Deolis Guerra vs. Will Inman - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Minor League & College Baseball

Deolis Guerra vs. Will Inman

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby rmande09 » Wed Aug 23, 2006 6:02 pm

If you simply look at it like that, then sure. But he's only going to be in A+ ball for a couple weeks, make a couple starts... There's no reason the Brewers couldn't have done that with Inman weeks ago, as he's been more than ready, but they've apparently decided to slow-track him. He may (and probably will) follow Yovani Gallardo's "track," beginning next season at A+, and, assuming he's successful, a mid-season call-up to AA would be in store. Not quite sure what the Mets have in mind for Guerra, but since he's so young, it wouldn't be very surprising to see him spend all of 2007 at A+.
C: Pierzynski
1B: Pujols
2B: Altuve
3B: Miggy
SS: HanRam
OF (x3): CarGo, M. Bourn, D. Jennings
UTIL (x2): E. Encarnacion, C. Hart
BN: Cuddyer, C. Ross, J. Montero

SP: Price, Gallardo, T. Hudson, Lester
RP: Chapman, Jansen, Rodney, Putz, Cishek, Bailey
rmande09
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby raiders_umpire » Wed Aug 23, 2006 6:48 pm

shortsavage wrote:Ok, points taken. I'll still bring the thunder, but I'll hold off on bringing in the whole storm quite as often.

It's hard to avoid causing a stir when you have as much fire in your belly as I do. And I'd sit back and listen more often if there was enough regular debate around hear to keep me from getting hungry.

I would definitely recommend you sitting back and relaxing just a bit in these forums. You are getting close to crossing the line with me with your remarks to some of the guys in here. Just remember Hybrid, J35J, and the others are here not only to help you but everybody else as well. I enjoy reading your aspects on a player, even though I have not agreed with you on many occasions, just as I enjoy reading Hybrid and Jasons accounts as well. I am not going to let them flame you for thinking Linecum is better then Liriano and I am not going to sit back and allow you to flame them either. I enjoy seeing the discussion in here as there was a time last year, when most of the discussion was between Hybrid and me. But just keep it a discussion about the players. ;-D ;-D

BTW, I am not saying change your style, just that you might want to tone the disrespective remarks down a bit. ;-D
raiders_umpire

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby shortsavage » Wed Aug 23, 2006 6:57 pm

I haven't been that bad, but whateva. Let's just talk baseball.
Mike Pelfrey > Matt Garza
shortsavage
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterWeb Supporter

Postby shortsavage » Wed Aug 23, 2006 9:40 pm

8/23 Inman: 6 IP, 4 H, 0 R, 1 BB, 6 K

This third round pick sure looks to be panning out.
shortsavage
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterWeb Supporter

Postby imblotto » Wed Aug 23, 2006 11:15 pm

inman improves to 10-1 on the year, and drops his era to 1.30. How about we just say that both are studs?

I'm liking the Brewers minor league combo of Inman and Gallardo this year. Both have put up pretty impressive numbers. ;-D
imblotto
College Coach
College Coach

Postby shortsavage » Wed Aug 23, 2006 11:19 pm

imblotto wrote:inman improves to 10-1 on the year, and drops his era to 1.30. How about we just say that both are studs?

I'm liking the Brewers minor league combo of Inman and Gallardo this year. Both have put up pretty impressive numbers. ;-D

Mark Rogers another Brewers pitching prospect who you could find on top 100 prospect lists entering next season, too - due to his upside.
shortsavage
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterWeb Supporter

Postby Havok1517 » Wed Aug 23, 2006 11:30 pm

shortsavage wrote:
imblotto wrote:inman improves to 10-1 on the year, and drops his era to 1.30. How about we just say that both are studs?

Mark Rogers another Brewers pitching prospect who you could find on top 100 prospect lists entering next season, too - due to his upside.

Some people view Rogers as closer due to his stud arm but sometimes questionable control.
Havok1517
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe Writer
(Past Year: 116)

Postby shortsavage » Wed Aug 23, 2006 11:39 pm

Havok1517 wrote:
shortsavage wrote:

Some people view Rogers as closer due to his stud arm but sometimes questionable control.

It's possible, but you'd think they'd try him out as a starter for at least another few years.
shortsavage
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterWeb Supporter

Postby imblotto » Tue Aug 29, 2006 10:55 pm

line on inman tonight...

IP H R ER BB SO HR ERA
Inman 6.0 3 2 2 1 11 1 1.40

11 k's in 6 innings...wow
imblotto
College Coach
College Coach

Postby shortsavage » Wed Aug 30, 2006 12:27 am

imblotto wrote:line on inman tonight...

IP H R ER BB SO HR ERA
Inman 6.0 3 2 2 1 11 1 1.40

11 k's in 6 innings...wow

Actually, this clearly was Inman's worst start of the season. He had gone longer than any other minor league pitcher without giving up a home run. The home run that he gave up this evening was his first of the season. Inman, as it turns out, is mortal.

P.S. Guerra got rocked in his A+ debut, 2.1 IP/4 hits/4 ER/4 BB/4 K. I think he will make his second (and perhaps final) start for St. Lucie tomorrow.
shortsavage
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterWeb Supporter

PreviousNext

Return to Minor League & College Baseball