Return to General Talk

Pink Taco Stadium

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Madison » Fri Aug 25, 2006 1:20 pm

Coppermine wrote:
Dan Lambskin wrote:
Coppermine wrote:I just realized that my toilet paper discussion is gone :,-(

That was a very important topic to me.

:-? why? what was wrong with it? the Lightside had a Do You Crumple or Fold thread

There was nothing wrong with it; perhaps it wasn't in good taste, but I'd hardly say the hottest chick thread is in good taste either (giggity, giggity).

Regardless, there was nothing in there they didn't discuss on Nickelodeon when I was a kid. Plus I started the thread specifically to liven things up in here as they've gotten a little dull, or more specifically, there just hasn't been as many new threads.

Besides, it is "general talk" and toilet paper is about as general as you can get. I understand not wanting this to become like Yahoo message boards, because they're horrible with the non-censorship... but I also hope it's not becoming a Ned Flanders board either.

The biggest problem with everything is that people assume things ;-) . You assume the thread was fine and there was no reason to remove it. Doesn't make it true, as while I know quite a few of us spend tons of time on the boards, no one person can sit and watch all threads 24 hours a day, so no one knows what winds up posted when they are not here. The fact it took you this long to notice it was gone should prove that. ;-)

Anyway, the thread took a bad turn, wasn't going to get any better, and had quite a few posts that would have needed to be removed, so rather than remove specific posts, the mod (not me) decided it was better to just remove the whole discussion. The mod who removed it made a judgement call, and don't see a big problem with that. ;-D
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Coppermine » Fri Aug 25, 2006 1:51 pm

Madison wrote:
Coppermine wrote:
Dan Lambskin wrote:

:-? why? what was wrong with it? the Lightside had a Do You Crumple or Fold thread

There was nothing wrong with it; perhaps it wasn't in good taste, but I'd hardly say the hottest chick thread is in good taste either (giggity, giggity).

Regardless, there was nothing in there they didn't discuss on Nickelodeon when I was a kid. Plus I started the thread specifically to liven things up in here as they've gotten a little dull, or more specifically, there just hasn't been as many new threads.

Besides, it is "general talk" and toilet paper is about as general as you can get. I understand not wanting this to become like Yahoo message boards, because they're horrible with the non-censorship... but I also hope it's not becoming a Ned Flanders board either.

The biggest problem with everything is that people assume things ;-) . You assume the thread was fine and there was no reason to remove it. Doesn't make it true, as while I know quite a few of us spend tons of time on the boards, no one person can sit and watch all threads 24 hours a day, so no one knows what winds up posted when they are not here. The fact it took you this long to notice it was gone should prove that. ;-)

Anyway, the thread took a bad turn, wasn't going to get any better, and had quite a few posts that would have needed to be removed, so rather than remove specific posts, the mod (not me) decided it was better to just remove the whole discussion. The mod who removed it made a judgement call, and don't see a big problem with that. ;-D

Madison, you're a calming force, like cool water to a Hurricane... this is why I bring things up; I need an explanation.. how can I argue with that though? ;-D

Now that it's out of the way and mystery solved, I could sure go for some mexican food... pink tacos anyone??
If you're a battery, you're either working or you're dead....
Coppermine
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby acsguitar » Fri Aug 25, 2006 3:06 pm

I liked the post while it lasted it will forever be in my heart :-D
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby teddy ballgame » Fri Aug 25, 2006 5:51 pm

Coppermine wrote:
Madison wrote:
Coppermine wrote:
Dan Lambskin wrote:

Madison, you're a calming force, like cool water to a Hurricane... this is why I bring things up; I need an explanation.. how can I argue with that though? ;-D

Now that it's out of the way and mystery solved, I could sure go for some mexican food... pink tacos anyone??

My question is who sabotaged the thread? :-C }:-) ;-)
teddy ballgame
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Coppermine » Sat Aug 26, 2006 2:26 pm

RIP Toilet Paper thread :,-(

If you're a battery, you're either working or you're dead....
Coppermine
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Previous

Return to General Talk