kazmir to DL - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Injuries & Player Updates

kazmir to DL

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby KTM » Sat Aug 26, 2006 1:53 pm

Long term this is a good thing. He's had a great year no sense in messing up his future. Kazmir is one of my favorites. That stinks for those of you who were banking on him (myself included). But unless its Johan I treat every pitcher I've got on a start to start basis. Time to find some FA matchups!
KTM
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby johnsamo » Sat Aug 26, 2006 3:53 pm

I think, the greatest factor is, he's so young, we're out of it, why pack on the innings this year?
johnsamo
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby deerayfan072 » Sat Aug 26, 2006 6:02 pm

johnsamo wrote:I think, the greatest factor is, he's so young, we're out of it, why pack on the innings this year?

Agreed. He is our Ace and we will need him in the future. ALso, this gives us a chance to look at some of the younger guys, like Sorrenstine, Hammels, Howell maybe even Talbot.
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter
(Past Year: 31)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby sportsfan1433 » Sat Aug 26, 2006 10:28 pm

yea, im gonna drop him, it sounds like hes done for the year. :~(
sportsfan1433
General Manager
General Manager

Graphics ExpertEagle EyeWeb SupporterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby deerayfan072 » Sat Aug 26, 2006 10:42 pm

sportsfan1433 wrote:yea, im gonna drop him, it sounds like hes done for the year. :~(

I know how u feel i could use him for the playoffs, but like i said as a rays fan i am ok with it.
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter
(Past Year: 31)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby sportsfan1433 » Sun Aug 27, 2006 10:10 am

now sowers, and before street, my staff is falling apart.
sportsfan1433
General Manager
General Manager

Postby sox 06 » Sun Aug 27, 2006 10:15 am

This from CBS Sportsline:

News: The Devil Rays have noticed Scott Kazmir (shoulder) changing his arm slot, so they decided to shut him down. J.P. Howell will make his start Sunday and perhaps hold his rotation spot for the rest of the season. "Watching the last couple of outings, we're concerned he was starting to change his arm stroke a little bit," manager Joe Maddon told MLB.com. "We don't want to risk him doing anything improper by throwing in a different manner, so we decided at this point to DL him and try to calm that down as much as we can."

Analysis: Kazmir won't be helping Fantasy owners for the next two weeks at least and probably not the rest of the season. Ouch. He was going to be a integral part of a Fantasy championship. He says he would pitch through this if his team was in the race. "Right now, it's a good idea maybe to take some time to let this run its course and get rid of it completely," Kazmir told MLB.com. Yet another example of the risks of young pitching. You can't say we haven't warned you endlessly. Keep him stashed if you have room, just in case.
sox 06
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicEagle Eye

Postby s221506 » Sun Aug 27, 2006 5:01 pm

This seems to be somewhat encouraging, right?

From Tampa Bay Official site:

Kazmir is experiencing tightness in his left shoulder, an injury that placed him on the disabled list earlier this season, and caused him to throw from different arm slots. Kazmir said it had been taking him longer to warm up in the bullpen before games. Manager Joe Maddon said he doesn't know when Kazmir will begin throwing again, but he didn't expect it to be too long.

"I'd like him to get back to his normal routine," Maddon said. "I would like to see him pitch before the end of the season, but if he doesn't, it's not the end of the world. If it can happen, we want it to happen."

Maddon said that he and pitching coach Mike Butcher noticed Kazmir would sometimes drop to a lower arm angle while throwing in the bullpen, and when he took the mound during games. Both Kazmir and Maddon said that if Tampa Bay was in a pennant race, Kazmir would be able to pitch through the pain.

Sounds like he might make 2-4 more starts.
s221506
College Coach
College Coach

Postby sportsfan1433 » Sun Aug 27, 2006 7:33 pm

i wish he would just b done for the year so i can drop him, street if filling up my dl spot.
sportsfan1433
General Manager
General Manager

Postby iftn » Wed Aug 30, 2006 10:19 am

DevilDriver wrote:Pedro, Liriano, now Kazmir. :-t I really hope he gets some starts in during the playoffs. :-o

same for me.
iftn
College Coach
College Coach

PreviousNext

Return to Injuries & Player Updates