HAMELS - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Injuries & Player Updates

HAMELS

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

HAMELS

Postby Young 8 » Sat Aug 26, 2006 2:53 pm

Aug 26 Ken Mandel, of Philadelphia.Phillies.MLB.com, reports Philadelphia Phillies SP Cole Hamels (finger) had a cut on his finger which was part of the reason he was hit hard in his last start Thursday, Aug. 24. Hamels said the cut, which was on his left index finger, made it harder to grip the baseball, which could have led to him giving up nine runs (five earned) in his Thursday start. Hamels said he expects to be ready for his next start.


wow.....
Young 8
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar

Posts: 1324
Joined: 11 Sep 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: HAMELS

Postby schmidty » Sat Aug 26, 2006 3:19 pm

Young 8 wrote:Aug 26 Ken Mandel, of Philadelphia.Phillies.MLB.com, reports Philadelphia Phillies SP Cole Hamels (finger) had a cut on his finger which was part of the reason he was hit hard in his last start Thursday, Aug. 24. Hamels said the cut, which was on his left index finger, made it harder to grip the baseball, which could have led to him giving up nine runs (five earned) in his Thursday start. Hamels said he expects to be ready for his next start.


wow.....


Too bad they don't tell us these things before we start him for our teams and get our ERA/WHIP shot for the week.
schmidty
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar
Cafeholic
Posts: 1710
Joined: 6 Mar 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby BillyHallDisciple » Sat Aug 26, 2006 3:22 pm

why the hell did the Manager put him in there?
BillyHallDisciple
General Manager
General Manager


Posts: 2850
Joined: 1 Aug 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby BitterDodgerFan » Sat Aug 26, 2006 3:59 pm

hope they tell us next time..or skip him once
Image
BitterDodgerFan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Posts: 6508
Joined: 18 Jan 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: City of Grigori

Postby schmidty » Sat Aug 26, 2006 4:32 pm

Hamels: Coach, I've got this cut on my finger. With it all I can throw are fat pitches over the plate.

Manuel: Don't worry about it kid. It's good for you to get some innings in.

Hamels: Are you sure?

Manuel: Don't worry about it. I'll make it up to you by pulling you after 5 scoreless innings in your next start, and bring in Ryan Madson to blow the win for you.

Hamels: You're the greatest, coach! I'm so glad I'm playing for a cool guy like you instead of some meanie like Larry Bowa.
schmidty
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar
Cafeholic
Posts: 1710
Joined: 6 Mar 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby pangbones » Sat Aug 26, 2006 10:30 pm

Well at least there was a reason for his poor outing against the lowly Cubs. He was terrible, but that makes me feel a little better about it. Hopefully it isn't a problem and he can get back on track in time for the playoffs. :-o
Image
pangbones
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Fantasy Expert
Posts: 4337
Joined: 8 May 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Lansing, MI

Postby theonetheonlypv » Tue Aug 29, 2006 12:05 am

schmidty wrote:Hamels: Coach, I've got this cut on my finger. With it all I can throw are fat pitches over the plate.

Manuel: Don't worry about it kid. It's good for you to get some innings in.

Hamels: Are you sure?

Manuel: Don't worry about it. I'll make it up to you by pulling you after 5 scoreless innings in your next start, and bring in Ryan Madson to blow the win for you.

Hamels: You're the greatest, coach! I'm so glad I'm playing for a cool guy like you instead of some meanie like Larry Bowa.


hahahahaha.
theonetheonlypv
College Coach
College Coach

User avatar

Posts: 132
Joined: 7 Jun 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: CA

Postby BitterDodgerFan » Wed Aug 30, 2006 8:50 pm

looks like the finger problems are non-issue. good news.
Image
BitterDodgerFan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Posts: 6508
Joined: 18 Jan 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: City of Grigori

Postby Hobbes » Thu Aug 31, 2006 10:00 am

BitterDodgerFan wrote:looks like the finger problems are non-issue. good news.

Yep. An 8-inning win with a 1.13 ERA and .75 WHIP is fine with me.
Hobbes
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor


Posts: 403
Joined: 18 Apr 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball


Return to Injuries & Player Updates

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

Forums Articles & Tips Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Get Ready...
The 2015 MLB season starts in 14:22 hours
(and 91 days)

  • Fantasy Baseball
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact