Arod needs to go - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to New York Yankees

Arod needs to go

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: no

Postby Callahan » Tue Nov 28, 2006 8:41 am

Don't forget, ARod was the best-hitting 3B in the AL last year. With all the baggage and issues, I'll still take him.

It takes 25 guys to lose a playoff series. Shame on Torre for bumping him down to 8th.
[i]"I think if Norman Rockwell were alive, the guy that he would paint more than anyone else would be David Eckstein." ~McCarver[/i]
Callahan
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby SecretAgentMan » Tue Dec 05, 2006 11:41 pm

Callahan wrote:Don't forget, ARod was the best-hitting 3B in the AL last year. With all the baggage and issues, I'll still take him.

It takes 25 guys to lose a playoff series. Shame on Torre for bumping him down to 8th.

Torre made the right call by the numbers. ARod did zip in the past 2 post-seasons.
SecretAgentMan
General Manager
General Manager

Response TeamFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 676)

Postby BronXBombers51 » Thu Dec 07, 2006 4:01 pm

SecretAgentMan wrote:
Callahan wrote:Don't forget, ARod was the best-hitting 3B in the AL last year. With all the baggage and issues, I'll still take him.

Torre made the right call by the numbers. ARod did zip in the past 2 post-seasons.

What exactly did the rest of the team do? Sheffield? Giambi? Jeter?

Yankee fans calling for A-Rod's head are fools. They need to wake up. Learn something about the game before you make outrageous claims and accusations. A-Rod is not the source of the Yankees problems...he's far from it.
BronXBombers51
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 58)

Postby Callahan » Thu Dec 07, 2006 5:25 pm

SecretAgentMan wrote:

What the hell kind of logic is this? You have consistently one of the best hitters in the game...who has had a terrific career in the postseason...but you want to judge him on two bad series, in which the team as a whole couldn't hit and couldn't pitch.

Why is this so hard to understand. :-?
[i]"I think if Norman Rockwell were alive, the guy that he would paint more than anyone else would be David Eckstein." ~McCarver[/i]
Callahan
College Coach
College Coach

Postby SecretAgentMan » Thu Dec 07, 2006 6:58 pm

You can argue whatever pre-NY post-season or regualr season nonsense you want. The point was made that Torre was a fool for moving Arod to the 8 hole in the playoffs. Well based on Arod's own performance in the playoffs, that was the right call as he did nothing...less than nothing.

So to argue Torre was wrong, you have to argue that Arod is so soft mentally that the move directly resulted in his crummy performance in the post-season. Based on the output level of nothing, you can hardly criticize Torre for sticking the Fraud in the 8-hole. Based on the numbers, he should have been left off the playoff roster. So either Torre's move was right or Arod is soft and lame? Which is it?
SecretAgentMan
General Manager
General Manager

Response TeamFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 676)

Postby Callahan » Fri Dec 08, 2006 1:03 am

SecretAgentMan wrote:You can argue whatever pre-NY post-season or regualr season nonsense you want.

...? What do you mean, pre-NY? Do you even look at statistics at all? This part of your post doesn't make sense.

So to argue Torre was wrong, you have to argue that Arod is so soft mentally that the move directly resulted in his crummy performance in the post-season.

LMAO. Actually no, I don't have to argue that at all. So...this part of your post doesn't make sense either.

Torre took a good hitter and moved him down to 8. Yes, he was having a bad series. But, you don't take a hitter of his caliber and move him down in the order like that.

I like how you called the first Yankee to win an MVP since Mattingly a Fraud. Nice touch. I will never understand how Yankee fans get so spoiled.
Callahan
College Coach
College Coach

Re: Arod needs to go

Postby northjersey78 » Tue May 01, 2007 10:10 am

acsguitar wrote:I'm tired of this bum...25 million worth of errors and k's.

Please god trade him for something

Care to revise your opinion now?
http://www.newyorksportstown.com

Yankees, Mets, Giants, Jets, Rangers, Devils, Isanders, Knicks, Nets, Rutgers
northjersey78
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 4)

Previous

Return to New York Yankees