Bye Bye Pluto - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Bye Bye Pluto

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby slomo007 » Thu Aug 24, 2006 1:58 pm

So now what good are the tiny styrofoam balls that serve no purpose besides solar system models for elementary school students everywhere?
slomo007
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicEagle Eye
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Madison » Thu Aug 24, 2006 3:08 pm

I bet Pluto sues for size discrimination, and wins in today's day and age of dumb lawsuits. :-b

Maybe they figure kids will get higher test scores having one less "planet" to learn......

:-b
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby 1337_Dude » Thu Aug 24, 2006 4:57 pm

Sigh. Next thing you know woman are going to be able to vote...boy these times they are a changing.

Pluto we'll always remember you :~(
1337_Dude
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Coppermine » Thu Aug 24, 2006 5:04 pm

Coppermine wrote:
RugbyD wrote:
Coppermine wrote:This is slightly, but not completely, off topic... is Pluto really a planet?

Depends on who you ask. new wave thinking says no, but newnew wave thinking says there may be moons around Pluto.

I thought they recently discovered a "moon" around Pluto, but some scientists claim it can't even be classified a moon because they're like 30 miles in diameter.

Did you know that the scientific name for our moon is 'moon.' Real original you astronomer dorks.

My $0.02... I don't think Pluto should be a planet anymore, but can remain so only because of the condition which exists from "my very energetic mother just served us nine."

I mean, the whole thing's nothing without the pizzas.

This is from a thread posted Nov 7, 2005.

BUMP!

http://www.fantasybaseballcafe.com/foru ... highlight=
If you're a battery, you're either working or you're dead....
Coppermine
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Pokeyouindaeye » Thu Aug 24, 2006 5:41 pm

Tavish wrote:Good job by the astronomers. I never did care for Pluto much. In school we always made fun of it because all the other planets like Mars, Jupiter, Saturn and Neptune got their names from Mythological Gods but Pluto got named after the stupid Disney dog. The next one they need to wipe off is Uranus.

I could have sworn Pluto was supposed to be the Roman allegory for Hades, the Greek god of the underworld...
Yes, I was, uh... I was thinking about ordering the tape, the videotape... about the college girls and the... the wild... the wildness. They're going wild or something? Somebody told me... about going wild.
-Larry David
Pokeyouindaeye
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 6)

Postby acsguitar » Thu Aug 24, 2006 6:07 pm

So what is Pluto now??

A rock? Does it lose its name? Do we just pretend its not there anymore?

Its dead to us
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby The Artful Dodger » Thu Aug 24, 2006 6:15 pm

Pokeyouindaeye wrote:
Tavish wrote:Good job by the astronomers. I never did care for Pluto much. In school we always made fun of it because all the other planets like Mars, Jupiter, Saturn and Neptune got their names from Mythological Gods but Pluto got named after the stupid Disney dog. The next one they need to wipe off is Uranus.

I could have sworn Pluto was supposed to be the Roman allegory for Hades, the Greek god of the underworld...

You would've won the Random Quiz with that answer. :-b

ACS, we'll just pretend Pluto has been sucked into that Pink Taco astronomers call the Black Hole.

It's kinda like the Old Cafe - http://fbc2.freeforums.net
The Artful Dodger
Chief Wikitect
Chief Wikitect

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 670)

Postby Tavish » Thu Aug 24, 2006 8:03 pm

Pokeyouindaeye wrote:

I'm pretty sure it is too, but the joke doesn't work that way. ;-D

Bury me a Royal.
Tavish
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterWeb Supporter
(Past Year: 25)

Postby Madison » Fri Aug 25, 2006 1:59 am

Coppermine wrote:
Coppermine wrote:
RugbyD wrote:
Coppermine wrote:This is slightly, but not completely, off topic... is Pluto really a planet?

Depends on who you ask. new wave thinking says no, but newnew wave thinking says there may be moons around Pluto.

I thought they recently discovered a "moon" around Pluto, but some scientists claim it can't even be classified a moon because they're like 30 miles in diameter.

Did you know that the scientific name for our moon is 'moon.' Real original you astronomer dorks.

My $0.02... I don't think Pluto should be a planet anymore, but can remain so only because of the condition which exists from "my very energetic mother just served us nine."

BUMP!

Something that stuck out to me:

No different than calling a fly a fly. Genius at work right there in both cases. :-b ;-D
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby Coppermine » Fri Aug 25, 2006 7:54 am

Madison wrote:
Coppermine wrote:
Coppermine wrote:
RugbyD wrote:

BUMP!

Something that stuck out to me:

No different than calling a fly a fly. Genius at work right there in both cases. :-b ;-D

Yeah, but a fly isn't a fly... there are different kinds of flies, each with ridiculously difficult to pronounce scientific names; I can understand the naming conventions as a way of keeping the terminology universal.

For instance, all flies in science are actually called Diptera; the most common known as the House fly (Musca domestica).
If you're a battery, you're either working or you're dead....
Coppermine
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk