Pedro Martinez - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Injuries & Player Updates

Pedro Martinez

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Pedro Martinez

Postby thehomerj21 » Mon Aug 21, 2006 9:30 pm

From SI.com

I’ve gotten tons of e-mails about what is going on with Pedro Martinez and the short answer is: consider him done. He’s on the 15-day DL through the end of August. If he’s healthy by then expect the team to baby him back into the rotation with perhaps three starts in September. If he’s not healthy, there’s your answer.

From Rotowire:

Aug 17 Martinez (strained right calf) is eligible to come over the disabled list on August 30 and Manager Willie Randolph hopes to have his ace back by September 1 so that he can have four or five starts to get ready for the playoffs, the NY Daily News reports.
Recommendation: Martinez is slated to wear a protective boot for the next week, and he will initially be limited to playing catch and riding a stationary bike. September 1 is a best-case scenario for his return and the Mets will let Pedro take as much time as he needs to make sure he is fully healthy before allowing him to return to action.
----------------

So what do you all think? Is he done? I'm hesitant to drop him but with Huston Street hitting the DL on my team, I need to make room.
thehomerj21
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby Mariners44 » Tue Aug 22, 2006 2:25 am

i hear he will be back on sept 1st and shud get 4 or 5 starts in but u never know he could have a setback and they may wanna rest him a bit before playoffs if they can keep their lead up
Mariners44
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Amazinz » Tue Aug 22, 2006 11:12 am

Yeah I think the Mets main goal here is to make sure he is in the best condition he can be in for the playoffs. The injury itself is not that serious so I don't really think a setback is much of a worry. From a fantasy baseball perspective it's definitely worrisome.
Maine has a good swing for a pitcher but on anything that moves, he has no chance. And if it's a fastball, it has to be up in the zone. Basically, the pitcher has to hit his bat. - Mike Pelfrey
Amazinz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Return to Injuries & Player Updates