Deolis Guerra vs. Will Inman - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Minor League & College Baseball

Deolis Guerra vs. Will Inman

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby J35J » Tue Aug 22, 2006 4:02 pm

The guy I want in a dynasty or any league for that matter is the guy who I think will be the better playing in the big leagues. Guerra is a 17 year old who has done well for a 17 year old but hasn't been dominate by any means. Inman HAS been dominate last year AND this year. I don't want to bank on a 17 year old doing much of anything in the bigs to be honest. He is a guy I will definately keep an eye on but to say that a 17 year old pitcher is going to be a stud is a little premature just because pitchers in general are hard enough to predict what they will do.

With all that said even IF Guerra is a good/great pitcher, its going to be probably 4 years before you will see him in the majors. Most leagues don't even last that long, I'm not going to draft a guy that is that far away.

Be skeptical about how I evaluate players, fine with me, no worries here. I think there are plenty of guys here who are skeptical on the way you evaluate talent. I'll let you put your eggs in a 17 year old pitchers basket, thats fine, I'm sure not going to do it!!

Jason
J35J
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 358)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby J35J » Tue Aug 22, 2006 4:11 pm

Savage your really cracking me up over here, I don't know about anyone else but you really have your opinions set in stone but then will turn around and say things like.....

shortsavage wrote:I'm still raw at this whole prospect rating thing

and

shortsavage wrote:Yeah, I'm learning.

Jason
J35J
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby shortsavage » Tue Aug 22, 2006 4:44 pm

But the thing is I'm making adjustments.

I'll come at you strong with all that I know and hold that position until I'm really convinced that I was wrong. And I'm fine with admitting that I'm wrong...aggressive and offensive (I don't do this in person, don't know why I do it on message boards) but not overly stubborn. In the end, I just want to settle somewhere I find logical.

I'm pretty sure that my input and comments have helped more people than they have hurt people. Plus, I am thorough and I ask good questions.

It's fine that you have a preference for Inman. I asked about these two pitchers because I think they are comparable right now - in terms of major league potential - and you can't really go wrong with either one right now.

Once you study up on Guerra a little more, I think you will realize that they are closer than you think.
Mike Pelfrey > Matt Garza
shortsavage
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterWeb Supporter

Postby rmande09 » Tue Aug 22, 2006 5:43 pm

shortsavage wrote:But the thing is I'm making adjustments.

I'll come at you strong with all that I know and hold that position until I'm really convinced that I was wrong. And I'm fine with admitting that I'm wrong...aggressive and offensive (I don't do this in person, don't know why I do it on message boards) but not overly stubborn. In the end, I just want to settle somewhere I find logical.

I'm pretty sure that my input and comments have helped more people than they have hurt people. Plus, I am thorough and I ask good questions.

It's fine that you have a preference for Inman. I asked about these two pitchers because I think they are comparable right now - in terms of major league potential - and you can't really go wrong with either one right now.

Once you study up on Guerra a little more, I think you will realize that they are closer than you think.

I think the problem here is that you tend to come across as a complete asshole and some people don't particularly enjoy that. You act like you know all, then go and say things like, "I'm new at this."

I don't have a problem with you, in fact, I kind of enjoy your comments. I don't necessarily feel as though I learn from you, but you promote discussion and different sides to each argument (which I tend to disagree with). You also make it more comfortable for me to exist as an arrogant, know-it-all... typer?

As you can see, I just throw it out there. Please don't take offense to what I just said, as I don't mean to offend you. It's actually more of a compliment than anything. And if you don't enjoy coming off as I said you do, you may want to revise your approach a bit.
C: Pierzynski
1B: Pujols
2B: Altuve
3B: Miggy
SS: HanRam
OF (x3): CarGo, M. Bourn, D. Jennings
UTIL (x2): E. Encarnacion, C. Hart
BN: Cuddyer, C. Ross, J. Montero

SP: Price, Gallardo, T. Hudson, Lester
RP: Chapman, Jansen, Rodney, Putz, Cishek, Bailey
rmande09
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby J35J » Tue Aug 22, 2006 5:48 pm

rmande09 wrote:
shortsavage wrote:But the thing is I'm making adjustments.

I think the problem here is that you tend to come across as a complete asshole and some people don't particularly enjoy that. You act like you know all, then go and say things like, "I'm new at this."

I don't have a problem with you, in fact, I kind of enjoy your comments. I don't necessarily feel as though I learn from you, but you promote discussion and different sides to each argument (which I tend to disagree with). You also make it more comfortable for me to exist as an arrogant, know-it-all... typer?

As you can see, I just throw it out there. Please don't take offense to what I just said, as I don't mean to offend you. It's actually more of a compliment than anything. And if you don't enjoy coming off as I said you do, you may want to revise your approach a bit.

Agreed! :-°

Jason
J35J
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby hybrid » Wed Aug 23, 2006 1:06 pm

I think rmande09 put it pretty well in his last comment. I enjoy that you bring up discussions, but at the same extent I think you come off badly at times and it can be annoying. I'd only suggest to tone it down a bit as I enjoy people who get interested in the minors and want to learn.
hybrid
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert

Postby shortsavage » Wed Aug 23, 2006 1:42 pm

Ok, points taken. I'll still bring the thunder, but I'll hold off on bringing in the whole storm quite as often.

It's hard to avoid causing a stir when you have as much fire in your belly as I do. And I'd sit back and listen more often if there was enough regular debate around hear to keep me from getting hungry.

I'm covering UC Davis football (the team featured on ESPN for beating Stanford in what some called "The Biggest Upset in the History of College Football"), so I'll start having a little more on my plate. Then, I won't be around to annoy you guys as much, but you can still expect regular thunder bolts.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Back to the topic, Inman is in line to toe the slab tonight at 7:00PM EST in Greensboro. Meanwhile, Guerra who last pitched on 8/17 appears to have been promoted to A+ in St. Lucie, where he could start tonight.

I think it's fair to say that Guerra may be the more advanced of the two now.
shortsavage
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterWeb Supporter

Postby shortsavage » Wed Aug 23, 2006 2:01 pm

P.S. Even King Felix wasn't in A+ prior to his 18th birthday.
shortsavage
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterWeb Supporter

Postby rmande09 » Wed Aug 23, 2006 4:39 pm

shortsavage wrote:P.S. Even King Felix wasn't in A+ prior to his 18th birthday.

SS, don't change completely. Like I said, it didn't sound nice (what I said), but I kind of enjoy it...

Anyways, we'll see how "advanced" Guerra is with his performance at A+. I wouldn't exactly say two starts at A+ would make him more advanced, as both will begin next season at A+ (most likely).
C: Pierzynski
1B: Pujols
2B: Altuve
3B: Miggy
SS: HanRam
OF (x3): CarGo, M. Bourn, D. Jennings
UTIL (x2): E. Encarnacion, C. Hart
BN: Cuddyer, C. Ross, J. Montero

SP: Price, Gallardo, T. Hudson, Lester
RP: Chapman, Jansen, Rodney, Putz, Cishek, Bailey
rmande09
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby shortsavage » Wed Aug 23, 2006 5:33 pm

I was just thinking that being in advanced A ball while Inman was merely at A ball made Guerra more advanced.
shortsavage
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterWeb Supporter

PreviousNext

Return to Minor League & College Baseball