I have the Best Cell Phone Ever - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

I have the Best Cell Phone Ever

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Coppermine » Wed Aug 23, 2006 6:27 pm

Post a picture of this; my current contract is up in december and I'm still anticipating my new cellular digs. I thought that chocolate mp3 player/phone looked cool, but by then it will be as lame and popular as the stupid Razr is now.
If you're a battery, you're either working or you're dead....
Coppermine
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby acsguitar » Wed Aug 23, 2006 6:33 pm

Coppermine wrote:Post a picture of this; my current contract is up in december and I'm still anticipating my new cellular digs. I thought that chocolate mp3 player/phone looked cool, but by then it will be as lame and popular as the stupid Razr is now.

I don't use phones as a way to make up for my lack of penis size.

But I do think ones that allow you to do more then make calls and take pictures are cool.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000EM ... 50?ie=UTF8
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby Coppermine » Wed Aug 23, 2006 6:38 pm

acsguitar wrote:
Coppermine wrote:Post a picture of this; my current contract is up in december and I'm still anticipating my new cellular digs. I thought that chocolate mp3 player/phone looked cool, but by then it will be as lame and popular as the stupid Razr is now.

But I do think ones that allow you to do more then make calls and take pictures are cool.

Well the Windows mobile and media player are definitely appealing; plus the wifi. I don't want to pay more, I have enough monthly payments and I get my entertainment from my television... but an MP3 phone would be awesome. I'm still itching for an iPod or similar device but I might just hold off for the phone. Does it take memory cards or what?

Also acs, I remember you mentioning that the new WMP 11 blows and I agreed for a little while, and I hate the stupid Urge music service. All in all though it's grown on me. I can't get into the iTunes thing, I'm too far behind and at least MS made their playlist function better. The skins suck though.

Plus I've recently re-discovered audio scrobbling.
Coppermine
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby acsguitar » Wed Aug 23, 2006 6:41 pm

Coppermine wrote:
acsguitar wrote:

Well the Windows mobile and media player are definitely appealing; plus the wifi. I don't want to pay more, I have enough monthly payments and I get my entertainment from my television... but an MP3 phone would be awesome. I'm still itching for an iPod or similar device but I might just hold off for the phone. Does it take memory cards or what?

Also acs, I remember you mentioning that the new WMP 11 blows and I agreed for a little while, and I hate the stupid Urge music service. All in all though it's grown on me. I can't get into the iTunes thing, I'm too far behind and at least MS made their playlist function better. The skins suck though.

Yea it takes mini sd cards. I got a 2 gig for 40 bucks on newegg.com

Media Player 11 was ok but it wouldn't sync correctly with my girlfriends Mp3 Player and she needs to use my PC cause when she erased all of her data I tried to crack a data recovery program that turned out to be a super virus and so her USB ports don't work anymore and she refuses to let me sell or reimage her pc.

Anyways the phone is lots of phone. Playing nintendo and being able to get broadband speed, where available, Pwns all the little phones that look like tampon cases
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby Coppermine » Wed Aug 23, 2006 6:44 pm

acsguitar wrote:
Coppermine wrote:
acsguitar wrote:

Media Player 11 was ok but it wouldn't sync correctly with my girlfriends Mp3 Player and she needs to use my PC cause when she erased all of her data I tried to crack a data recovery program that turned out to be a super virus and so her USB ports don't work anymore and she refuses to let me sell or reimage her pc.

Anyways the phone is lots of phone. Playing nintendo and being able to get broadband speed, where available, Pwns all the little phones that look like tampon cases

I guess WMP 11 is still in beta and I haven't tried syncing it with anything yet.

You don't walk around with one of those bluetooth headsets attached to your head now do you? There's this guy at work and punching him the face because he's talking into that thing would make me so happy.

This guy is a jerk
Coppermine
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Pedantic » Wed Aug 23, 2006 6:52 pm

Coppermine wrote:
acsguitar wrote:
Coppermine wrote:
acsguitar wrote:

I guess WMP 11 is still in beta and I haven't tried syncing it with anything yet.

You don't walk around with one of those bluetooth headsets attached to your head now do you? There's this guy at work and punching him the face because he's talking into that thing would make me so happy.

This guy is a jerk

As opposed to what? Pressing a cell phone against your ear for hours at a time?
Pedantic
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicEagle EyeCafe Musketeer

Postby Coppermine » Wed Aug 23, 2006 7:22 pm

Pedantic wrote:

As opposed to what? Pressing a cell phone against your ear for hours at a time?[/quote]

Well, first of all, who is talking on the phone for hours at a time over the age 14?

Second, no problem... I completely understand the merits of the wireless headset, particularly in the car... what I have a problem with is how it's become fashionable to wear these things all the time when out in public.

Also, you don't have to yell into them... they're sensitive enough that you can talk in a normal tone and the person on the other end will hear you. What's up with the yelling into the phone/headset/whatever?

Maybe I'm just weird because I don't have friends that call me multiple times daily.
Coppermine
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby The Artful Dodger » Wed Aug 23, 2006 8:03 pm

Coppermine wrote:Second, no problem... I completely understand the merits of the wireless headset, particularly in the car... what I have a problem with is how it's become fashionable to wear these things all the time when out in public.

Oh yeah, I hear that. There's my next door neighbor who stands on his lawn, which happens to face my kitchen window, just yapping out loud. I'm thinking to myself: couldn't you do this inside or are you just boasting that you're nouveau riche? Get over yourself, guy.

Coppermine wrote:Maybe I'm just weird because I don't have friends that call me multiple times daily.

Yeah, I'm pretty low-maintenance too. A lot of my friends are just born with a cell phone or headset attached to their ear and talking into it. Crazy.
The Artful Dodger
Chief Wikitect
Chief Wikitect

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 623)

Postby Big Pimpin » Wed Aug 23, 2006 8:09 pm

The Artful Dodger wrote:
Coppermine wrote:Second, no problem... I completely understand the merits of the wireless headset, particularly in the car... what I have a problem with is how it's become fashionable to wear these things all the time when out in public.

Oh yeah, I hear that. There's my next door neighbor who stands on his lawn, which happens to face my kitchen window, just yapping out loud. I'm thinking to myself: couldn't you do this inside or are you just boasting that you're nouveau riche? Get over yourself, guy.

Those things make me crazy... I swear like a dozen times I've been on the side of the person's face that doesn't have the headset attached to it. I'm watching them and they're just babbling and I'm like "WTF is that lady crazy?" Then she turns and I see that stupid thing hanging off the side of her head... :-t

:-°
Big Pimpin
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 4)

Postby teddy ballgame » Wed Aug 23, 2006 9:10 pm

Big Pimpin wrote:
The Artful Dodger wrote:

Those things make me crazy... I swear like a dozen times I've been on the side of the person's face that doesn't have the headset attached to it. I'm watching them and they're just babbling and I'm like "WTF is that lady crazy?" Then she turns and I see that stupid thing hanging off the side of her head... :-t

:-°

There's a commercial with some cell phone like that. The woman is talking to her husband and says "I love you" or something, and her co-worker is like "I've always had feelings for you too." :-b
teddy ballgame
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk