What do we need to do with our line-up? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Detroit Tigers

What do we need to do with our line-up?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby mcqfesijiba » Sun Aug 27, 2006 10:51 am

The offense was better for once, although Magglio's two early double plays were pretty awful. Even Neifi Perez walked! But what happens? Verlander has a rough outing and we get outscored. Things just aren't going the Tigers way right now. And the Twins are really picking up steam right now, even without Liriano.

I am interested to see how Leyland plays things if this continues. He may have been leaning back with the large lead the Tigers had, but that lead is now shrinking quickly. I would not be surprised to see a lineup shakeup soon with some of the things we've been pondering about lately (ie. Clevlen becoming more everyday and maybe Thames stealing a few more starts from Ordonez?).
mcqfesijiba
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby moochman » Sun Aug 27, 2006 12:33 pm

You know what was the most disappointing thing about last night? There were two that stuck out to me.
1) What was Pudge, Hernandez, and Leyland doing letting V pitch like he did? Even the announcers had picked up on that he wasn't pitching but just throwing. So how many times did we see Pudge go out to the mound? Hernandez come out to talk? Leyland to sprinkle some of his magic dust? Zero. I was screaming at my set for Pudge to go out there and tell him to slow down and try to locate a pitch. But they did nothing. It was almost as if they couldn't believe what was happening.

2) What happened to the Tiger bats after that inning. I think the next inning Westbrook threw less than ten pitches. Disgusting to see them revert back to poor plate strategy at the hint of adversity.
**3) What is Nefi Perez doing in the line up. Grrrrr.

On a side note. I wonder what there record is since Dmitri came back. Seems we've sucked alot since. Coincidence for sure. More a combo of No hitting from the #1, 3, 4, 6, 8, 9th spots in the order. How friggin pathetic is that? Granderson has put up Nefi-like numbers since the break. Pudge no power, no RBIs. Maggs, .240 since the break with 2 HRs. RBIs have dried up. Thames-see Maggs. Nefi, no need to go there. Inge no pop. But will deny tiring I'm sure.

Dang we need a win today.
moochman
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Pick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby mcqfesijiba » Mon Aug 28, 2006 4:33 pm

Thames is ultra streaky, and that may be putting it mildly. It looks like he might be heating up again because he's been hitting the ball hard a lot as of late. Hopefully Granderson's big game against Cleveland (vs a LHP no less) is a start to the end of his slump. He's been one of the most important players on the team with his ability to get on base at the front of the lineup. If he can get going again, it could be huge.
mcqfesijiba
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Previous

Return to Detroit Tigers