Another Alex Gordon thread - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Minor League & College Baseball

Another Alex Gordon thread

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby eazyb81 » Mon Aug 28, 2006 6:16 pm

The Loveable Losers wrote:
master453 wrote:gordon is getting ridiculous at AA. absolutely killing the ball lately. .374/10hr in august. .350/20hr since the break.

i think its pretty clear he's mastered wichita. come on royals move him up to AAA already. though its not going to happen i'd like to see him added to the 40man and in kc in sept, but i dont get letting him sit at AA all year...

While I don't mind them taking their time with him this is definitely true. The only reason I can think of to keep him at AA is because they want to keep Wichita's team competitive. :)

What's the point in promoting Gordon to AAA right now? They have like 5 games left, while Wichita has a legit chance at winning the Texas League Championship. Seems like a no-brainer to keep him in AA the rest of this year and start him in AAA or KC next year.
eazyb81
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: At Kauffman Stadium wearing a paper bag over my head.

Postby The Loveable Losers » Mon Aug 28, 2006 7:20 pm

eazyb81 wrote:
The Loveable Losers wrote:
master453 wrote:gordon is getting ridiculous at AA. absolutely killing the ball lately. .374/10hr in august. .350/20hr since the break.

i think its pretty clear he's mastered wichita. come on royals move him up to AAA already. though its not going to happen i'd like to see him added to the 40man and in kc in sept, but i dont get letting him sit at AA all year...

While I don't mind them taking their time with him this is definitely true. The only reason I can think of to keep him at AA is because they want to keep Wichita's team competitive. :)

What's the point in promoting Gordon to AAA right now? They have like 5 games left, while Wichita has a legit chance at winning the Texas League Championship. Seems like a no-brainer to keep him in AA the rest of this year and start him in AAA or KC next year.

That's what my point was...there's no reason to keep him in AA based on his skills but they can certainly keep him there to help Wichita compete.
The Loveable Losers
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterWeb Supporter
Home Cafe: Baseball

Previous

Return to Minor League & College Baseball