the weird dodgers moves - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Injuries & Player Updates

the weird dodgers moves

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

the weird dodgers moves

Postby fuj » Tue Aug 22, 2006 12:53 am

wow.. im really glad the dodgers made the move to get this incredible reliever elmer dessens. i mean.. really.. this guy sucked in Arizona.. he sucked in LA.. he sucked in KC.. and now he's busy sucking again in LA. why did the dodgers move to get him back? unbelievable.. of all the relievers out there... it didnt help that odalis dropped his stock all the way to the level of dirt.. i mean.. the dodgers needed to throw in prospects with his sorry@$$ to get the lights out dessens. its ridiculous. ludicrious. unbearable. the dodgers made some nice moves.. lugo and betemit have been nice and maddux has been money.. but this one i just cant comprehend.

i mean.. why do they keep reacquiring these mediocre relievers.. gio carrara being another one of them. now they have two of their crappiest relievers from years gone by back on their roster. move for duaner (before he got hurt).. or u couldve got guillermo mota back for a bag of chips.

and then they move their prized catcher.. the one they arranged a three way trade that got busted and then pretty much made the same deal just seperately... trading away big shawn green in order to get the "catcher of the future" and then they move dioner with jae seo for the schmuck mark hendrickson and the other schmuck toby hall (who pissed and moaned that he wanted to be traded to a team where he would start.. but sadly, such a team really doesnt exist). hendrickson is so bad that grady little spoke of skipping his turn in the rotation (along with rookie billingsley) recently. again.. u couldve gotten a decent arm... possibly jeff weaver who hasnt been himself since moving away from the confines of dodger stadium.

all of these moves are just ludacris. its frustrating as a fan.
fuj
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Basketball

Re: the weird dodgers moves

Postby chinst » Tue Aug 22, 2006 1:26 am

fuj wrote:wow.. im really glad the dodgers made the move to get this incredible reliever elmer dessens. i mean.. really.. this guy sucked in Arizona.. he sucked in LA.. he sucked in KC.. and now he's busy sucking again in LA. why did the dodgers move to get him back? unbelievable.. of all the relievers out there... it didnt help that odalis dropped his stock all the way to the level of dirt.. i mean.. the dodgers needed to throw in prospects with his sorry@$$ to get the lights out dessens. its ridiculous. ludicrious. unbearable. the dodgers made some nice moves.. lugo and betemit have been nice and maddux has been money.. but this one i just cant comprehend.

i mean.. why do they keep reacquiring these mediocre relievers.. gio carrara being another one of them. now they have two of their crappiest relievers from years gone by back on their roster. move for duaner (before he got hurt).. or u couldve got guillermo mota back for a bag of chips.

and then they move their prized catcher.. the one they arranged a three way trade that got busted and then pretty much made the same deal just seperately... trading away big shawn green in order to get the "catcher of the future" and then they move dioner with jae seo for the schmuck mark hendrickson and the other schmuck toby hall (who pissed and moaned that he wanted to be traded to a team where he would start.. but sadly, such a team really doesnt exist). hendrickson is so bad that grady little spoke of skipping his turn in the rotation (along with rookie billingsley) recently. again.. u couldve gotten a decent arm... possibly jeff weaver who hasnt been himself since moving away from the confines of dodger stadium.

You're nuts if you think the Dodgers could have pried Sanchez away from the Mets with a crowbar...
chinst
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby balmlb119 » Tue Aug 22, 2006 1:56 am

Now if they would just play Lugo a little more.

a cho-pulled groin for Nomar-o! 'Cuse me... don't know where that sneeze came from.
balmlb119
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Re: the weird dodgers moves

Postby fuj » Tue Aug 22, 2006 3:17 am

chinst wrote:
fuj wrote:wow.. im really glad the dodgers made the move to get this incredible reliever elmer dessens. i mean.. really.. this guy sucked in Arizona.. he sucked in LA.. he sucked in KC.. and now he's busy sucking again in LA. why did the dodgers move to get him back? unbelievable.. of all the relievers out there... it didnt help that odalis dropped his stock all the way to the level of dirt.. i mean.. the dodgers needed to throw in prospects with his sorry@$$ to get the lights out dessens. its ridiculous. ludicrious. unbearable. the dodgers made some nice moves.. lugo and betemit have been nice and maddux has been money.. but this one i just cant comprehend.

You're nuts if you think the Dodgers could have pried Sanchez away from the Mets with a crowbar...

realistically youre right.. but i was just theoretically saying that if they were gonna bring back some relievers who used to play for them.. they shouldve went for the ones who were good.. not the crappy ass ones like elmer dessens.. who wants that tool? and carrara wasnt even in the bigs til the dodgers called him back up. stupidity at its best..
fuj
College Coach
College Coach

Postby fuj » Thu Aug 24, 2006 1:18 pm

once again elmer and gio pay dividends for the dodgers. this is freakin awesome.
fuj
College Coach
College Coach

Postby thehomerj21 » Fri Aug 25, 2006 9:33 pm

The whole point of getting Dessens was to basically get rid of the clubhouse cancer known as odalis perez.

That's it.
thehomerj21
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby fuj » Fri Aug 25, 2006 9:43 pm

thehomerj21 wrote:The whole point of getting Dessens was to basically get rid of the clubhouse cancer known as odalis perez.

That's it.

why do they keep bringing him in then? they can just keep him on the bench where he belongs. piece of trash..
fuj
College Coach
College Coach

Postby fuj » Fri Aug 25, 2006 11:42 pm

yep.. gio at it again. lucky they pulled him before he surrendered ALL of the lead. but he's still charged with the two runners on, so maybe he'll lose after all....

nope.. tomko bails him out and strikes out drew for the third out. ridiculous. isnt there anyone else in the pen they can use? jesus..
fuj
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Old_Style » Fri Aug 25, 2006 11:50 pm

fuj wrote:
thehomerj21 wrote:The whole point of getting Dessens was to basically get rid of the clubhouse cancer known as odalis perez.

That's it.

why do they keep bringing him in then? they can just keep him on the bench where he belongs. piece of trash..

a "clubhouse cancer" can be one on or off the field.
Old_Style
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Havok1517 » Sat Aug 26, 2006 1:59 am

I think Greg Miller could provide some needed relief help to the Dodgers. He's better than most of the relievers they have.
Havok1517
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe Writer
(Past Year: 116)

Next

Return to Injuries & Player Updates