UFC/PRIDE (Possible Spoilers) - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

UFC/PRIDE (Possible Spoilers)

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby 5 » Mon Apr 23, 2007 1:09 pm

Amazinz wrote:Have you guys seen this story about the U.S. flag and Arlovski? The security at M.E.N. arena apparently has not responded to it yet.

When Arlovski was getting ready to come into the arena for his fight he had two flags; one for Belarus, one from the U.S. M.E.N. security took the U.S. flag from him saying that he could not enter the arena with two flags. But they had just allowed Werdum to enter the arena carrying a Spanish and Brazilian flag! Kind of crazy.

Arlovski wrote:I was very disappointed when security took American flag because I’m fighting from Chicago. I represent Belarus and United States. So I’m sorry guys that I disrespected you.

There's gotta be more to this story, right?
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Amazinz » Mon Apr 23, 2007 1:22 pm

Good chance there is but so far there's just little bits here and there.
Maine has a good swing for a pitcher but on anything that moves, he has no chance. And if it's a fastball, it has to be up in the zone. Basically, the pitcher has to hit his bat. - Mike Pelfrey
Amazinz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Amazinz » Mon May 07, 2007 4:21 pm

The main event for UFC 72 in Ireland (Franklin v Kampann) just got cancelled because Kampmann is out with injury. That card was already looking awful before this news. Luckily it's free on Spike TV. :-/
Maine has a good swing for a pitcher but on anything that moves, he has no chance. And if it's a fastball, it has to be up in the zone. Basically, the pitcher has to hit his bat. - Mike Pelfrey
Amazinz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby chadlincoln » Tue May 08, 2007 9:43 am

Amazinz wrote:The main event for UFC 72 in Ireland (Franklin v Kampann) just got cancelled because Kampmann is out with injury. That card was already looking awful before this news. Luckily it's free on Spike TV. :-/
:-t
7/26 - Cafe goes down:

General Error
SQL ERROR [ mysql4 ]
Table './cafe_forums/baseball_sessions' is marked as crashed and should be repaired [145]
An sql error occurred while fetching this page. Please contact an administrator if this problem persists.
chadlincoln
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter

Postby Amazinz » Wed May 09, 2007 2:19 pm

Good news: Yushin Okami will replace Kampmann. Franklin v Okami is an awesome fight.

Bad news: It was schedule to air on Spike TV free but they have switched to air live (which is 3 PM here in the States) on PPV. :-t
Amazinz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Postby chadlincoln » Wed May 09, 2007 4:02 pm

Amazinz wrote:Good news: Yushin Okami will replace Kampmann. Franklin v Okami is an awesome fight.

Bad news: It was schedule to air on Spike TV free but they have switched to air live (which is 3 PM here in the States) on PPV. :-t
Free to PPV is always bad.
7/26 - Cafe goes down:

General Error
SQL ERROR [ mysql4 ]
Table './cafe_forums/baseball_sessions' is marked as crashed and should be repaired [145]
An sql error occurred while fetching this page. Please contact an administrator if this problem persists.
chadlincoln
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter

Postby Amazinz » Fri May 11, 2007 12:00 am

Anyone watching this season of TUF? Looks like Lauzon will run away with it but how about this Cory fella? I know he wasn't overly impressive in his victory but pretty impressive for no professional fights. Get the feeling that after training with a real camp, when we see him in the UFC he is going to be incredible in that weight class.
Amazinz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Postby josebach » Fri May 11, 2007 8:38 am

Amazinz wrote:Anyone watching this season of TUF? Looks like Lauzon will run away with it but how about this Cory fella? I know he wasn't overly impressive in his victory but pretty impressive for no professional fights. Get the feeling that after training with a real camp, when we see him in the UFC he is going to be incredible in that weight class.

I've got the last two episodes on DVR, but haven't watched them yet. I was really excited that they would actually have all 16 fighters be light weights instead of two separate weight classes, but so far this season is all about stupid drama BS and not fighting. The episode where that guy wrote on the wall and we had to listen to 30 minutes of guys acting tough was so bad it made me briefly consider not watching it anymore. Now I want to watch it just so I can see some of those jerkoffs get the crap kicked out of them. I thought last season was not very good either.
josebach
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Football

Postby 5 » Fri May 11, 2007 9:15 am

Amazinz wrote:Anyone watching this season of TUF? Looks like Lauzon will run away with it but how about this Cory fella? I know he wasn't overly impressive in his victory but pretty impressive for no professional fights. Get the feeling that after training with a real camp, when we see him in the UFC he is going to be incredible in that weight class.

Lauzon has to be the favorite. After all, he KO'd Pulver not too long ago.

I'm not very impressed with Cory. It's gonna take a while for him to be legit but you're right - he could be dangerous down the road. Let's see if he takes Horn up on that wanting to make him a monster thing.

After last week, it was good to see fights yesterday.
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Mookie4ever » Fri May 11, 2007 9:45 am

josebach wrote:

I've got the last two episodes on DVR, but haven't watched them yet. I was really excited that they would actually have all 16 fighters be light weights instead of two separate weight classes, but so far this season is all about stupid drama BS and not fighting. The episode where that guy wrote on the wall and we had to listen to 30 minutes of guys acting tough was so bad it made me briefly consider not watching it anymore. Now I want to watch it just so I can see some of those jerkoffs get the crap kicked out of them. I thought last season was not very good either.

That's exactly why I stopped watching. I saw the season with Franklin and Hughes as the coaches and did not like the fact that they wouldn't fight afterwards. I tried to watch a few more times but there is just not enough fighting. They throw in all of this fake drama and challenges that don't mean anything but all I want to see is the fighting.
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterHockey ModBasketball ModFootball ModMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 277)

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk