FFC vs. FBC football league this year? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

FFC vs. FBC football league this year?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Zito is God » Tue Aug 29, 2006 5:31 pm

Tavish wrote:
chadlincoln wrote:I reoffered it.

I'm betting FFG was one of the guys who vetoed it. One of those "in hind-sight I was crazy to take it" vetoes. I doubt he accepts the deal again.

I think this was the case as well.

Anyway, the trade was bad, but I am a firm believer in letting managers m,anage their team how they want so I wanted it to go through. Just pray he accepts again. :-D

Sean Tracey has my apologies, we all know Ozzie Guillen is an idiot. I'm rooting for you!
Zito is God
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterPick 3 Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Omaha Red Sox » Tue Aug 29, 2006 5:42 pm

Zito is God wrote:
Tavish wrote:

I'm betting FFG was one of the guys who vetoed it. One of those "in hind-sight I was crazy to take it" vetoes. I doubt he accepts the deal again.

Anyway, the trade was bad, but I am a firm believer in letting managers m,anage their team how they want so I wanted it to go through. Just pray he accepts again. :-D

He was pretty adamant that it was a good deal for him, so if he recants I'd be surprised...
Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 6)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby knapplc » Tue Aug 29, 2006 5:46 pm

Omaha Red Sox wrote:
Zito is God wrote:
Tavish wrote:

He was pretty adamant that it was a good deal for him, so if he recants I'd be surprised...

Yeah, me too. If he did veto it I'd find that pretty funny, however. :-b

Since these threads seem to be a permanent part of both Cafes' GT forums, and since I'm a GT whore, I think I'll be in here rooting for the Light Siders all season.

Go Light Side! Woot!! ;-D
Keep wreves in General Talk in 2011!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicGolden Eagle Eye

Postby The Artful Dodger » Tue Aug 29, 2006 5:46 pm

Omaha Red Sox wrote:
Zito is God wrote:
Tavish wrote:

Yes, he keeps preaching that Chester Taylor is greatly underrated. :-D
The Artful Dodger
Chief Wikitect
Chief Wikitect

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 619)

Postby knapplc » Tue Aug 29, 2006 5:53 pm

The Artful Dodger wrote:
Omaha Red Sox wrote:
Zito is God wrote:
Tavish wrote:

He's right. I think Taylor is going to have a better season than people think, and I think he's underrated. Still, even with that I think this was a bad trade for him, as I outlined above.... or was that in the football thread? :-? Now I'm getting confused......
Keep wreves in General Talk in 2011!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicGolden Eagle Eye

Postby The Artful Dodger » Tue Aug 29, 2006 5:55 pm

knapplc wrote:
The Artful Dodger wrote:
Omaha Red Sox wrote:
Zito is God wrote:
Tavish wrote:

He's right. I think Taylor is going to have a better season than people think, and I think he's underrated. Still, even with that I think this was a bad trade for him, as I outlined above.... or was that in the football thread? :-? Now I'm getting confused......

Yes, Taylor is underrated, but not to the point, where I'd trade SA where Taylor is the key component to that deal.

BTW, you posted the breakdown of the deal on the football side. ;-D
The Artful Dodger
Chief Wikitect
Chief Wikitect

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby mweir145 » Wed Aug 30, 2006 3:27 am

Omaha Red Sox wrote:
Zito is God wrote:
Tavish wrote:

FFG wrote on the Yahoo message board tonight that he didn't accept Lincoln's new send through of the trade, and that he countered it with another offer. I'm thinking Tavish's scenario might very well have been what happened.
mweir145
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Eagle Eye
(Past Year: 10)

Postby chadlincoln » Wed Aug 30, 2006 10:17 am

He vetoed his own trade. Buyers remorse? Poor playing. :-t :-t
7/26 - Cafe goes down:

General Error
SQL ERROR [ mysql4 ]
Table './cafe_forums/baseball_sessions' is marked as crashed and should be repaired [145]
An sql error occurred while fetching this page. Please contact an administrator if this problem persists.
chadlincoln
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter

Postby The Artful Dodger » Wed Aug 30, 2006 12:13 pm

chadlincoln wrote:He vetoed his own trade. Buyers remorse? Poor playing. :-t :-t

Yeah, I think that he did his own trade on impulse. I reckon FFG wanted to justify what he did, but probably realized that it's more likely to backfire on him than the trade being a coup. If indeed he vetoed his own deal, I don't blame him one bit, but he really should have given dealing SA plenty of thought. Just wasn't a wise move at all. :-t
The Artful Dodger
Chief Wikitect
Chief Wikitect

Postby chadlincoln » Wed Aug 30, 2006 12:20 pm

The Artful Dodger wrote:
chadlincoln wrote:He vetoed his own trade. Buyers remorse? Poor playing. :-t :-t

Yeah, I think that he did his own trade on impulse. I reckon FFG wanted to justify what he did, but probably realized that it's more likely to backfire on him than the trade being a coup. If indeed he vetoed his own deal, I don't blame him one bit, but he really should have given dealing SA plenty of thought. Just wasn't a wise move at all. :-t
You shouldn't be able to veto your own trade.
7/26 - Cafe goes down:

General Error
SQL ERROR [ mysql4 ]
Table './cafe_forums/baseball_sessions' is marked as crashed and should be repaired [145]
An sql error occurred while fetching this page. Please contact an administrator if this problem persists.
chadlincoln
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk