UFC/PRIDE (Possible Spoilers) - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

UFC/PRIDE (Possible Spoilers)

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Amazinz » Sat Feb 03, 2007 2:17 am

Less than 24 hours and Cro Cop in the USA will be a reality... :-B

Travis Lutter could not make weight so tomorrow's title fight is now a 3-round non-title bout. I hope Silva knocks Lutter's head into the back of the arena. :-t
Maine has a good swing for a pitcher but on anything that moves, he has no chance. And if it's a fastball, it has to be up in the zone. Basically, the pitcher has to hit his bat. - Mike Pelfrey
Amazinz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby chadlincoln » Sat Feb 03, 2007 1:43 pm

Amazinz wrote:Less than 24 hours and Cro Cop in the USA will be a reality... :-B

Travis Lutter could not make weight so tomorrow's title fight is now a 3-round non-title bout. I hope Silva knocks Lutter's head into the back of the arena. :-t
Non-title fight? Come on, first St. Pierre gets hurt, now it's a non-title fight. At least we get to see Cro Cop and Rampage.
7/26 - Cafe goes down:

General Error
SQL ERROR [ mysql4 ]
Table './cafe_forums/baseball_sessions' is marked as crashed and should be repaired [145]
An sql error occurred while fetching this page. Please contact an administrator if this problem persists.
chadlincoln
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter

Postby APAP » Sat Feb 03, 2007 2:49 pm

PRIDE's heavyweight is fun to watch, they deffinitely have the edge there over UFC. The two are close overall, it's just personal preference really.
Thanks to soty for this sig
APAP
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Football

Postby The Artful Dodger » Sat Feb 03, 2007 3:30 pm

chadlincoln wrote:
Amazinz wrote:Less than 24 hours and Cro Cop in the USA will be a reality... :-B

Non-title fight? Come on, first St. Pierre gets hurt, now it's a non-title fight. At least we get to see Cro Cop and Rampage.

Definitely a bummer given the build-up to this event. I ordered UFC 67 mainly just to see Mirko Cro Cop's debut anyway. ;-D

It's kinda like the Old Cafe - http://fbc2.freeforums.net
The Artful Dodger
Chief Wikitect
Chief Wikitect

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 670)

Postby Amazinz » Sat Feb 24, 2007 11:30 pm

Anyone watching PRIDE? OMG Lil Nog KOed by a nobody in less than 30 secs. Huge, huge upset.

EDIT: Holy cow. Just an amazing event. U.S. representing!!! Trigg, Diaz, Hendo the new PRIDE MW CHAMP!!!
Maine has a good swing for a pitcher but on anything that moves, he has no chance. And if it's a fastball, it has to be up in the zone. Basically, the pitcher has to hit his bat. - Mike Pelfrey
Amazinz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby josebach » Sun Feb 25, 2007 4:58 pm

Amazinz wrote:Anyone watching PRIDE? OMG Lil Nog KOed by a nobody in less than 30 secs. Huge, huge upset.

EDIT: Holy cow. Just an amazing event. U.S. representing!!! Trigg, Diaz, Hendo the new PRIDE MW CHAMP!!!

Yeah, I saw it. Awesome!!! That was the best MMA event I've seen in a long time. I was really pumped Dan Henderson won! I can't stand Diaz, but considering he came from UFC and was an American I was rooting for him all the way. How about that gash on his right cheek? :-o

Shogun's knockout was also highlight worthy, I thought. ;-D
josebach
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby 5 » Sun Feb 25, 2007 5:17 pm

josebach wrote:
Amazinz wrote:Anyone watching PRIDE? OMG Lil Nog KOed by a nobody in less than 30 secs. Huge, huge upset.

Yeah, I saw it. Awesome!!! That was the best MMA event I've seen in a long time. I was really pumped Dan Henderson won! I can't stand Diaz, but considering he came from UFC and was an American I was rooting for him all the way. How about that gash on his right cheek? :-o

Shogun's knockout was also highlight worthy, I thought. ;-D

Absolutely - I agree - best MMA event in a long time. I like Diaz so that was great to see. He schooled Gomi.
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Amazinz » Sun Feb 25, 2007 5:32 pm

I like Diaz as well, bad attitude and all. I was glad to see him win because Gomi is a protected champion. The rematch has already been scheduled for April in Japan. I am sure Gomi will be much better prepared. I've watched the fight three times now and still can't make up my mind whether or not he gassed or one of Diaz's deceptive shots just sapped him. Rematch should be fun. Diaz apparently has a contract with EliteXC now. It would be crazy if he takes the belt and then leaves.
Amazinz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Postby josebach » Sun Feb 25, 2007 6:55 pm

Amazinz wrote:I like Diaz as well, bad attitude and all. I was glad to see him win because Gomi is a protected champion. The rematch has already been scheduled for April in Japan. I am sure Gomi will be much better prepared. I've watched the fight three times now and still can't make up my mind whether or not he gassed or one of Diaz's deceptive shots just sapped him. Rematch should be fun. Diaz apparently has a contract with EliteXC now. It would be crazy if he takes the belt and then leaves.

Is that Bas Rutten in your sig? :-b

I think Gomi gassed. Gomi thows bombs, but Diaz can totally take a shot. He is one tough dude. If you look at his record, 5 out of 6 of his losses have all been by decision and his 1 loss by TKO came when he was 19. He is NOT an easy guy to knock out and that's all Gomi was trying to do. You can only throw so many haymakers before you get winded. The gogoplata he layed on Gomi was amazing, but I don't think he would have been able to sink it had Gomi not been so tired. What's also crazy about diaz is that he's only 23 YEARS OLD. 8-o
josebach
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby chadlincoln » Sun Feb 25, 2007 7:24 pm

When are these two merging?
7/26 - Cafe goes down:

General Error
SQL ERROR [ mysql4 ]
Table './cafe_forums/baseball_sessions' is marked as crashed and should be repaired [145]
An sql error occurred while fetching this page. Please contact an administrator if this problem persists.
chadlincoln
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk