3 HR games... - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting

3 HR games...

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby RyanK » Wed Oct 18, 2006 1:30 am

Half Massed wrote:
BigLebowski wrote:This is the best post I have every read. Great read, maybe a waste of time, but a great read. This is what makes the cafe great. Not facts, not statistics or anything that can be proven, but an good down to earth discussion on a mythical feat. 3HRs in a single game....common, do I look stupid to you?

Exactly. We can take up 34 pages avoiding making a list on an impossible happening. God bless the Cafe. :,-(

Over under on 50...

I say over (this should be a good way to get 3 more pages) O:-)
RyanK
General Manager
General Manager

Graphics Expert
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Old_Style » Wed Oct 18, 2006 1:37 am

i read the last 10 pages of this thread, needless to say i feel dumber and would also like the last 5 minutes of my life back
Old_Style
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Half Massed » Wed Oct 18, 2006 2:17 am

Old_Style wrote:i read the last 10 pages of this thread, needless to say i feel dumber and would also like the last 5 minutes of my life back

I understand that this thread deals with some heady ideas and is hard to follow, so sorry for making you feel dumb.
Half Massed
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe WriterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby RAmst23 » Wed Oct 18, 2006 3:07 am

RyanK wrote:
Half Massed wrote:
BigLebowski wrote:This is the best post I have every read. Great read, maybe a waste of time, but a great read. This is what makes the cafe great. Not facts, not statistics or anything that can be proven, but an good down to earth discussion on a mythical feat. 3HRs in a single game....common, do I look stupid to you?

Exactly. We can take up 34 pages avoiding making a list on an impossible happening. God bless the Cafe. :,-(

Over under on 50...

It wouldn't be over 50 if someone would stop and actually make a list of 3 home run games.
...Boston papers now and then suffer a sharp flurry of arithmetic on this score; indeed, for Williams to have distributed all his hits so they did nobody else any good would constitute a feat of placement unparalleled in the annals of selfishness. -Updike
RAmst23
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 3)

Postby JTWood » Wed Oct 18, 2006 8:16 am

RAmst23 wrote:
RyanK wrote:
Half Massed wrote:

Over under on 50...

It wouldn't be over 50 if someone would stop and actually make a list of 3 home run games.

Excellent point.

;-D
JTWood
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterEagle EyeWeb Supporter

Postby slomo007 » Wed Oct 18, 2006 10:16 am

Old_Style wrote:i read the last 10 pages of this thread, needless to say i feel dumber and would also like the last 5 minutes of my life back

You're not the only one. But, I guess I should stop encouraging it by bumping this thread. Why do I continue clicking that thread title just to see the name "Jose Reyes" :-[
slomo007
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicEagle Eye

Postby Howie » Wed Oct 18, 2006 10:59 am

brewcrew4you wrote:
Howie wrote:
TheRawDAWG wrote:If you do more than 2 posts in a thread they should stop counting...I think Hort has only posted in 3 threads. ;-7

But seriously, and I am being serious... with all the love for the 3 homer games in this thread why has no one brought up Wells. He had one too. It's because he's playing in Canada isn't it?

Its the exchange rate. His "three" homers up in Canada only translate to roughly 2.356 homers in America. Hope that helps.

So if you have a 3 home run game in China, its only .00012316 home runs here?

Pretty much. That's why they don't play baseball in China, or so the legend goes... 8-o
Howie
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 7)

Postby TheRawDAWG » Wed Oct 18, 2006 11:26 am

10 pages? in 5 minutes?

Can we get a post started on how many cafe members have read 10 pages in 5 minutes this year? It's almost like saying Reyes could have a 3 homer game.
Barry Bonds for US president.
TheRawDAWG
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Football

Postby RyanK » Wed Oct 18, 2006 12:17 pm

TheRawDAWG wrote:

10 pages? in 5 minutes?

Can we get a post started on how many cafe members have read 10 pages in 5 minutes this year? It's almost like saying Reyes could have a 3 homer game.

I heard a rumor that Mad reads at a pace of 3 pages per minute... thats gotta be equivalent to a 3 home run game? right? any math guys wanna run that through excel? JT?
RyanK
General Manager
General Manager

Graphics Expert

Postby daullaz » Wed Oct 18, 2006 12:25 pm

All right....

12th attempt at making a list of 3 HR games this year...

1. Eric Milton (July 18 vs Mets: Nady, Valentin, Beltran)
daullaz
Head Scribe
Head Scribe

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 61)

PreviousNext

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting