Kaz Matsui, fantasy relevant? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Kaz Matsui, fantasy relevant?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Kaz Matsui, fantasy relevant?

Postby Niffoc4 » Sat Aug 26, 2006 10:14 pm

Has anyone noticed how well he has hit since the Rockies called him up? Could he actually be worth using for the rest of the season in NL-Only and/or deep mixed leagues?
Including today's numbers he is 7 for 11 since being called up, and is hitting leadoff... was it the pressure in NY that got to his head?
I'm not going to pick him up yet, but he is someone to keep an eye on...
Niffoc4
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 15)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby avsfan4ever33 » Sat Aug 26, 2006 10:43 pm

I'd wait a little bit. He's looked good so far, and the Rockies seem ready to give him playing time (it shouldn't even be a hard decision, since Barmes is horrible and Carroll has really tailed off)
avsfan4ever33
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Havok1517 » Sat Aug 26, 2006 11:15 pm

I wouldn't trust just yet Kaz but he's always had to tools to contribute fantasy-wise. He for sure isn't the future for Rookie SS with Tuly well on his way. Hopefully, the Rockies can sell high on Matsui with Tuly is ready.

A side note, I personally thought Barmes for Redman (pending FA) would have been the perfect deal to include in the KC/Col deal. It would have helped Colorado continue contend before they faded and Redman's GB ratio would seem to of fit in well at Coors. After Francis, Jennings, & I guess Kim Col has no stability in the rotation. Even the close to league min making Barmes would be an upgrade over Berroa. Barmes numbers actually aren't that bad, aside from his avg. His RBI's are quite good as far as SS go.
Havok1517
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe Writer
(Past Year: 101)

Postby giants! » Sat Aug 26, 2006 11:35 pm

Havok1517 wrote:I wouldn't trust just yet Kaz but he's always had to tools to contribute fantasy-wise. He for sure isn't the future for Rookie SS with Tuly well on his way. Hopefully, the Rockies can sell high on Matsui with Tuly is ready.

A side note, I personally thought Barmes for Redman (pending FA) would have been the perfect deal to include in the KC/Col deal. It would have helped Colorado continue contend before they faded and Redman's GB ratio would seem to of fit in well at Coors. After Francis, Jennings, & I guess Kim Col has no stability in the rotation. Even the close to league min making Barmes would be an upgrade over Berroa. Barmes numbers actually aren't that bad, aside from his avg. His RBI's are quite good as far as SS go.

Aaron Cook?
giants!
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Havok1517 » Sat Aug 26, 2006 11:44 pm

giants! wrote:
Havok1517 wrote:I wouldn't trust just yet Kaz but he's always had to tools to contribute fantasy-wise. He for sure isn't the future for Rookie SS with Tuly well on his way. Hopefully, the Rockies can sell high on Matsui with Tuly is ready.

Aaron Cook?

Yeah, you're right I forgot about Cook, just shows how much a sleeper he is in Colo. Redman I think is just as good but he's for sure better than Fogg.
Havok1517
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe Writer
(Past Year: 101)

Postby Niffoc4 » Sun Aug 27, 2006 8:14 am

I understand why the Rockies would want Redman... but not why the Royals would want Barmes... why not get someone who could help in the future? Barmes' only advantage on Berroa is being cheaper... and that will only last another year or so... why not just use Blanco? He plays D and is cheap...
Niffoc4
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 15)

Postby avsfan4ever33 » Sun Aug 27, 2006 9:24 am

I would have taken that deal in a heartbeat...
avsfan4ever33
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Return to Baseball Leftovers