kazmir to DL - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Injuries & Player Updates

kazmir to DL

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Amazing Oopah » Sat Aug 26, 2006 8:19 am

ARGH :~(

And, yeah, sounds like they are going to shut him down for the year.

All these injury worries... sounds like Mets fans may not have to regret the trade much after all :-?
Amazing Oopah
General Manager
General Manager

Lucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown Survivor
(Past Year: 4)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby CT Smash » Sat Aug 26, 2006 8:57 am

Don't worry, we still regret it! It's not like Vic Zambrano is really helping us too much...
CT Smash
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Postby mgblues » Sat Aug 26, 2006 9:16 am

Old_Style wrote:
sportsguy138 wrote:
clevername wrote:son of a...

tell me about it..

that really sucks.. my team really needs kazmir :-C

and even though i traded for him to build for next year.. i am holding on to that last spot in the playoff race..

i'm in the same boat in one league :-/

Damnation!!! & my pitching staff suffers yet another blow. Oh well, I'm still keeping him for next year (for now anyway).
"It's 106 miles to Chicago... we've got a full tank of gas, 1/2 a pack of cigarettes, it's dark & we're wearing sunglasses...

Hit it."
mgblues
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Old_Style » Sat Aug 26, 2006 9:18 am

Amazing Oopah wrote:
All these injury worries... sounds like Mets fans may not have to regret the trade much after all :-?

i think i would rather have scott kazmir on my DL than victor zambrano on the hill anyday
Old_Style
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Krunk City King$ » Sat Aug 26, 2006 10:07 am

CT Smash wrote:Don't worry, we still regret it! It's not like Vic Zambrano is really helping us too much...

and that is part of the reason why the mets traded him in the first place.....they said that his mechanics would lead to injury.
Krunk City King$
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby The Loveable Losers » Sat Aug 26, 2006 10:48 am

The Mets were certainly right that Kazmir's motion could cause injury. That can be overblown though too...some people have arms that allow them to get away with bad mechanics while some people (Mark Prior) can have perfect mechanics and still have constant arm problems.

I'm not overly concerned about Kazmir's long-term prospects here. Honestly the DRays have no reason whatsoever to put any player on the field right now that's anything less than 100%. I like that they're being careful with their investment here. Then again, maybe I'm biased - I only have Kazmir in one league and it's a keeper. ;)
The Loveable Losers
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterWeb Supporter

Postby smoothcats13 » Sat Aug 26, 2006 10:50 am

I just traded for him in a trade that got processed today. Since he was put on the DL yesterday before processing, do I have any chance of getting the trade changed? I'm in a non-keeper private league, so our commish can do whatever the league votes on.
smoothcats13
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby The Loveable Losers » Sat Aug 26, 2006 11:10 am

smoothcats13 wrote:I just traded for him in a trade that got processed today. Since he was put on the DL yesterday before processing, do I have any chance of getting the trade changed? I'm in a non-keeper private league, so our commish can do whatever the league votes on.

Personally I don't think it should be reversed. It was not common knowledge (if it was known at all) that he would be going back on the DL at the time the trade was made. That's just the way it goes sometimes.
The Loveable Losers
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterWeb Supporter

Postby nathan050904 » Sat Aug 26, 2006 12:24 pm

K, let's not get too concerned here ok? First of all... If the D-Rays were anywhere near the playoff race I am sure he'd be still pitching... I think this is more of a chnace to rest him so that they don't risk injury... If I remember correctly they said that he could probably still pitch the first time he was put on the DL. I am not concerned about this infact I am happy. I like it when teams are cautious with arms esp. that of a guy like Kazmir.
nathan050904
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby nathan050904 » Sat Aug 26, 2006 12:29 pm

Infact to back up my point I just read this on the TB website:

"Watching the last couple of outings, we're concerned he was starting to change his arm stroke a little bit," manager Joe Maddon said. "We don't want to risk him doing anything improper by throwing in a different manner, so we decided at this point to DL him and try to calm that down as much as we can."

Kazmir said he has not felt anything wrong when he's been pitching, but that Maddon and the coaching staff have alerted him that he's been throwing from a different arm angle during his starts.

"Sometimes the arm slot's starting to vary a little bit, which means compensation," Maddon said. "And that's not good. We just don't want to take that chance. ... We just thought it was the right thing to do at this moment."

Kazmir noted that if his team was in contention for a playoff spot, he would be able to continue pitching, but said he was fine with the team's decision to protect his arm.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So I guess this is bad news for owners who are in the playoff race this year but, for people like me who are rebuilding in a dynasty league and are counting on Kaz for many years to come it's not really that bad. I mean it's not like I am going to win anything this year.
nathan050904
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

PreviousNext

Return to Injuries & Player Updates