UFC/PRIDE (Possible Spoilers) - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

UFC/PRIDE (Possible Spoilers)

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

UFC/PRIDE (Possible Spoilers)

Postby Amazinz » Sun Aug 27, 2006 1:03 am

Anyone watch? Iceman is a bad man. Babalu down an out in 90 seconds. B-)
Last edited by Amazinz on Sun Feb 25, 2007 5:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Maine has a good swing for a pitcher but on anything that moves, he has no chance. And if it's a fastball, it has to be up in the zone. Basically, the pitcher has to hit his bat. - Mike Pelfrey
Amazinz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Minor League Skilz » Sun Aug 27, 2006 1:45 am

Was not much of a challenge for Chuck. He was impressive.
Minor League Skilz
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby 1337_Dude » Sun Aug 27, 2006 8:54 am

It's amazing to me how when someone gets in the cage with Chuck that they try to slug with him. There isn't anyone in the UFC at the moment who can try to slug with him and very few guys in general (in his division at least). Babalu's game isn't rushing in and punching, it's the ground game. He charged in landed a good shot and I guess he forgot who he was fighting or what his game plan was and proceeded to get KTFO'd by the Iceman.
1337_Dude
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Amazinz » Sun Aug 27, 2006 10:16 am

Yeah I think that was Babalu's game plan. As soon as he had Liddell backpedaling he went for the shoot and got KO'd. A shame really. I know hindisght is 20/20 but that was a pretty dumb plan.

It's a shame that the UFC and Pride are having problems again. Liddell versus Silva would have been awesome. Even a guy like CroCop could drop to LHW. Well if I get my wish the UFC will go ahead and pay Rampage what he wants. I would love to see that rematch after Liddell v Ortiz II.
Maine has a good swing for a pitcher but on anything that moves, he has no chance. And if it's a fastball, it has to be up in the zone. Basically, the pitcher has to hit his bat. - Mike Pelfrey
Amazinz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby 1337_Dude » Sun Aug 27, 2006 9:28 pm

Amazinz wrote:Yeah I think that was Babalu's game plan. As soon as he had Liddell backpedaling he went for the shoot and got KO'd. A shame really. I know hindisght is 20/20 but that was a pretty dumb plan.

It's a shame that the UFC and Pride are having problems again. Liddell versus Silva would have been awesome. Even a guy like CroCop could drop to LHW. Well if I get my wish the UFC will go ahead and pay Rampage what he wants. I would love to see that rematch after Liddell v Ortiz II.

It was very disappointing to hear the problems popped back up, all the talk that Pride was gonna start sending some guys over for a few fights to the UFC had me very excited. It sucks to see that Silva/Liddell as well as a few others aren't looking good to happen. There are a ton of fights that I think could put some nice money into both promotions pockets. Another fight that comes to mind would be Hendo and Franklin. Of course I'd pay just to see Fedor beat down on any of the UFC's heavyweights.

I just wish the UFC would try to get their hands on some better LHW guys. I mean really after Chuck and maybe Tito (though he hasn't really impressed me since he's come back) they are very thin. Really though, I could say that about any of their divisions outside of WW. Maybe with the crazy buyrates the UFC has been getting they may go out and spend some money and start putting good talent in the other divisions.
1337_Dude
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Amazinz » Sun Aug 27, 2006 10:06 pm

Wow. Did you see that replay of Bushido 12 on FSN? That was the worst editing job I have ever seen. I couldn't watch it all. Grabbing the Korean live version off of torrents now. Just watched the Hendo v Misaki rematch. :-/
Amazinz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Postby 1337_Dude » Sun Aug 27, 2006 10:37 pm

Amazinz wrote:Wow. Did you see that replay of Bushido 12 on FSN? That was the worst editing job I have ever seen. I couldn't watch it all. Grabbing the Korean live version off of torrents now. Just watched the Hendo v Misaki rematch. :-/

I cought bits and pieces of it. Knowing this was one of their big first big non ppv shows over here they should have put a little more into it. I don't actually get to catch to much PRIDE, but at least I got to see Gomi and Hendo...even though Hendo took the loss.
1337_Dude
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby chadlincoln » Mon Aug 28, 2006 12:02 pm

Watch the fight on Youtube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T5swFT2MdFI

Not sure why anyone tries to stand with Liddell. Take him to the ground Sobral, don't play his game...
7/26 - Cafe goes down:

General Error
SQL ERROR [ mysql4 ]
Table './cafe_forums/baseball_sessions' is marked as crashed and should be repaired [145]
An sql error occurred while fetching this page. Please contact an administrator if this problem persists.
chadlincoln
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter

Postby The Miner Part 2 » Mon Aug 28, 2006 12:06 pm

how was griffin/bonnar 2?
The Miner Part 2
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby chadlincoln » Mon Aug 28, 2006 12:28 pm

The Miner Part 2 wrote:how was griffin/bonnar 2?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jK--Vx0gxPA
7/26 - Cafe goes down:

General Error
SQL ERROR [ mysql4 ]
Table './cafe_forums/baseball_sessions' is marked as crashed and should be repaired [145]
An sql error occurred while fetching this page. Please contact an administrator if this problem persists.
chadlincoln
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter

Next

Return to General Talk