UFC/PRIDE (Possible Spoilers) - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

UFC/PRIDE (Possible Spoilers)

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: UFC/PRIDE (Possible Spoilers)

Postby Amazinz » Sun Jun 17, 2007 10:06 am

I was a little hesitant to pay $40 for that card but I thought it turned out pretty well. It would have been great if the first two rounds of Franklin v Okami hadn't been so methodical. I don't understand why Rogan focused on the negative aspect of that third round for Franklin. OK so he made a mistake and almost paid for it but that was one of the most impressive Kimura escapes I've ever seen. The Guida v Tyson Griffin bout was nearly worth the price alone, that was so great. Tough break for Guida. He's had two great fights in a row but nothing but two losses to show for it. Forrest looked great, although still technically unsound, and the way he worked the Irish crowd was awesome.
Maine has a good swing for a pitcher but on anything that moves, he has no chance. And if it's a fastball, it has to be up in the zone. Basically, the pitcher has to hit his bat. - Mike Pelfrey
Amazinz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Amazinz » Fri Jun 22, 2007 11:33 am

Awesome weekend!!! Tonight is Shamrock v Baroni and tomorrow is BJ v Pulver and Hatton v Castillo. :B
Maine has a good swing for a pitcher but on anything that moves, he has no chance. And if it's a fastball, it has to be up in the zone. Basically, the pitcher has to hit his bat. - Mike Pelfrey
Amazinz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby 5 » Fri Jun 22, 2007 12:15 pm

Mauricio “Shogun” Rua (16-2 MMA, 0-0 UFC), who recently signed with the UFC, will make his Octagon debut at UFC 76 in September. His opponent is not yet known.
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Amazinz » Fri Jun 22, 2007 12:33 pm

Yeah it's a bummer that we have to wait that long. :C
Amazinz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Postby Tavish » Fri Jun 22, 2007 12:51 pm

Amazinz wrote:Awesome weekend!!! Tonight is Shamrock v Baroni and tomorrow is BJ v Pulver and Hatton v Castillo. :B

Hatton/Castillo should be good. If Hatton can do what he is supposed to do it sets up what should be one of the best series of fights since the Hearns/Hagler/Leonard/Duran era. PBF/Cotto/Hatton/Torres can all fight in that 147 lb range so if the management of the fighters can get out of the way things should get real interesting.

Bury me a Royal.
Tavish
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterWeb Supporter
(Past Year: 26)

Postby Amazinz » Fri Jun 22, 2007 12:56 pm

Agreed and I think the growing popularity of MMA could help grease the boxing wheels. Could be a good time for all fight fans.
Amazinz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Postby 5 » Fri Jun 22, 2007 1:15 pm

Amazinz wrote:Agreed and I think the growing popularity of MMA could help grease the boxing wheels. Could be a good time for all fight fans.

MMA is all over the place it seems. ;D

Other than UFC/Pride shows...I've seen some WEC on Versus, HD Net Friday Night MMA (fights in HD are pretty cool), IFL on local channel, and EliteXC on Showtime (earlier this year). Needless to say, my DVR is getting quite a workout.

Btw, Crazy Horse is out
James Edson Berto will step in for the trouble-plagued Charles "Krazy Horse" Bennett on Friday night’s Strikeforce-EliteXC “Shamrock vs. Baroni” from the HP Pavillion in San Jose, California.
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Amazinz » Sat Jun 23, 2007 1:57 pm

Ugh. I really wanted Baroni to knock the snot out of Shamrock. :,(
Amazinz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Postby cordscords » Sun Jun 24, 2007 3:58 am

Amazinz wrote:Ugh. I really wanted Baroni to knock the snot out of Shamrock. :,(

I was rooting for Shamrock :). The whole Strikeforce card was great IMO.

I didnt enjoy The Ultimate Fighter all that much tonight though.
cordscords
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 23)

Postby Amazinz » Sun Jun 24, 2007 10:38 am

I don't hate Shamrock that much just wanted to see Baroni back in the UFC. He has that Tito-like attitude. Whether you love or it hate, it's good for the sport IMHO. Same with Shamrock to a degree, but he has a tendency to take the disrespect a little further than showmanship.

I did enjoy the Strikeforce card too. I really hate Glazer and Goldberg though! :>

That was the first time I got to see Cung Le fight other than YouTube so that was pretty sweet. I was really disappointed at Villasenor's fight since I thought he was on the fast track to the UFC. Although it was great to see Ninja look so sharp.

As for the TUF Finale I really enjoyed the card. The way the Diaz/Manny fight ended sucked but what are you going to do? I would have paid for the BJ/Pulver fight. :D
Amazinz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk