100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Another Alex Gordon thread

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Another Alex Gordon thread

Postby Surfs up » Thu Aug 24, 2006 5:15 pm

Just got this from Rototimes:
Alex Gordon (3B)
8/24: General manager Dayton Moore said that the Royals will not call up Alex Gordon in September, according to the official team website. If the Royals were to promote him, they would have to add him to their 40-man roster, which would start the clock on Gordon's major league service time.

I have him on my minor league reserve. I am actually hoping he doesn't start the season with the Royals.I can protect him as a minor leaguer at the start of the season. This would allow me to keep another one of my 2006 12 team AL only winning players. I am going to have trouble figuring out who to keep. I know nice problem. Anybody close to the Royals think he will start in the minors in 2007?
Surfs up
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 195)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Kingctb27 » Thu Aug 24, 2006 5:24 pm

I agree as well, I already have A-Ram on my dynasty team. I would love to protect him in my minor league system so I can keep someone like A. Sanchez and see if he can get it together. ;-D
Kingctb27
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Eagle EyeLucky Ladders Champion

Postby Yoda » Thu Aug 24, 2006 5:47 pm

If it is a keeper league and you already have him, you would be crazy to give him up. He is the clear #1 prospect in the minors IMO.
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Postby Havok1517 » Thu Aug 24, 2006 6:23 pm

I envision he'll have a similar debut as Zimmerman did and start next season as the KC 3B. Though, I doubt he gets called up.
Havok1517
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe Writer
(Past Year: 122)

Postby Surfs up » Thu Aug 24, 2006 6:26 pm

Oh yeah its a keeper. He will be one of my 11 keepers if he starts in the majors next year.But I hope he starts in the minors to be ablse to protect another one of my players.
Surfs up
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 195)

Postby raiders_umpire » Thu Aug 24, 2006 7:23 pm

This is actually great news for my main keeper league. I have already had enough players graduate from my farm system(Hermida, Garza, Verlander, Kendrick) this year and the worse news is I can only keep 1 of them.
raiders_umpire

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby oddmanout7 » Thu Aug 24, 2006 7:36 pm

Does anyone know where Teahne is going to move to? Alex Gordon looks to oust Teahen next year, but Teahen's recent revival makes me think he will stick around, I just don't know where.
oddmanout7
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Postby Havok1517 » Thu Aug 24, 2006 7:58 pm

oddmanout7 wrote:Does anyone know where Teahne is going to move to? Alex Gordon looks to oust Teahen next year, but Teahen's recent revival makes me think he will stick around, I just don't know where.

Maybe, just maybe they do this when Sweeney & Sanders leave...

C Buck
1B Shealy
2B Teahen
SS Grundz
3B Gordon
RF Dejesus
CF Gathright
LF Huber
DH Butler
Util Berroa

I still hate the Grundz (36 years old) signing for 2 years 8 million on KC. His bat has declined every year. He's on pace to win AL 2B Gold Glove this year but he'll be 38 when his contract is up. I think Sanders gets traded before Sept 1st this year. I don't know why Sweeney hasn't been cut. He only takes up a roster space most of the time.
Havok1517
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe Writer
(Past Year: 122)

Postby PyRo8 » Thu Aug 24, 2006 9:15 pm

Havok1517 wrote:
oddmanout7 wrote:Does anyone know where Teahne is going to move to? Alex Gordon looks to oust Teahen next year, but Teahen's recent revival makes me think he will stick around, I just don't know where.

Maybe, just maybe they do this when Sweeney & Sanders leave...

C Buck
1B Shealy
2B Teahen
SS Grundz
3B Gordon
RF Dejesus
CF Gathright
LF Huber
DH Butler
Util Berroa

I still hate the Grundz (36 years old) signing for 2 years 8 million on KC. His bat has declined every year. He's on pace to win AL 2B Gold Glove this year but he'll be 38 when his contract is up. I think Sanders gets traded before Sept 1st this year. I don't know why Sweeney hasn't been cut. He only takes up a roster space most of the time.

lol i cant wait to c that royals lineup in action
PyRo8
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Football

Postby oddmanout7 » Thu Aug 24, 2006 9:26 pm

Well the lineup shouldn't be all that bad, but their pitching is another story...
oddmanout7
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers