UFC/PRIDE (Possible Spoilers) - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

UFC/PRIDE (Possible Spoilers)

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: UFC/PRIDE (Possible Spoilers)

Postby Mookie4ever » Mon Mar 28, 2011 5:39 pm

Saw Phil Davis beat up Little Nog. Even though it was a convincing win Davis is not even close to ready for Jones. Davis' standup looked terrible. Jones would pick him apart.

I'm really stoked about UFC 129, moreso for Mark Hominck than GSP.
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterHockey ModBasketball ModFootball ModMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 277)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby kimchi_chigae » Fri Apr 29, 2011 4:02 pm

Just got my tickets for tomorrow night. :-]
Free WR!
kimchi_chigae Beginner
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 194)

Postby Mookie4ever » Fri Apr 29, 2011 4:23 pm

kimchi_chigae wrote:Just got my tickets for tomorrow night. :-]

Lucky you. I got offered tickets in the nosebleeds but I said no. I can't imagine being able to see anything from the 500 level. I know that I would end up looking at the jumbotron thinking that my tv at home would be much better.

Mark Hoiminck is +350. The mma world thinks that Aldo is going to mess him up but the guy is such an effective striker I don't see it unless Aldo takes him down, something that he is not known to do a lot. I'm nervous for Hominick, I want him to win so bad.

GSP is -500, not worth the bet - Shields at +333 is much better value but I'm not betting against GSP.
Machida -400 and Couture +275, no value here either. Who wants to root against The Natural?
Nate Diaz is +100 against Rory MacDonald :-S I guess it't because Diaz is a late replacement? Looks like a good bet to me, even betting against the Canadian.
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterHockey ModBasketball ModFootball ModMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby bigken117 » Fri Apr 29, 2011 5:36 pm

Imagine if GSP lost in the same week as the Canadiens. :-L

Hopefully GSP fights to win and doesn't fight to not lose. Then he grows a pair and fights Silva. He's so concerned about his legacy, then he needs to fight him. He'll be remembered more for ducking him than if they fought and he lost.

Jacoby Ellsbury - Sponsored by the Fantasy Baseball Cafe!

Play Pick 3!

Follow the Cafe on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook
bigken117
Bouncer
Bouncer

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 248)

Postby kimchi_chigae » Fri Apr 29, 2011 6:29 pm

Mookie4ever wrote:
kimchi_chigae wrote:Just got my tickets for tomorrow night. :-]

Lucky you. I got offered tickets in the nosebleeds but I said no. I can't imagine being able to see anything from the 500 level. I know that I would end up looking at the jumbotron thinking that my tv at home would be much better.

Oh, I'm going 500 level. I don't have the dough to get a decent seat. :-)

I did get a good price on the tickets though and I'm betting people will be eager to get rid of them tomorrow outside the Skydome. My plan was to go tomorrow and see if I could score cheap tickets after the bouts had started and just go to a bar if I didn't find anything. But if I'm going to drive downtown tomorrow, I better be going to this thing. :-D

I'm torn between Aldo and Hominick. The Brazilian in me says I want Aldo to win, but Hominick sounds like such a good guy in the interviews that I don't want him to get destroyed. ;-)
Free WR!
kimchi_chigae Beginner
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 194)

Postby Mookie4ever » Sat Aug 06, 2011 11:01 am

Can't wait to see Rory MacDonald tonight.
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

Postby Mookie4ever » Sun Aug 07, 2011 9:40 am

Rory MacDonald, the next great Canadian champion. :-D
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

Postby bigken117 » Sat Nov 12, 2011 1:17 am

just bumping this since there is a free heavyweight championship fight coming up tomorrow night ;-D

Jacoby Ellsbury - Sponsored by the Fantasy Baseball Cafe!

Play Pick 3!

Follow the Cafe on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook
bigken117
Bouncer
Bouncer

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 248)

Postby urbanbreez » Sat Nov 12, 2011 11:58 pm

For those of you interested in watching the Pacman fight ...

http://www.firstrowsports.tv/watch/9137 ... rquez.html
urbanbreez
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Tavish » Sun Nov 13, 2011 10:35 am

bigken117 wrote:just bumping this since there is a free heavyweight championship fight coming up tomorrow night ;-D

Nothing like 30 minutes of commercials and hype for one punch. Dana White has to be aggravated that this was his FOX debut showcase.

Bury me a Royal.
Tavish
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterWeb Supporter
(Past Year: 25)

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk