Fantasy Baseball has turned BORING! - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Fantasy Baseball has turned BORING!

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby sportsguy138 » Fri Aug 25, 2006 2:36 pm

teddy ballgame wrote:
sportsguy138 wrote:stop trying to convince people fantasy baseball is boring.

you don't like it get out of here, we don't need you.

haha, just kidding man, your always welcome. but still, not cool. B-)

I don't think he's trying to force anyone to believe the same. :-?

At the moment I'm ahead by more than 10 points in a roto redraft and it's gotten kind of tedious. I find myself focusing on trying to win every category since I already won the league.

.. ;-D
sportsguy138
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 407)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby TaturCity34 » Fri Aug 25, 2006 3:10 pm

avsfan4ever33 wrote:
rjforlife wrote:
avsfan4ever33 wrote:I haven't really been into fantasy baseball this year. I only pay attention to one team now, and thats my 20 team auction keeper league. Probably will be the only team I end up doing next year - I've lost a lot of intrest in fantasy baseball this season.

maybe thats because your username is a hockey reference.....

Not really... baseball is my favorite sport, I just don't get into fantasy sports much anymore.

So are you here because you enjoy proofreading?? :-?
TaturCity34
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Dawgpound 1613 » Sat Aug 26, 2006 7:55 am

Agree with Madison here (on both the roto/H2H and the reasons between FFB and FBB).

Baseball is 162 games in 26 weeks where every single day (except 3) could result in chances to have the standings change, for players to get hurt/traded/get sent down/called up. Depending on the type of league, you may have to be concerned with top prospects as well as the starters and back-ups currently on each teams roster, not to mention simply needing to be aware of more players in total since you have more roster spots to fill.

Football is 16 games in 17 weeks, almost all of which are Sunday. There are generally only two days to follow actual results and one day for waiver picks. You have fewer players to play, and therefore need to reserach fewer players. Players rarely get traded and while more may get hurt, there is no minor league system in place to call up players (since reserves are already on the roster).

As a result, baseball is a grind simply based on the way the schedule is structured, especially as compared to FFB. And it can be even more tolling if you get eliminated in your league. But, as someone else said, this "grind" appals to me based on the fact that I have the ability to know more and be aware of more if I spend the time and, basically, I can affect my chances based on how much time I spend in research. In FFB, I will always start my top 2 RB regardless of where they are playing and against whom. In FBB, I have many more decisions in terms of SP in one week than I normally do in a season of FFB with my QB.

But I can see if FBB isn't for you based on this grind and I would suggest FFB as an alternative.
Dawgpound 1613
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Sweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Location: \Lo*ca"tion\, n. 1. The act or process of locating. 2. Situation; place; locality.

Postby gfantasy » Sat Aug 26, 2006 2:11 pm

if your bored with FBB, try Russian Roulette. its a bit more exiting

gfantasy
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Web Supporter

Postby go_jays_go » Sat Aug 26, 2006 2:20 pm

BillyHallDisciple wrote:If you don't get into fantasy sports much, why are you posting on this site?

While majority of this site is for Fantasy Baseball it's for all Baseball fans in general. Avsfan is a great poster even if he isn't into fantasy that much. The Cafe is a place for all baseball fans and we're open for everyone. ;-D
go_jays_go
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby gfantasy » Sat Aug 26, 2006 2:51 pm

The Cafe doesnt discriminate.
gfantasy
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Web Supporter

Postby BillyHallDisciple » Sat Aug 26, 2006 3:21 pm

Gojaysgo, your tolerance is admirable, but this site is called the "fantasy" baseball cafe. If dude is a baseball purist, there's plenty of other sites he can go to for non-fantasy baseball news.

Like I said earlier, if it's too much of a grind for you then don't play it, and also try to go to a website that suits your interests instead of whining about how boring it is to a group of people that are passionately into it.

I love the long season and daily transactions, etc.
I play both FBB and FF. I love 'em both, but I must say baseball requires much more strategy and thus is more fun to play the role of GM, which is kinda what fantasy sports is about anyways.
BillyHallDisciple
General Manager
General Manager

Postby JTWood » Sat Aug 26, 2006 3:22 pm

Meh... Come one, come all, I say.

I'll give 'em all a big hug when they get here, and then we'll get Putin to kiss their bellies.

:-D
JTWood
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterEagle EyeWeb Supporter

Postby gfantasy » Sat Aug 26, 2006 3:24 pm

lol
gfantasy
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Web Supporter

Postby BxBombers951 » Sat Aug 26, 2006 3:42 pm

go_jays_go wrote:
BillyHallDisciple wrote:If you don't get into fantasy sports much, why are you posting on this site?

While majority of this site is for Fantasy Baseball it's for all Baseball fans in general. Avsfan is a great poster even if he isn't into fantasy that much. The Cafe is a place for all baseball fans and we're open for everyone. ;-D

yea, i came for fantasy, but i stayed for game commentary and graphics. im a regular poster even tho now i rarely post about fantasy.
BxBombers951
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Graphics Expert

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers