3 HR games... - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting

3 HR games...

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby DevilDriver » Wed Sep 13, 2006 5:49 pm

1337_Dude wrote:Guys! I just saw... Damon Easley hit 3 dingers in a game! That's almost unheard of. Anyone know of anybody else who could have done that this season...psht I bet no one.

I think nick markackis did it a while back. it's been a long time though i hope he does it again
DevilDriver
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby The_Met_Threat » Wed Sep 13, 2006 6:57 pm

rainman23 wrote:You know what ticks me off? You guys are still finding new players after all these weeks. And that guy who originally posted for this hardly ever comes by to say thank you.

Just found another one, by the way. I forget his name, but he plays short for one of the NY teams. Nets, I think.

Are you sure Markakis plays for hte Nets?
Last edited by The_Met_Threat on Wed Sep 13, 2006 11:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Mets [b]will[/b] win the World Series this year.
The_Met_Threat
General Manager
General Manager

Postby DK » Wed Sep 13, 2006 7:00 pm

1337_Dude wrote:Guys! I just saw... Damon Easley hit 3 dingers in a game! That's almost unheard of. Anyone know of anybody else who could have done that this season...psht I bet no one.

I have no idea. Someone should start a thread about the 3-HR games this season. I wonder why nobody's done that. :-?

Probably because it'd get spammed by a bunch of people trying to keep a joke running or something...
Nah, that can't be it.
DK
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby 1337_Dude » Wed Sep 13, 2006 11:11 pm

DK wrote:

I have no idea. Someone should start a thread about the 3-HR games this season. I wonder why nobody's done that. :-?

Probably because it'd get spammed by a bunch of people trying to keep a joke running or something...
Nah, that can't be it.

Here at the Cafe? I'd have to see it to believe it. Even if it did happen, I doubt it would get to big... maybe a page or two.
1337_Dude
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Scoots#5 » Thu Sep 14, 2006 12:50 am

I think the Devil Rays did it once as a team... Does that count???
All that you do
Do as you might
Things done in halves
Are never done right
Scoots#5
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby bigh0rt » Thu Sep 14, 2006 1:08 am

Scoots#5 wrote:I think the Devil Rays did it once as a team... Does that count???

No.

But NL HR King Ryan Howard did it once this season. I wonder who else has done so in 2006? :-?
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 326)

Postby RynMan » Thu Sep 14, 2006 4:33 am

bigh0rt wrote:
Scoots#5 wrote:I think the Devil Rays did it once as a team... Does that count???

No.

But NL HR King Ryan Howard did it once this season. I wonder who else has done so in 2006? :-?

Albert Pujols has done it. He is also better than Ryan Howard....
RynMan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerAward-Winning Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby Tavish » Thu Sep 14, 2006 7:48 am

bigh0rt wrote:

No.

But NL HR King Ryan Howard did it once this season.

Ummm, I tried looking on Google for any mention of this but couldn't find anything. You have a source? Not that I don't believe you or anything but I think someone would have mentioned him before now if this was true. Its just hard to telll if you are joking or not. If you had named someone, like say Damion Easley, then it would be fairly obvious you weren't being serious.

Bury me a Royal.
Tavish
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterWeb Supporter
(Past Year: 25)

Postby davidmarver » Thu Sep 14, 2006 7:56 am

Tavish wrote:
bigh0rt wrote:

No.

Ummm, I tried looking on Google for any mention of this but couldn't find anything. You have a source? Not that I don't believe you or anything but I think someone would have mentioned him before now if this was true. Its just hard to telll if you are joking or not. If you had named someone, like say Damion Easley, then it would be fairly obvious you weren't being serious.

Tavish, it's impossible to tell if you're joking here yourself. The answer is that Howard did it on September 3rd, in an 8-7 win over Atlanta in game one of a double-header. A box score for this game can be found here, here, here, or here.

As for Damian Easley...dream on.
davidmarver
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby Tavish » Thu Sep 14, 2006 8:04 am

davidmarver wrote:
Tavish wrote:
bigh0rt wrote:

No.

Tavish, it's impossible to tell if you're joking here yourself. The answer is that Howard did it on September 3rd, in an 8-7 win over Atlanta in game one of a double-header. A box score for this game can be found here, here, here, or here.

As for Damian Easley...dream on.

Ahh, thanks. We should just make a list of the players, that would take all of the guess work out of this.

Bury me a Royal.
Tavish
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterWeb Supporter
(Past Year: 25)

PreviousNext

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting