Reality TV -- Crazier Than Ever - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Reality TV -- Crazier Than Ever

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Pogotheostrich » Thu Aug 24, 2006 10:58 am

Omaha Red Sox wrote:I seriously just can't believe this is being allowed. How can anyone think that this is a good idea?

Allowed? It's a Reality TV show. They use gimics all the time to boost ratings. No one seems to throw a fit last year when they were divided by old men, young men, old women, and young women. I really think people are overreacting.
Pogotheostrich
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 272)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby acsguitar » Thu Aug 24, 2006 11:05 am

The Events?:

Blacks vs. Whites in Basketball

Asians vs. Mexicans in Math

Mexicans vs. Everyone in manual labor

Everyone vs Whites in Dancing

Yea this sounds like a good idea :-t

BTW those events are a joke
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby Omaha Red Sox » Thu Aug 24, 2006 11:24 am

Pogotheostrich wrote:
Omaha Red Sox wrote:I seriously just can't believe this is being allowed. How can anyone think that this is a good idea?

Allowed? It's a Reality TV show. They use gimics all the time to boost ratings. No one seems to throw a fit last year when they were divided by old men, young men, old women, and young women. I really think people are overreacting.

Tell me how this is a good idea, in the least bit. They're trying to find out who's the better race now? Who's faster, stronger, smarter? That's insane! People are going to get angry.
Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 4)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Dan Lambskin » Thu Aug 24, 2006 11:34 am

Omaha Red Sox wrote:
Pogotheostrich wrote:

Tell me how this is a good idea, in the least bit. They're trying to find out who's the better race now? Who's faster, stronger, smarter? That's insane! People are going to get angry.

not if this girl is one of the contestants ;-7

Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby acsguitar » Thu Aug 24, 2006 11:41 am

Dan Lambskin wrote:
Omaha Red Sox wrote:
Pogotheostrich wrote:

not if this girl is one of the contestants ;-7

[img][/img]

That gif is killing my browser
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby Mugrila » Thu Aug 24, 2006 11:49 am

I've basically given up on TV at this point in my life. I'll watch espn occasionally but I don't even like that all the time. :-/
Mugrila
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Champion

Postby acsguitar » Thu Aug 24, 2006 11:50 am

Mugrila wrote:I've basically given up on TV at this point in my life. I'll watch espn occasionally but I don't even like that all the time. :-/

I don't watch much tv most of it is total crap.

My gf watches sex in the city all the time. man those women are wenches
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby Pogotheostrich » Thu Aug 24, 2006 12:10 pm

Omaha Red Sox wrote:
Pogotheostrich wrote:

Who said it was a good idea? It is a T.V. show, if people are offended they don't have to watch.
Pogotheostrich
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 272)

Postby Art Vandelay » Thu Aug 24, 2006 12:34 pm

I don't watch much TV, and I've never seen an episode of survivor, but at least we'll finally be able to find out who is the master race.
Art Vandelay
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby The Artful Dodger » Thu Aug 24, 2006 1:23 pm

I stopped watching Survivor after that tax-evading Richard Hatch won the first one.

As for the tribes separated by race, well, I think it's meant to provoke ratings, and provoke people's thoughts along the well. I tend to believe people these days think it's taboo to talk about racial relations especially given our country's history. The show has the potential to offend people on so many levels, but so many folks are so touchy feely about matters over race anyway. It's just a TV show. No one will force you to watch it, but yourself at your own discretion.

I don't watch that much TV either except for sports or Prime Time shows...or my beloved wrestling. :-D

It's kinda like the Old Cafe - http://fbc2.freeforums.net
The Artful Dodger
Chief Wikitect
Chief Wikitect

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 670)

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk