Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby teddy ballgame » Sat Aug 26, 2006 10:41 am

Omaha Red Sox wrote:
citybirds27 wrote:
Omaha Red Sox wrote:
citybirds27 wrote::-/

What did you expect CB? :-b

Well the football side took it as a joke, not what these guys are

Each side responds differently. I posted the story about the 10 year old abductee on both sides too. I think the baseball side posted a whole 3 times in response to it, while the lightside went to 2 pages.

I've gotten the impression that the light side is much more laid back. I tend to like the atmosphere better over there.
teddy ballgame
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby go_jays_go » Sat Aug 26, 2006 11:31 am

teddy ballgame wrote:
Omaha Red Sox wrote:
citybirds27 wrote:
Omaha Red Sox wrote:

Each side responds differently. I posted the story about the 10 year old abductee on both sides too. I think the baseball side posted a whole 3 times in response to it, while the lightside went to 2 pages.

I've gotten the impression that the light side is much more laid back. I tend to like the atmosphere better over there.

Maybe you should be staying there then. :-?
go_jays_go
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Simulacrum » Sat Aug 26, 2006 11:48 am

Hey man, don't take it personally... we've just seen that kind of stuff before and learned to be weary of it.

The only one of those that EVER got me almost had me crapping my pants. It was the one about the car commercial being filmed where they tell you to watch the shadow the car makes very closely, because there's some sort of ghostly presence.. and then this giant zombie jumps out.

That one got me. I learned. Be weary of set-ups like that. :-b
2008 Cafeholics Pond Scum Champion
Future Champion of 2009 Cafeholics Masters
Simulacrum
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Chief Pixel PusherCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberWeb Supporter

Postby Omaha Red Sox » Sat Aug 26, 2006 11:55 am

go_jays_go wrote:
teddy ballgame wrote:
Omaha Red Sox wrote:
citybirds27 wrote:
Omaha Red Sox wrote:

Come on now, he's just making an observation. That observation has nothing to do with the majority of the members of the darkside. Each side has its qualities, not to mention the individual sports each focuses on. It's fun to have the Cafe Challenges and joke around about which side is better, but lets not take it serious. It's all in good fun. I like just as many guys here as I do there. Until you spend an adequate amount of time on each side, I think you'd be making a premature comment if you were to discriminate one way or the other.
Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 7)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby teddy ballgame » Sat Aug 26, 2006 12:05 pm

go_jays_go wrote:
teddy ballgame wrote:
Omaha Red Sox wrote:
citybirds27 wrote:
Omaha Red Sox wrote:

Maybe it's just an observation and not a big deal. Thanks for helping make my point though. ;-D
teddy ballgame
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby go_jays_go » Sat Aug 26, 2006 12:12 pm

Omaha Red Sox wrote:
go_jays_go wrote:
teddy ballgame wrote:
Omaha Red Sox wrote:
citybirds27 wrote:
Omaha Red Sox wrote:

Come on now, he's just making an observation. That observation has nothing to do with the majority of the members of the darkside. Each side has its qualities, not to mention the individual sports each focuses on. It's fun to have the Cafe Challenges and joke around about which side is better, but lets not take it serious. It's all in good fun. I like just as many guys here as I do there. Until you spend an adequate amount of time on each side, I think you'd be making a premature comment if you were to discriminate one way or the other.

My comment was probably taken the wrong way as I didn't mean to cut him up in any way, though to express a comment like that is, like you said premature because he hasn't experienced as much as other members have here at the Cafe and I just think it wasn't necessary to call out a Cafe like that. No biggie, I'm just a huge Cafe homer. :-b ;-D
go_jays_go
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Omaha Red Sox » Sat Aug 26, 2006 12:30 pm

go_jays_go wrote:
Omaha Red Sox wrote:
go_jays_go wrote:
teddy ballgame wrote:
Omaha Red Sox wrote:
citybirds27 wrote:
Omaha Red Sox wrote:

My comment was probably taken the wrong way as I didn't mean to cut him up in any way, though to express a comment like that is, like you said premature because he hasn't experienced as much as other members have here at the Cafe and I just think it wasn't necessary to call out a Cafe like that. No biggie, I'm just a huge Cafe homer. :-b ;-D

Actually, my comments were geared more towards CB than you GJG. I know him from the lightside so I believe he was kidding. No one knows him over here yet, so they might not take it as lightly as I would. Gotta use those emoticons CB. ;-D
Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 7)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby go_jays_go » Sat Aug 26, 2006 12:35 pm

teddy ballgame wrote:Maybe it's just an observation and not a big deal. Thanks for helping make my point though. ;-D

Observation or not, you shouldn't be calling out a Cafe like that in their own place. I have nothing against you TB, I guess I just took your comment the wrong way. :-°
go_jays_go
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby teddy ballgame » Sat Aug 26, 2006 12:37 pm

go_jays_go wrote:
Omaha Red Sox wrote:
go_jays_go wrote:
teddy ballgame wrote:
Omaha Red Sox wrote:
citybirds27 wrote:
Omaha Red Sox wrote:

I wasn't calling out the dark side. I'm just saying in the time I've spent at the light side, people seem more friendly. Means nothing about you, or other individual posters, as like ORS said I like a lot of people here...but in general I've noticed that. I don't really think it's fair to call it premature either. Maybe you don't have the same opinion, but just because I haven't been here as long as you doesn't mean that's not my experience.
teddy ballgame
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby teddy ballgame » Sat Aug 26, 2006 12:39 pm

go_jays_go wrote:
teddy ballgame wrote:Maybe it's just an observation and not a big deal. Thanks for helping make my point though. ;-D

Observation or not, you shouldn't be calling out a Cafe like that in their own place. I have nothing against you TB, I guess I just took your comment the wrong way. :-°

I probably took yours the wrong way too, but either way saying the atmosphere at the light side is better, shouldn't be taken as calling this place out. It's just an opinion.
teddy ballgame
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk