UFC/PRIDE (Possible Spoilers) - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

UFC/PRIDE (Possible Spoilers)

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: UFC/PRIDE (Possible Spoilers)

Postby josebach » Fri Jul 06, 2007 4:20 pm

5 wrote:
Mookie4ever wrote:Man I hate Tito but Rashad sure is boring. Don't know if he's ever stopped a fight early. Tito's not too exciting either when he doesn't have a mic in front of him. This one looks like a bit of a snoozer.

Rashad's finished his last two fights in the 2nd round. Remember that high head kick?

Yeah, he must have missed his last two fights. Both were very exciting! I like Rashad a lot and think he's going to give Tito a run for his money. I think it could go either way.

Good card tomorrow night. ;-D
josebach
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Amazinz » Fri Jul 06, 2007 4:44 pm

Tito is going to crush Rashad. Book it. B-)

The fight I'm most looking forward to his Marquadt/Silva. ;-D
Maine has a good swing for a pitcher but on anything that moves, he has no chance. And if it's a fastball, it has to be up in the zone. Basically, the pitcher has to hit his bat. - Mike Pelfrey
Amazinz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby josebach » Fri Jul 06, 2007 5:15 pm

Amazinz wrote:Tito is going to crush Rashad. Book it. B-)

I've learned my lesson about going against Rashad. He's VERY difficult to take down and we both know unless Tito can take him down, he probably won't win. Rashad also has a knack for edging out decisions. Granted, he hasn't fought anyone of Tito's caliber so we'll see I guess. I think it's a toss up.

Amazinz wrote:The fight I'm most looking forward to his Marquadt/Silva. ;-D

To be honest, even though I've seen all 4 of Marquadt's UFC fights, I don't remember him. Looking at his record, it certainly doesn't seem like he'll be able to stand agains Silva. Maybe we'll see his first loss by KO/TKO?
josebach
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Amazinz » Fri Jul 06, 2007 5:31 pm

Yea his fights in the UFC haven't exactly represented him well. The fight against Lister did but it was unaired. I think it has aired since. I got it originally on UFC on demand. If you're bored hit up of the MMA trackers or Youtube and check out Marquadt's Pancrase fights. I don't necessarily think he'll win. I certainly wouldn't bet on this fight. However, I think it will be a doozy and for me it's the most intriguing.

As for Rashad, he's not that difficult to take down IMHO. Salmon pretty much had his way in that department prior to getting KOed. I'm not a Rashad-hater. I do think Tito is being underestimated (speaking generally) due to his poor showing against Griffin. Tito wins by brutal ground and pound, Rashad flails like a fish out of water. That's my theory anyhow and I'm sticking to it. If I'm wrong it won't be the first time. I don't gamble but if I did I'd be all over this one. Well maybe not since the line is like -120. :-D
Maine has a good swing for a pitcher but on anything that moves, he has no chance. And if it's a fastball, it has to be up in the zone. Basically, the pitcher has to hit his bat. - Mike Pelfrey
Amazinz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby josebach » Fri Jul 06, 2007 6:15 pm

Amazinz wrote:Yea his fights in the UFC haven't exactly represented him well. The fight against Lister did but it was unaired. I think it has aired since. I got it originally on UFC on demand. If you're bored hit up of the MMA trackers or Youtube and check out Marquadt's Pancrase fights. I don't necessarily think he'll win. I certainly wouldn't bet on this fight. However, I think it will be a doozy and for me it's the most intriguing.

As for Rashad, he's not that difficult to take down IMHO. Salmon pretty much had his way in that department prior to getting KOed. I'm not a Rashad-hater. I do think Tito is being underestimated (speaking generally) due to his poor showing against Griffin. Tito wins by brutal ground and pound, Rashad flails like a fish out of water. That's my theory anyhow and I'm sticking to it. If I'm wrong it won't be the first time. I don't gamble but if I did I'd be all over this one. Well maybe not since the line is like -120. :-D

You could very well be right, but with 4 oz gloves, absolutely anything can happen. I damn sure wouldn't be want to fight Tito. I'm afraid I'd break my hand on that gigantic chin of his.
josebach
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Amazinz » Fri Jul 06, 2007 6:32 pm

Lol :-D
Amazinz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Postby Amazinz » Sun Jul 08, 2007 12:53 am

Oh, man, that Tito/Rashad fight was disappointing. Rashad's ability to avoid Tito's GnP was impressive but the guy didn't come to fight until the end of the match. Tito was just awful. Blah.

Rest of the card rocked though. I don't understand how the crowd was booing during Nog/Herring. I thought it was awesome. Herring looked the Herring of old. Sherk was just dominant again. And what can you say about Silva. Can't wait for that rematch with Franklin. Now Tanner is returning and maybe Lindland soon. Awesome.

Pisses me off that they announce the submission of the night when it was on a non-aired fight.
Amazinz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Postby cordscords » Sun Jul 08, 2007 1:00 am

Stacked was awesome efrom start to finish.
cordscords
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 20)

Postby josebach » Sun Jul 08, 2007 1:28 am

Amazinz wrote:Oh, man, that Tito/Rashad fight was disappointing. Rashad's ability to avoid Tito's GnP was impressive but the guy didn't come to fight until the end of the match. Tito was just awful. Blah.

Rest of the card rocked though. I don't understand how the crowd was booing during Nog/Herring. I thought it was awesome. Herring looked the Herring of old. Sherk was just dominant again. And what can you say about Silva. Can't wait for that rematch with Franklin. Now Tanner is returning and maybe Lindland soon. Awesome.

Pisses me off that they announce the submission of the night when it was on a non-aired fight.

Yeah, Tito/Rashad was a disappointment, but I couldn't decide who I wanted to win, so a draw sat just fine with me. I'm not exactly excited about the possibility of a rematch, though.

I know Sherk man-handled Hermes for 5 rounds, but I just don't enjoy watching him fight. There's no way he's going to be a headliner unless he starts putting people away. What's funny is that if it was a different ref, they probably would have been stood up numerous times. Florian impressed again.

I thought the Noguierra fight was just ok. I thought Herring looked like crap. Yeah, he caught Nog with a lucky kick, but if you see the replay, you'll see it was a body kick and Nog just ducked into it. If it wasn't for that one lucky kick, Noguierra would have finished it by the 2nd round at the latest. How much notice did Herring have? He didn't look in shape at all.

I'm excited about a Franklin/Silva rematch also. I know Silva kicked his ass, but Franklin was not himself that first fight. He was extremely tentative and was coming off an injury. This time around, it will be different... and you can be darn sure he'll be adequately prepared to defend against the muay thai clinch this time. I like Silva too, so it's not like I'm a Franklin fanboy.

Who's Shogun going to fight? I'm thinking Shogun/Liddel and the winner gets a shot at Rampage. Rampage will probably have to fight before that, so who get's the next light heavyweight title shot?

Now that UFC bought Pride, do you think they're going to have an open-weight or a middle/light-heavyweight grand prix? Will Vegas even license open-weight? :-?
josebach
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Amazinz » Sun Jul 08, 2007 9:35 am

I doubt an open weight will ever be sanctioned in the U.S. We might not even see them in Pride anymore if White is true to his word about bringing the unified rules to Japan.

The most impressive thing about Herring for me was his ground defense against Nog. I agree that the kick was lucky but he was looking for it the entire match lol. As for Sherk, I'm a big fan of the American wrestlers and highly biased. Sherk has had a lot of finishes throughout his career. I think that fighting two high-level BJJ guys in Franca and Florian back to back, both not taking a lot of risks, played a part in the decisions.
Amazinz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk