mark buehrle - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Injuries & Player Updates

mark buehrle

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

mark buehrle

Postby bigmoney » Wed Aug 23, 2006 10:35 pm

anyone from chicago (or anywhere else actually) who knows what's wrong with this guy? he had a great start and season and has been AWFUL in the past two months. actually, that's the case for many of the white sox pitchers (contreras, vazquez). any chance of buehrle bouncing back at around a 4era and 1.25 whip?
bigmoney
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Cha Train » Wed Aug 23, 2006 11:08 pm

I am a die hard Sox fan here in Chicago, and let me tell you, he has looked awful. I had Beuhrle on my team and two weeks ago, was able to trade him and Peavy for Lackey, and it was one of the best deals I've made all year. He seems to get into these grooves where he leaves that goddamn changeup high over the center of the plate, and it gets hammered. I know that some people are going to try and say that he looks good after his one or two inning explosion, but, I, for one, don't think so. I think that his arm is burning/burnt out. This is a guy that has consistantly tossed 220+ innings for the Sox, and I think that it's finally catching up with him. Beuhrle is, and always has been, a location pitcher, and this year, he hasn't been able to find his spots, and his pitches are getting clocked. If I was in your position, I'd try and swing whatever deal I could to get Beuhrle off my team, or, bench him until he strings together a couple decent outings in a row (IMO, that's highly unlikely to happen for the rest of the year).
Goodnight Ladies, GOODNIGHT SIR!! Hit the lights sweetheart!
Cha Train
College Coach
College Coach

Postby bigmoney » Wed Aug 23, 2006 11:11 pm

lol, actually, im in the position of trying to buy him low. thanks a lot for the help.
bigmoney
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Ditka311 » Thu Aug 24, 2006 1:03 am

Another problem is the Questek or however it is spelled. The umps are reluctant to stretch the zone left to right. Buerhle relies on the corners since his "stuff" is average at best. When he's not getting these called as strikes he has to pitch over the plate...and then gets nailed.
Ditka311
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby BitterDodgerFan » Thu Aug 24, 2006 5:58 am

him and contreras has been terrible on my team recently. im trying to figure out who to replace. could it be both are sucking because of the questech?
BitterDodgerFan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby bigmoney » Thu Aug 24, 2006 9:39 am

well there's plenty of control pitchers out there who don't have electric "stuff" and they can still paint the corners. What are the odds that questech has only affected the two white sox pitchers? maybe it's the awful pitching coach's fault??
bigmoney
College Coach
College Coach

Return to Injuries & Player Updates