September Callups (Merged) - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

September Callups (Merged)

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Havok1517 » Fri Aug 25, 2006 5:11 pm

Yoda wrote:
norton17 wrote:This list is going to look pretty ugly then?

If Andrew Miller gets called up, then I would claim him. He is near the top on my prospect pitching list. He'll most likely pitch out of the pen so he won't help you this year but he's going to be studly.

Its in his contract that he has to be called up in Sept.
Havok1517
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe Writer
(Past Year: 134)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby oddmanout7 » Fri Aug 25, 2006 5:11 pm

I think Andrew Miller has a September callup built into his contract so he should be up as a reliever.

I doubt Bailey will be called up although there was some speculation earlier.

As for bats, I don't see an impact guy coming up that already isn't in the yahoo database. Delmon young is looking like a call up, but other than him and Chris Young i doubt we'll see a top prospect.
oddmanout7
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Postby Havok1517 » Fri Aug 25, 2006 5:18 pm

oddmanout7 wrote:I think Andrew Miller has a September callup built into his contract so he should be up as a reliever.

As for bats, I don't see an impact guy coming up that already isn't in the yahoo database. Delmon young is looking like a call up, but other than him and Chris Young i doubt we'll see a top prospect.

latest on Homer Bailey...

Homer Bailey-S- Reds Aug. 24 - 3:20 pm et

Double-A Chattanooga's Homer Bailey moved to 6-0 by throwing five scoreless innings on Wednesday.

Reds GM Wayne Krivsky said this week that he hasn't ruled out bringing Bailey up in September. However, unless there's a clear need, he's expected to remain at Chattanooga through the end of the minor league season and into the playoffs. rotoworld
Last edited by Havok1517 on Fri Aug 25, 2006 6:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Havok1517
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe Writer

Postby Yoda » Fri Aug 25, 2006 6:00 pm

Havok1517 wrote:
oddmanout7 wrote:I think Andrew Miller has a September callup built into his contract so he should be up as a reliever.

latest on Homer Bailey...

Homer Bailey-S- Reds Aug. 24 - 3:20 pm et

Double-A Chattanooga's Homer Bailey moved to 6-0 by throwing five scoreless innings on Wednesday.

Reds GM Wayne Krivsky said this week that he hasn't ruled out bringing Bailey up in September. However, unless there's a clear need, he's expected to remain at Chattanooga through the end of the minor league season and into the playoffs.

Could be interesting if he gets called up. Walks are a bit high but could do very well initially.
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Postby raiders_umpire » Fri Aug 25, 2006 6:13 pm

I think Chris Young will be the last highly ranked minor league hitter to be called up this year. As far as pitching, Miller is guaranteed a call up, but I think the Yanks and Reds will hold Hughes and Bailey down just to keep their innings in line for this year.
raiders_umpire

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby blankman » Fri Aug 25, 2006 6:13 pm

Hughes is a definate no.
blankman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby Havok1517 » Fri Aug 25, 2006 6:17 pm

I'm not sure what the Reds will do if they have a 1 game lead with say 1 game left. They basically have 3 starters right now Harang, Arroyo, & Lohse (So happy with how he's pitched). I would not want Milton or Michalak pitching in a determining game.
Havok1517
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe Writer

Postby bigken117 » Sat Aug 26, 2006 12:02 am

Popular consensus is that the Reds have to at least have Bailey pitch meaningful innings out of the pen at least because he's better than....anyone else they have. And playing for the playoffs, you do what you can. I can't fault that logic. I'd love to see him up.

I doubt Hughes gets the call...

Like RUMP said, I think Chris Young is the last upper echelon bat to see a call up. I don't think we'll see Wood. And anyone talking about seeing any bat that's in A ball needs their head examined. I've seen threads thinking Maybin and Upton should get called up :-o

Jacoby Ellsbury - Sponsored by the Fantasy Baseball Cafe!

Play Pick 3!

Follow the Cafe on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook
bigken117
Bouncer
Bouncer

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 248)

Postby Another Blown Save » Sat Aug 26, 2006 12:46 am

Zack Greinke
Justin Huber
Kendry Morales
Dan Johnson
Delmon Young
Felix Pie
Yusmeiro Petit
Matt Kemp
Anthony Reyes

I think those players might be called up and have a impact in 07
Mat Latos - Sponsored by the Fantasy Baseball Cafe!
Another Blown Save
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby Havok1517 » Sat Aug 26, 2006 1:17 am

I wonder if Adam Miller (Cle) or Greg Miller (LAD) will be callups? Adam Miller has been fantastic of late and was once a top 5 prospect arm. Greg Miller was as well but got sidelined and has really found a niche as an overpowering reliever. I'd much rather have Greg Miller than Elmer Dessens pitching in relief. Both Millers could be sleepers next year since they appear to be returning to their once elite status. I think Greg could help the Dodgers right now.
Havok1517
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe Writer

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers