Paramount Dumps Tom Cruise - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Paramount Dumps Tom Cruise

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Paramount Dumps Tom Cruise

Postby Dr. Duran Duran » Wed Aug 23, 2006 6:52 pm

My respect for Paramount is at a record high...

Tom Cruise has been unceremoniously dumped by his Paramount studio partners for his sofa-jumping antics on TV. Revered Paramount boss Sumner Redstone has ended his company's 14-year relationship with Cruise/Wagner Productions because he no longer wants to be associated with the movie star. Redstone tells newspaper The Wall Street Journal he believes Cruise's bizarre antics on TV shows like Oprah and Today had a negative effect on the box office take of Paramount's 2005 summer blockbuster War Of The Worlds. He snipes, "As much as we like him personally, we thought it was wrong to renew his deal... His recent conduct has not been acceptable to Paramount."
Dr. Duran Duran
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

CafecasterTrivia Time Trial Champion
Home Cafe: Football

Postby The Artful Dodger » Wed Aug 23, 2006 7:02 pm

I could've sworn this was old news. I think the news broke out that Paramount dumped that sorry no-talent beatnik Tom Cruise yesterday or Monday. Oh well, Tommy Boy deserved the axe. Tom, we get it, sex with someone 20 years younger than you is amazing.

It's kinda like the Old Cafe - http://fbc2.freeforums.net
The Artful Dodger
Chief Wikitect
Chief Wikitect

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 670)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Coppermine » Wed Aug 23, 2006 7:18 pm

The Artful Dodger wrote:I could've sworn this was old news. I think the news broke out that Paramount dumped that sorry no-talent beatnik Tom Cruise yesterday or Monday. Oh well, Tommy Boy deserved the axe. Tom, we get it, sex with someone 20 years younger than you is amazing.

Yeah, heard this on NPR yesterday morning. Didn't even think it was worth mentioning. Cruise is like the Terrell Owens of Hollywood now... no one wants him, but you know someone will pick him up.

Another reason cited was that he criticized some actress (I forget who but I think it's Brooke Shields) for taking anti-depressents. Apparently Scientology is into brainwashing people the old fashioned way.
If you're a battery, you're either working or you're dead....
Coppermine
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby 1337_Dude » Wed Aug 23, 2006 7:33 pm

Amazing. I mean this dude is a complete wack job, but really is he any crazier then some of these other people in acting? With that said good job Paramount. I mean I was never a big fan of his, but I know of a lot of people who wouldn't watch movies if he was in them.

Coppermine wrote:Another reason cited was that he criticized some actress (I forget who but I think it's Brooke Shields) for taking anti-depressents. Apparently Scientology is into brainwashing people the old fashioned way.

It was Brooke Shields.
1337_Dude
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby acsguitar » Thu Aug 24, 2006 1:34 pm

Tom Cruise is still gay right?
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby Pogotheostrich » Thu Aug 24, 2006 1:48 pm

acsguitar wrote:Tom Cruise is still gay right?

You are so getting sued.
Pogotheostrich
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 337)

Postby Dan Lambskin » Thu Aug 24, 2006 1:56 pm

acsguitar wrote:Tom Cruise is still gay right?

i'm not sure but i heard he was joining the cast of The King of Queens ;-7
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Return to General Talk