Another Alex Gordon thread - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Another Alex Gordon thread

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby mcqfesijiba » Fri Aug 25, 2006 5:56 pm

Havok1517 wrote:I envision he'll have a similar debut as Zimmerman did and start next season as the KC 3B. Though, I doubt he gets called up.
I seem to remember hearing that the KC GM intends for Gordon to have some AAA time before he makes the majors, but that was from at least a month back and I do not have a link, so take it for what it's worth. And even if it is true, just because a GM says something, doesn't mean it's going to play out that way.
mcqfesijiba
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby hybrid » Sat Aug 26, 2006 9:53 am

mcqfesijiba wrote:
Havok1517 wrote:I envision he'll have a similar debut as Zimmerman did and start next season as the KC 3B. Though, I doubt he gets called up.
I seem to remember hearing that the KC GM intends for Gordon to have some AAA time before he makes the majors, but that was from at least a month back and I do not have a link, so take it for what it's worth. And even if it is true, just because a GM says something, doesn't mean it's going to play out that way.

Yep, the Royals have said he will defiantly spend time in AAA first. Also there really is no point to bringing him up right now, Teahen seems to be holding it down well and they would have to change one of their positions for both to get any solid PT.
hybrid
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert

Postby sportsguy138 » Sat Aug 26, 2006 1:07 pm

oddmanout7 wrote:Does anyone know where Teahne is going to move to? Alex Gordon looks to oust Teahen next year, but Teahen's recent revival makes me think he will stick around, I just don't know where.

i heard that if gordon gets the call next year teahen will be moved to OF... from commentators on last nights game
sportsguy138
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 407)

Postby Havok1517 » Sat Aug 26, 2006 3:45 pm

rotoworld Alex Gordon-3B-Royals Aug. 26 - 2:26 pm et

Alex Gordon went 2-for-4 and homered in a second straight game Friday for Double-A Wichita.

Gordon could have been in Triple-A months ago. He's batting .356 with 18 homers and 56 RBI in 50 games since the beginning of July. The Royals weren't planning on calling him up next month, but there's still a chance they could reconsider.

probably not
Havok1517
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe Writer
(Past Year: 103)

Postby dorje3 » Sat Aug 26, 2006 6:27 pm

Yoda wrote:If it is a keeper league and you already have him, you would be crazy to give him up. He is the clear #1 prospect in the minors IMO.

Has he played in the minors yet? Just wondering b/c I was under the impression that he has only played college ball.
dorje3
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby deerayfan072 » Sat Aug 26, 2006 6:38 pm

dorje3 wrote:
Yoda wrote:If it is a keeper league and you already have him, you would be crazy to give him up. He is the clear #1 prospect in the minors IMO.

Has he played in the minors yet? Just wondering b/c I was under the impression that he has only played college ball.

He has been in the minors all year
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter
(Past Year: 60)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby dorje3 » Sat Aug 26, 2006 7:29 pm

deerayfan072 wrote:
dorje3 wrote:

Right. Not sure how I missed that. Will they have him play in AAA next season, or start him off in the the majors right off the the bat. His numbers are impressive to say the least.
dorje3
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby deerayfan072 » Sat Aug 26, 2006 7:47 pm

dorje3 wrote:
deerayfan072 wrote:
dorje3 wrote:

Right. Not sure how I missed that. Will they have him play in AAA next season, or start him off in the the majors right off the the bat. His numbers are impressive to say the least.

The royals are on record saying he will not skip AAA.....but it is anyones guess
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter
(Past Year: 60)
Home Cafe: Football

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers