Postby CaMeroN CraZie » Thu Aug 24, 2006 7:38 pm

Should I pick him up?
http://fantasybaseballcafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=225225
CaMeroN CraZie
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby jake_harv88 » Thu Aug 24, 2006 9:34 pm

helton on the waivers??? whats that a 8 team league??
jake_harv88
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterWeb Supporter
(Past Year: 25)

Postby Sensei » Fri Aug 25, 2006 12:12 am

Wrong forum, but yes. Horribly disappointing year again, but August is his best month, and he's still good.
"I've failed over and over again in my life. And that is why I succeed." - Michael Jordan
Sensei
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby rainman23 » Fri Aug 25, 2006 5:21 pm

This isn't an enormous shock. If somebody actually HAD Helton on their roster in an 8 team league, THAT would be shocking. If you've had Helton on your team all year and haven't considered dumping him, then you're not paying attention.

That said...sure, if you've got a roster position to spare, he's worth a flyer. I've been waiting for him for four months, so I can't fault someone for waiting for him for four weeks.
rainman23
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Sensei » Sat Aug 26, 2006 3:10 am

rainman23 wrote:This isn't an enormous shock. If somebody actually HAD Helton on their roster in an 8 team league, THAT would be shocking. If you've had Helton on your team all year and haven't considered dumping him, then you're not paying attention.

That said...sure, if you've got a roster position to spare, he's worth a flyer. I've been waiting for him for four months, so I can't fault someone for waiting for him for four weeks.

I've had him all year without thinking that, and I pay very close attention. Anyone who saw his 2nd half last year knows that you dump him, you'll regret it. For instance, 4/4 with a walk, 1 RBI, and 3 R's tonight....he's over .300 again....
"I've failed over and over again in my life. And that is why I succeed." - Michael Jordan
Sensei
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby avsfan4ever33 » Sat Aug 26, 2006 1:48 pm

Of course you pick him up. He isn't a power hitter anymore but still will hit for average and get his share of RBIs and Rs. If you are in an OBP league even better.
avsfan4ever33
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby rainman23 » Sat Aug 26, 2006 5:00 pm

Sensei wrote:
rainman23 wrote:This isn't an enormous shock. If somebody actually HAD Helton on their roster in an 8 team league, THAT would be shocking. If you've had Helton on your team all year and haven't considered dumping him, then you're not paying attention.

I've had him all year without thinking that, and I pay very close attention. Anyone who saw his 2nd half last year knows that you dump him, you'll regret it. For instance, 4/4 with a walk, 1 RBI, and 3 R's tonight....he's over .300 again....

Interesting. I had him last year, too, and his second half made me a believer again. That's why I got back in line this year for discount Helton. Not next year, though. If he catches fire the rest of the way you still won't be able to compare this year to last. It's much, much later, and still barely a sign of life. I hope your confidence is correct, and his last month makes it worth the spot on my roster I've wasted with him all year.
rainman23
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Sensei » Sun Aug 27, 2006 2:58 am

I know where you're at...he used to be my boy, now he's hardly worth having with all the most quality 1B's out there.
Sensei
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Return to Injuries & Player Updates