no chance. And if it's a fastball, it has to be up in the zone. Basically, the pitcher has to hit his bat. - Mike Pelfrey
Amazinz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby brewcrew4you » Fri Aug 24, 2007 10:38 am

I know the PPV starts at 10ET /9CT, but it's been a while since I've ordered one - how long do they last, typically?
brewcrew4you
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Amazinz » Fri Aug 24, 2007 10:40 am

3 hours typically
Amazinz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk