Grady Sizemore overrated? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Grady Sizemore overrated?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby go_jays_go » Sat Aug 26, 2006 11:40 pm

Sizemore isn't overrated at all. He's worth the picks. He's a potential 30-30 guy and he's still very young. His FKR is almost 2 which is fairly good, meaning the HR will still come. FKR is one of the best indicators of potential power, so the future is looking bright for young Sizemore.
go_jays_go
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerSweet 16 Survivor
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby DK » Sat Aug 26, 2006 11:47 pm

go_jays_go wrote:Sizemore isn't overrated at all. He's worth the picks. He's a potential 30-30 guy and he's still very young. His FKR is almost 2 which is fairly good, meaning the HR will still come. FKR is one of the best indicators of potential power, so the future is looking bright for young Sizemore.

Great point, GJG. ;D Sizemore's got a ton of talent and should be a star for years to come looking at his potential in terms of subjective and objective scouting.
DK
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby go_jays_go » Sat Aug 26, 2006 11:49 pm

DK wrote:
go_jays_go wrote:Sizemore isn't overrated at all. He's worth the picks. He's a potential 30-30 guy and he's still very young. His FKR is almost 2 which is fairly good, meaning the HR will still come. FKR is one of the best indicators of potential power, so the future is looking bright for young Sizemore.

Great point, GJG. ;D Sizemore's got a ton of talent and should be a star for years to come looking at his potential in terms of subjective and objective scouting.

You've got it. The stats are remarkable. ;-D
go_jays_go
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby cordscords » Sat Aug 26, 2006 11:54 pm

Not familiar with FKR. Can you please tell me what that is, and where I may find the stat?
cordscords
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 20)

Postby DK » Sun Aug 27, 2006 12:02 am

cordscords wrote:

Not familiar with FKR. Can you please tell me what that is, and where I may find the stat?

You can't find FKR online without paying. It's calculated on a game-by-game basis by a company out of California (name escapes me right now, I have the book somewhere...).
DK
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Mugrila » Sun Aug 27, 2006 12:07 am

I'm not a huge stat head, so I've only seen FKR a couple of times here and there. As far as obscure stats go it's probably one of the best. I think a lot of the others really don't indicate much.
Mugrila
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Champion

Postby Pedantic » Sun Aug 27, 2006 12:07 am

Good call on Sizemore's FKR. I hadn't even noticed that. It correctly predicted a number of breakouts, including Bill Hall's outburst, IIRC.
Pedantic
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicEagle EyeCafe Musketeer

Postby go_jays_go » Sun Aug 27, 2006 12:21 am

Pedantic wrote:Good call on Sizemore's FKR. I hadn't even noticed that. It correctly predicted a number of breakouts, including Bill Hall's outburst, IIRC.

Thanks. I noticed Bill Hall with KTG and I was truly impressed. It just shows a lot about him as a player and he'll continue to show signs of dominance. ;-D
go_jays_go
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby DK » Sun Aug 27, 2006 12:48 am

go_jays_go wrote:
Pedantic wrote:Good call on Sizemore's FKR. I hadn't even noticed that. It correctly predicted a number of breakouts, including Bill Hall's outburst, IIRC.

Thanks. I noticed Bill Hall with KTG and I was truly impressed. It just shows a lot about him as a player and he'll continue to show signs of dominance. ;-D

Oh man, I'd forgotten all about Hall's KTG. Using that in conjunction with his PKR it was a no-brainer he was going to break out this year.
DK
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Pedantic » Sun Aug 27, 2006 12:58 am

DK wrote:
go_jays_go wrote:

Oh man, I'd forgotten all about Hall's KTG. Using that in conjunction with his PKR it was a no-brainer he was going to break out this year.

As they say, hindsight is always 20/20. He would have been an absolutely fantastic pickup in my NL-only if I'd been paying attention to the numbers. Oh, well, live and learn. I'm definitely going to be looking at KTG much harder this offseason.
Pedantic
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicEagle EyeCafe Musketeer

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers