Branyan traded, Upton everyday & Delmon callup eminent? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Branyan traded, Upton everyday & Delmon callup eminent?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby hybrid » Sat Aug 26, 2006 12:45 pm

deerayfan072 wrote:
scr wrote:If Delmon gets moved to the Marlins, nobody in DRay land has to worry any more about his attitude.

Is there talk of him going to the Marlins? I haven't heard anything about that. I could see them trading delmon for Pitching.

It's what he heard from a friend (which would never happen IMO), anyways it's in the MLB rumors thread now.
hybrid
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby scr » Sat Aug 26, 2006 12:49 pm

Delmon and Dukes to the Marlins for Olsen, Petit and Kensing. Rumor only now, but me thinks it makes alot of sense. Could happen before the rosters expand.
scr
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby deerayfan072 » Sat Aug 26, 2006 1:27 pm

scr wrote:Delmon and Dukes to the Marlins for Olsen, Petit and Kensing. Rumor only now, but me thinks it makes alot of sense. Could happen before the rosters expand.

So both young stud for those 3? I like olsen and kensing, but i would not give up those 2 for that.
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter
(Past Year: 31)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby TonyCee » Sat Aug 26, 2006 3:04 pm

scr wrote:Delmon and Dukes to the Marlins for Olsen, Petit and Kensing. Rumor only now, but me thinks it makes alot of sense. Could happen before the rosters expand.

Unless I'm missing something I don't see how any of those guys would make it through Waivers?
TonyCee
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby deerayfan072 » Sat Aug 26, 2006 3:16 pm

TonyCee wrote:

Unless I'm missing something I don't see how any of those guys would make it through Waivers?

yea :-? must be an offseason thing? :-? :-?
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby scr » Sat Aug 26, 2006 6:04 pm

Dukes & Young shouldn't have to clear waivers, and since Tampa had one of the league's worst records last year, they would get waiver priority on these guys anyway.
scr
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby deerayfan072 » Sat Aug 26, 2006 6:11 pm

scr wrote:Dukes & Young shouldn't have to clear waivers, and since Tampa had one of the league's worst records last year, they would get waiver priority on these guys anyway.

For a trade to happen this year, they would have to clear waivers thats how trades work after the deadline. Anyone with a worse record than the Marlins at this moment could grab them, and that is a lot of teams. Teams could do it just to block the trade also, which happens a lot. For example, the Rays were going to claim the Balt player that was in the trade for Javy lopez, thats why they are waiting to trade him til after the year so lopez stays on the red sox.
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby scr » Sat Aug 26, 2006 6:39 pm

Since Young and Dukes are not on the major league roster, I did not think they needed to clear waivers....and Tampa would be able to claim the Marlin players with their waiver priority. Not sure if I'm right though.
scr
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby deerayfan072 » Sat Aug 26, 2006 6:40 pm

scr wrote:Since Young and Dukes are not on the major league roster, I did not think they needed to clear waivers....and Tampa would be able to claim the Marlin players with their waiver priority. Not sure if I'm right though.

ANyone traded right now has to clear waivers, yes they could but Marlins could not claim the Tampa players.
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Hobbes » Sun Aug 27, 2006 12:25 am

It doesn't matter what Tampa's waiver priority would be. IIRC, any Marlins players would have to go unclaimed by every team in the NL before they would be available to teams in the AL. No way that would happen.
Hobbes
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers